Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,628 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Chipotlemonger
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I knew them before they got big. /Redstone
Who is redstone?
A Top 5 most insufferable poster on TexAgs. Always knew the band before you did, and he's well-versed in the difference between a Movie and a Film.
I think he's Psych's brother. He also wants BSD to die.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Who is redstone?
A Top 5 most insufferable poster on TexAgs. Always knew the band before you did, and he's well-versed in the difference between a Movie and a Film.
Psych's a good dude. Hooked me up with doggie-drugs for Layla.

Do we have a list of people who want BSD to die? Between him and Phischy, he's putting together a solid list of enemies. Heaven help him if he ever meets a Frank Grimes.
lne2011
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Who is redstone?

Is he related to mfbarnes?
jah003
S

AgEng06
AG
Just got that email
Represent830
AG
Yikes. I didn't need to go up there but I need to go up there.
Scriffer
AG
quote:

ISO

Rep, if you hook me up, I can make it worth your while after my Colorado trip next month. I still haven't forgotten the Supplication generosity too.
jah003
S
My daughters birthday is today, so I won't be making it out to JK. If anyone can grab me a bottle I will more than make it up to you...
Represent830
AG
I'd love to help you guys out but don't forget it's 1/pp on this one. I'll see what I can do if I go.
Represent830
AG
Go up to Greeley. I heard there is a brewery up there.
Scriffer
AG
It's on the menu.
NColoradoAG
Gonna need some of that Cru55. Might break into the medianoche stash for that.
Represent830
AG
sunofab*tch

Let me assemble my mules and see what I can do.
Represent830
AG
For all you traders, you gotta get your hands on the medianoche. It'll change your damn life.
jah003
S
quote:
I'd love to help you guys out but don't forget it's 1/pp on this one. I'll see what I can do if I go.

Find some homeless people and Matt Chow that *****.
Hudson2508
AG
Just saw a ISO CRU55 FT Atrial offer on Facebook and people mocked the guy. Those people are the worst.
maca1028
JK needs to slow down and save some releases for my trip up there next month!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Any chance some will still be available tomorrow morning?

I'm guessing probably not.
Coy94
AG
Awesome news. I'm going to try to get to JK this weekend. I'll see how many I can grab and post how many I get.

Coy94
MathNewman06
AG
Spontaneous fermentation stuff should be coming around then, "if we don't drink it all first" was what one of the brewers said.
jah003
S
quote:
Any chance some will still be available tomorrow morning?

I'm guessing probably not.

Since they announced it so late, there is a small chance. It'll likely be a wait in line for 100 or so bottles situation, though.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
1 per person per day... any chance 900 bottles last into sunday? I might be up for a road trip if so
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Who is redstone?

Am I supposed to know who this person is??? The name doesn't ring a bell.

Oh, and that CRU sounds good.
dave99ag
AG
Nah, he's just similar to the way Psych was on here except posts mostly on Entertainment.
cc10106
quote:
Spontaneous fermentation stuff should be coming around then, "if we don't drink it all first" was what one of the brewers said.
I tried 3 of 5 blends they brought last weekend to Texas Lambic Fest, and I think folks will be pleased with the JK "gueuze".
cc10106
quote:
Awesome news. I'm going to try to get to JK this weekend. I'll see how many I can grab and post how many I get.

Coy94
I hope by "this weekend" you mean today.
Coy94
AG
I haven't seen how many bottles they have. Any word on that?

Damn! 900 bottles....I guess only Friday then....hmmmm let me check my calendar.
cc10106
nm, it's been posted.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
Nah, he's just similar to the way Psych was on here except posts mostly on Entertainment.
Do you mean Phischy?
Represent830
AG
I don't think all 900 go today. Probably lasts until tomorrow but not long after.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Do you mean Phischy?

Yes, sorry I can't spell.
Chipotlemonger
AG
They'll all be long gone by Sunday.
62strat
AG
So I've got two kids in daycare now, so the beer budget has drastically been reduced. Bombers are pretty much out of the question. Wife and I decided we have to expand beyond our go-to beer.. so we've switched to whisky/vodka/wine (boxes!).
I buy what's on sale so I'm still getting decent quality stuff, and beer has been reduced to 12 packs at $15 or less. Liquor stores here have really deep discounts on random stuff regularly. I see $5 off $20 bottles and $10 off $30-$40 bottles pretty often. I picked up a 1.75 of crown a few years back for like $32.

Anyway, I go to store today, and I get 2 boxes of Bota Box Wine (8 bottles worth), a 12 pack of full sail session IPA, and 1.75 liter of Enchanted Rock vodka (never had it, but it was like $7 off)..

So I've got:
12 - (just OK) ipas,
40 - 1.5 oz vodka drinks (ok.. add in another $5-$10 for other ingredients) and
32 - glasses of wine

All for $64. Roughly the price of 3 mid priced bombers!
Makes me realize just how much that beer really costs. That's a month's worth of drinking for 2 people easily. I I know it's not top shelf stuff.. where as a $22 bomber typically is.

I've got lots of bombers in the basement to dig into when I'm feigning. Just don't want to deplete it.. we have solid 3 years of double daycare!

La Fours
AG
I'm a big fan of Enchanted Rock Vodka. It's made in San Antonio and the founders are Aggies.
62strat
AG
quote:
I'm a big fan of Enchanted Rock Vodka. It's made in San Antonio and the founders are Aggies.
Yeh I've had tito's, dripping springs and deep eddy before.. All worth buying again, though tito's is much higher priced. Assuming this one is good, nice to have several options. I picked up a deep eddy last time for about $18 (the 1.75).
The few CO vodka's I've seen are pricey.

Curious how much ER vodka is in TX? I paid $17, it was about $7 off I think, for a 1.75L. That's pretty damn cheap.
First Page Last Page
Page 995 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.