Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,563 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by SoTxAg
turfman80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I liked the ropiness...it had a viscous swirling effect when pouring into the glass. And Jeff said it made for a slick mouthfeel, which was okay,also. I'll save my second bottle for later but I had zero complaints about the first bottle!
turfman80
AG
Since Cedar Creek started applying canned on date stickers on their six packs, I have been seeking out their Dankasaurus. It's not my absolute favorite hop profile, but it's still pretty damn good when fresh. This latest batch has a bit too much green onion, but it's not stopping me.

MW13
AG
quote:
Since Cedar Creek started applying canned on date stickers on their six packs, I have been seeking out their Dankasaurus. It's not my absolute favorite hop profile, but it's still pretty damn good when fresh. This latest batch has a bit too much green onion, but it's not stopping me.

I find myself out that way every now and again and like their stuff, anybody ever been out there?
La Fours
AG
My brother in law doesn't live too far from there but I haven't been to the brewery yet.
maca1028
Smart man.
La Fours
AG
I don't get good ideas often. So when I have one I try to make sure I follow through.
turfman80
AG
The brewery or the brother-in-law?
BSD
AG
Not beer but it's the Three Floyds Dark Lord coffee, Necromancer...an annual vacation primer.

P.S. Obligatory...metal as ****!
Inspector Spacetime
AG
BBH Cherry is still so TBD I don't know why we even bothered posting about it.

An OG BBH will be coming out second week of June, and we should have another FUN entry with either Roll in the Hay-- Saison from White Wine barrels (mostly Chardonnay, some Viognier) or Jack Daniels barrel Three Legged Lab possibly before BBH Cherry.

It's hard to predict because the FUN beers are aging without a known end point, and you might as well include Cherries of Fire in that statement since it's being done a little different this time. The original Roll in the Hay (FUN 004) ended up taking a little over a year IIRC.

Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but Karbach hired a QA Manager from New Glarus around a year ago, so we have high hopes for any fruited beers we release in the future.
jah003
S
quote:
Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but Karbach hired a QA Manager from New Glarus around a year ago, so we have high hopes for any fruited beers we release in the future.
That's badass... Can Karbach just start pumping out Belgian Red and call it something else?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Jd lab? Yes please.

How do they know when stuff is ready? Pull the bung and taste it?
MW13
AG
Not enough coffee yet ... OG hellfighter?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
As in not vanilla, chocolate or cherry added
La Fours
AG
quote:
Not beer but it's the Three Floyds Dark Lord coffee, Necromancer...an annual vacation primer.

P.S. Obligatory...metal as ****!

That bottle opener!!!
Inspector Spacetime
AG
As far as I know, yes. I've seen them take samples to taste by hammering a nail in the side too, but that was for non-QA purposes
MW13
AG
quote:
As in not vanilla, chocolate or cherry added

That's what I figured but then I started thinking "maybe it's something cool I don't even know about."
Chipotlemonger
AG
Blue star for you

To MW13 -

dave99ag
AG
Half Acre Daisy Cutter plus Gino's deep dish is a good start to the day. Time to go celebrate friends getting married out on a yacht on Lake Michigan.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Half Acre Daisy Cutter plus Gino's deep dish is a good start to the day. Time to go celebrate friends getting married out on a yacht on Lake Michigan.

Damn. On a yacht? They must be Mrs. Dave99ag's friends.

And that Daisey Cutter is so good.
dave99ag
AG
Yes and it's as we call it, "a big gay wedding." They party hard!
MW13
AG
quote:
Blue star for you

To MW13 -

Haha exactly!

In other news just had some 5 o clock pils from St Arnolds while watching the Ags. Pretty good afternoon beer.

If we keep leaving runners on base I'm gonna need something stronger though.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Found a Xocoveza Charred sitting at HEB last night. Loved Xocoveza. Hopefully this is good for a $18 500 ml bottle.
MathNewman06
AG
Saint arnold tap takeover at heb bunker hill.
Boiler room Brett raspberry berlinerweisse and bishops barrel 7. I was there at 2pm and he said they would get those going around 4. I think I overheard him say small growler fills of bb7 for $25.
Represent830
AG
Anyone had Tallgrass Berliner Weiss? Man that stuff is good
Quincey P. Morris
AG
If you like Cinammon then Blue Moon Cinammon Horchata is the beer for you. It's a whole lot of Cinammon. I like it but one is plenty.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Buffalo Bayou Summer Wit, SOOO good.

Had quite a few beera at The Salt Lick Today. Got damn that barbecue is the best.

Edit: the only glasses we brought were these little rinky dink plastic wine glasses :/

jah003
S
quote:

Had quite a few beera at The Salt Lick Today. Got damn that barbecue is the best.

Please go to Franklin...
Hudson2508
AG
Yeah you need to try some other places, Franklins, La BBQ, Mickelthwaits, Kremlin's and John Mueller's are all in a different league than Salt Lick. Love the atmosphere out there though.

Having an Almanac Peach De Brettaville, so tart and good.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

Please go to Franklin...

Real talk.
maca1028
Never been to any of those, down here in Houston we have Killens and they have some really good BBQ.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:

Please go to Franklin...

Will do. I'm partial to ribs/salt lick is the best when I've had a few beers.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Haven't been to any of those.

I grew up close to Salt Lick so there's a nostalgia factor too.

There are some meats at Cooper's in Llano that I always go back to.
Hudson2508
AG
Then definitely hit up La BBQ or John Mueller's to avoid the Franklin level line. Although La BBQ lines are almost as bad but the brisket is on the same level.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yea that's what I've heard about La BBQ.
First Page Last Page
Page 933 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.