Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,024 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by steve00
Hudson2508
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have to say, Heady Topper exceeds the hype, if that's possible. Rank it slightly higher than Pliny and Yellow Rose on my IPA favorites.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hello
La Fours
AG
quote:
Someone on this board lives in Oregon right...?

#goandpickitupformebro?

#ditto
Jock 07
AG
quote:
I have to say, Heady Topper exceeds the hype, if that's possible. Rank it slightly higher than Pliny and Yellow Rose on my IPA favorites.

100% concur and would argue it ranks more than slightly higher above Pliny
Post removed:
by user
Jock 07
AG
OC still not a done deal, time to start drinking again.
aggiemike02
AG
Just lost reindeer tears roulette.
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
Drinking my BBT. I think I'm going to need to find another couple.

Picked up one in Austin today - glad to see it here since I haven't gotten to try it before.
corndog04
AG
quote:
Someone on this board lives in Oregon right...?

#goandpickitupformebro?

I've actually got next Friday off, so I imagine I'll be standing proudly in the neckbeard parade to grab these. I'll get as many as they'll let me have but I doubt that is much.
txaggie05
AG
Just booked a trip to San Francisco for work that I'm going to drag into the weekend and bring my wife along for. RRBC here I come in just over 2 weeks.
Chipotlemonger
AG
A shades worthy post if I ever saw one
62strat
AG
Don't speed between San Fran and Santa Rosa.. They'll get you!
Scriffer
AG
Any bar / beer / restaurant recs in Salt Lake City? Going there next week for a bachelor party.
BSD
AG
quote:
impossible. the construction there will keep you at 20mph for the entire trip.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

If not the construction, the ******* who insists on driving his 2005 Prius in the left lane 10 mph under the speed limit will ensure that there is no chance to speed.
Scriffer
AG
Check that. We'll be in Park City, so any cool spots there will be appreciated.
AgEng06
AG
Gonna be out at JK with some friends tomorrow for some birthday beers. Any of you guys planning on going out there?
dave99ag
AG
Doesn't Utah only serve near beer?
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Doesn't Utah only serve near beer?

We're actually headed to Park City next week as well. One of the girls that is going has parents that have a house there. She sent this out to the group last week.

quote:
-You can only get 4% domestic beer in standard grocery stores

-You can buy full content beer at the "state store" but bewarea 24 pack of Pacifico is about $54.00

-Wine in the state store is about $3-5.00 more than what we purchase in CA

-Liquor prices (not sure because I don't usually buy) (actually, here is a link to the prices: http://abc.utah.gov/products/documents/AlphaPriceList.pdf)

-If people are comfortable packing a bottle of something maybe they should?

-When at a restaurant, buy bottled beer! Anything on draft, including microbrews, are 4% or less.
-But ASK which bottles are full content before buying, not all are and no domestic beers are full content, even in the bottle
dave99ag
AG
I was half joking. Scriff, better check a bag of good stuff.
Scriffer
AG
&+@$!!!!!
BSD
AG
quote:
damn good beer! Worth the hype. I was sad that I had to pass on a 4 pack last month because I wouldn't have been able to drink it in its prime condition.
BSD
AG
quote:
Just booked a trip to San Francisco for work that I'm going to drag into the weekend and bring my wife along for. RRBC here I come in just over 2 weeks.
You may be out there for SF Beer Week. http://www.sfbeerweek.org/

Here are the events that Rare Barrel is pouring at (from email I just received):

quote:
The Reunion: The Bruery, Societe Brewing Co, & The Rare Barrel
Saturday, January 23rd, 2-10PM @ The Rare Barrel
Mark your calendars! We are starting the beginning of Beer Week by getting the gang back together again! The Bruery, Societe Brewing Company, and The Rare Barrel will all be under the same roof for our second annual reunion event. Each brewery will be serving 5 beers for you to try at the Tasting Room starting at 2PM.
If you didn't know, Patrick from The Bruery, Doug from Societe, and Jay from The Rare Barrel all worked together at The Bruery. Patrick, Doug, and Jay will all be in house for the first few hours to share each other's beer, reminisce about the past, chat about the present, and look forward to the future.
Real Smoked BBQ is bringing a massive smoker to our parking lot again and will dishing up some amazing BBQ for this event and Sunday, January 24th. Come hungry and thirsty!

The Rare Barrel Cellar Night
Thursday, January 28th, 4-10PM @ The Rare Barrel
That's right, we are bringing back a few of our past releases for you to try in our Tasting Room for one night only! We will have 13 sours on tap and 3 bottles to try in house. Please see a list of beers we plan on serving below.
Draft
Becoming | golden sour aged in oak barrels with boysenberries
Dubious Nights | dark sour beer aged in tequila barrels
Forces Unseen 14 (Batch 2) | blend of 3 golden sour beer aged in oak barrels
Forces Unseen 15 (Batch 4) | blend of 4 golden sour beer aged in oak barrels
Forces Unseen 16 (Batch 5) | blend of 5 golden sour beer aged in oak barrels
Impossible Soul | golden sour beer aged in oak barrels with tart cherries and sweet cherries
Map of the Sun | golden sour beer aged in oak barrels with apricots
No Salt | golden sour beer aged in tequila barrels
Proportional Response | amber sour beer aged in oak barrels
Soliloquy | golden sour beer aged in oak barrels with rose hips and orange peel
Sourtooth Tiger | golden sour beer aged in oak barrels with ginger
Supermassive | dark sour beer aged in oak barrels with blackberries and black currants
2nd Anniversary Sour | red sour beer aged in whiskey barrels
Bottles (for on site consumption)
Apropos of Nothing | golden sour beer aged in oak barrels with elderberries and lavender
Forces Unseen 14 (Batch 1) | blend of 3 golden sour beer aged in oak barrels
Home Sour Home | golden sour beer aged in oak barrels with peaches, cinnamon, and vanilla bean
Bottles (for sale)
Map of the Sun | golden sour beer aged in oak barrels with apricots
No Salt | golden sour beer aged in tequila barrels

Between the Barrels w/Lauren Salazar & New Belgium Brewing
Saturday, January 30th, 2PM - 5PM @ The Rare Barrel
Lauren Salazar will be in house on Saturday, January 30th from 2PM to 5PM along with some of our friends from New Belgium Brewing. Five special sours from the New Belgium cellars will be served along with suggested cheese and dessert pairings. Lauren and Jay will also be holding 3 Q&A sessions at 2:30PM, 3:30PM, and 4:30PM for up to 20 people each session. Sign-ups are on a first come first serve basis so make sure to stop by the Tasting Room early to get your chance to chat with Lauren.

Sours from The Rare Barrel can also be enjoyed at the following events: SFBW Opening Gala (1/22), Barrel Aged Beer Fest at The Trappist (1/23), Sours United at Monk's Kettle (1/23), Sour Sunday at Jupiter (1/24), and Knights Of The Dank Table at BeerCraft (1/28).

txaggie05
AG
This will be my 3rd trip out to RRBC so I'm definitely aware of the "intricacies" of the drive.

BSD, you are a GD boss. Thanks for the heads up. Now I gotta break this news to the wife.
steve00
AG
quote:

High West Whiskey is in Park City. The tour is pretty cool, the food at the restaurant is good and, of course, there is whiskey.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:

High West Whiskey is in Park City. The tour is pretty cool, the food at the restaurant is good and, of course, there is whiskey.
Excellent! Much appreciated.
Post removed:
by user
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:
damn good beer! Worth the hype. I was sad that I had to pass on a 4 pack last month because I wouldn't have been able to drink it in its prime condition.

62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeh my info may be dated. I went spring of 2014. Was able to speed. Was able to be pulled over. Was able to send California several couple hundred bucks by mail to pay civil penalty.
Post removed:
by user
jah003
S
Chipotlemonger
AG
Oh hell yes!
La Fours
AG
quote:

I won't believe it until I see cans in a store. They've been saying this for years.

But oh that hefe in a can. Please, please, please, be distributed to BCS soon.
jah003
S
quote:
Just did an inventory and rearrangement and found out I have several bottles of St. Arnold DR12. It's an old ale and was put out in 2012.

I never cared for it from the beginning and forgot that my in laws gave it to me. May try one to see if I've changed my mind, but what could I realistically trade a sixer and bomber for?

To be honest... Nothing. I usually throw them in as extras in trades. Last 12 I had was drinking pretty nicely, though.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 824 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.