Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,693 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by Quincey P. Morris
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
So how does it compare to the regular? Much more bourbony?

It wasn't actually that much more barrel forward. I was honestly pretty underwhelmed. It had a great mouthfeel, but the aroma and flavor were a bit tannic. It wasn't hot, but wasn't very smooth either. Like all the limited ****, it's worth trying, but isn't leaps and bounds better than regular. And definitely not worth 6x the price.
BSD
AG
My buddy had it the other day and was underwhelmed, too. He said it was a bit hot, though.
steve00
AG

As today is the day, I drank after, but did not enjoy. It is way over carbonated. I poured two glasses and got tons of foam each time. Not a very pleasant flavor either.

Wishing I didn't have two more bottles, as someone got confused when trying to get some Enjoy By.

Jock 07
AG
We opened my uncles bottle yesterday. Didn't realize it at the time we opened it but he had kept it in the fridge all year. First drain pour for me in quite some time.
NColoradoAG
Color me shocked that Enjoy After is over carbed and not very good. Shocked I tell you.
Whoop04
I have one. Would stashing it another year help?
NColoradoAG
quote:
I have one. Would stashing it another year help?

Highly doubtful
steve00
AG
I'd have to agree. Go ahead and open it to clear cellar space for something that will taste good next year.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Do all the enjoy afters suck? Is it a stone marketing ploy?
Whoop04
Stone? Marketing ploy? Nooooo
maca1028
Let's ask Phichy
steve00
AG
quote:
Do all the enjoy afters suck? Is it a stone marketing ploy?

It is as much or as little a Mktg ploy as Enjoy By. The only difference is that one is a really good product and the other sucks. Stone makes in your face IPAs well, and probably shouldn't be dabbling in Brett.
Jock 07
AG
Well they did figure out how to offload the cellaring costs onto the consumer while still charging as if they had said cellar costs. And there were apparently plenty of folks willing to buy the product.
Hub05
AG
I will be making my first pilgrimage to Jester King this weekend. I haven't decided if I am going on Saturday or Sunday. Anyone else going to be there?

Second question, we are staying in the Leander area, anything notably beer related up there?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
The Dig Pub is in Cedar Park, which is a pretty neat pub/tap room.

Red Horn off of 1431 in Cedar Park is close as well, and they brew some decent stuff.
jah003
S
quote:

Red Horn off of 1432 in Cedar Park is close as well, and they brew some decent stuff.

That about sums it up in the Leander area. Brass Tap in Round Rock is solid as well. Lakeline HEB in Cedar Park is a good place to purchase beer. The beer guy (Gianluca) is a good dude.

I'm debating going to JK Saturday, but I don't think I have the wife convinced. I will be at Austin Beerworks Friday if you'll be in town.
Hub05
AG
The tweeter says Austin beerworks in closed on new years day (Fri)
dustin999
AG
quote:
I will be making my first pilgrimage to Jester King this weekend. I haven't decided if I am going on Saturday or Sunday. Anyone else going to be there?

Second question, we are staying in the Leander area, anything notably beer related up there?

I live right down the road from jester king. Some thoughts:

1) Hope you like sour beer. It's great as a novelty, but not something I'd drink regularly. Still, I love JK because
2) Stanley's farmhouse pizza is awesome. Get The Willie.
3) The beer selection at Stanley's and the other bar is pretty damn good, so I usually drink a couple of sours from JK then stick with what Stanley's has on tap.
4) JK's Bottles to Go selection is pretty spectacular. Study the **** out of it before you go.
5) it's a great place to let kids run around and feels like the Renaissance festival whenever I go.

I really do love Jester King.
jah003
S
quote:
The tweeter says Austin beerworks in closed on new years day (Fri)
Was invited to a bachelor party and this was one of the stops... guess I should inform the best man.
evan_aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

Red Horn off of 1432 in Cedar Park is close as well, and they brew some decent stuff.

That about sums it up in the Leander area. Brass Tap in Round Rock is solid as well. Lakeline HEB in Cedar Park is a good place to purchase beer. The beer guy (Gianluca) is a good dude.

I'm debating going to JK Saturday, but I don't think I have the wife convinced. I will be at Austin Beerworks Friday if you'll be in town.

What is special about the Dig Pub? I think I've only ever been once (I live right down the road). I don't recall anything special, but it was years ago.
Hub05
AG
Thanks for the advice. I've had a lot of JK just haven't lived in the state to be able to visit. Like you, I enjoy the flavors their house strains impart. I assume the tempranillo will still be available this weekend.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

What is special about the Dig Pub? I think I've only ever been once (I live right down the road). I don't recall anything special, but it was years ago.

They've got like 30 or so taps... Which is pretty impressive for CP. It kind of has a Cheers feel to it as well. Just a local watering hole where everyone knows your name.
AgEng06
AG
Having my 1st of two Enjoy Afters. I didn't have the gusher problems, but it's just kinda meh overall. Definitely not a drain pour, but I probably won't buy another.
jah003
S
My local beer guy purchased this for me (cause that's just how he rolls)...

Pretty solid. Tons of Bourbon and chocolate. Tastes a lot better by the fire with MNF on.
Jock 07
AG
I found the black crack got better as it warmed up
Hudson2508
AG
I will try and make it out there this weekend, what day are you going?

There should be plenty of CdT left for this weekend but they will probably limit it to 1 per person on the 2nd weekend. It tasted wonderful on tap.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Got myself a new shirt at Nobi tonight.

maca1028
quote:
Got myself a new shirt at Nobi tonight.

I went by the gas station tonight, got home and saw they put these on sale again. May have to drive back out there tomorrow.
Ags #1
AG
Black crack seemed so thin to me. Barely any bourbon taste for my liking. Will stick to bbh and the like
Geriatric Punk
AG
NColoradoAg - you at Weld today? At the jail and am going to pop over after for a growler for the Texas clan that is driving in tomorrow.

If not, what's your favorite?
BSD
AG
Beer mail!

Hub05
AG
Nice BSD

Hudson, I haven't decided what day I will be out at JK. It will all depend on who else in our group of friends wants to go. I will post when I decide and maybe we could meet up for a beer
Chipotlemonger
AG
Wasn't able to get a CdT yet...I will be in Austin the next 2 days however.

They got bottles left?
maca1028
This is interesting
fav13andac1)c
AG
Picked up a bottle of Community Barrel-Aged Legion today. What am I in for?
First Page Last Page
Page 817 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.