Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,392 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by maca1028
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where all did you go? I haven't gone out to look for BBT. I am out of space as it is, but if I stumble across some, I'll buy it.
Kyle98
AG
Monday to Market Street in Flower Mound. Yesterday, on my lunch break, Total Wine (also got the Nelson there) and Midway Mart in Denton (also got the Black Crack there). Then, on the way home, Whole Foods in Highland Village. One BBT at each. Didn't have to venture too far from home (HV) or work (Denton).
army01
AG
gotcha...I am west side...I doubt Schricks in Hudson Oaks got any, but CM and Specs in Fort Worth probably did.
NColoradoAG
I'm quiting beer and moving on to heroin after this disaster of a football season. My cellar is for sale so I can fuel the dope addiction.
Kyle98
AG
I think I saw that alot of Specs got theirs today. I saw a picture that a Specs in Dallas got a whole big ass pallet of it.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I'm with you there. Gonna move on to the strongest stuff I can find right now. Beer isn't gonna cut it with this garbage. What did we do to deserve this?!
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I'm quiting beer and moving on to heroin after this disaster of a football season. My cellar is for sale so I can fuel the dope addiction.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Got my bottle from Dallas Whole Foods (Preston and Forest location).
jah003
S
quote:

Let this sink in... Connor McQueen is our back up QB in the bowl game. Yep... Connor effing McQueen.
BSD
AG
I hate you people. This thread is how I found out about both transfers. To be honest, I'm not even mad Kyler's gone. He blew. but losing Kyle is going to hurt for a looooooooooooooooong time.
dave99ag
AG
Hubes may surprise us all.
Post removed:
by user
Chipotlemonger
AG
I got my bottle by asking for it from behind the counter.

They had some sitting at Whole Foods on Preston and Forest. They had not put any out on the floor when I was there.
Scriffer
AG
Front service desk? I may swing by there on my way home.
turfman80
AG
quote:
quote:
Headed to Houston tomorrow. Anyone know of any Alpines on the shelf anywhere?

Duet bottles in the large format section at Kroger N Shepherd/11th Street
Grabbed some this afternoon - thanks!
MattJaxson
AG
Had a good beer weekend between my trip to Chicago/Green Bay and the wife's trip to New Orleans.

Was able to hit up Revolution and Half Acre and drank plenty of New Glarus & Three Floyds. Central Waters Peruvian Morning was awesome as well.

La Fours
AG
Kyler isn't gone yet.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
He should be. I was done with his drama in January. More during the season and now I'm just done with him all together. He can go elsewhere. On top of that it doesn't sound like his would be teammates on the baseball team are all that impressed with his attitude.
62strat
AG
Had a red wine barrel aged yeti at the new great divide barrel room/tap house. Damn it was tasty.
soso33
Heb holleman had BCBS today but by the time I got there this evening it was gone.
dixie whiskey
AG
anyone tried the rahr 11th anniversary RIS with toasted coconut? saw some at heb earlier and grabbed a couple at 8.99 ea. rahr can be really hit or miss for me, with more misses than hits for sure. but they've got a few offerings I really like. plus I'm a sucker for coconut. likely open one this weekend and see what's up with it, but I'm actually a little excited to try this one.

also, if anyone hears anything about bourbon county variants on the nw side of houston-ish (290 barker area) please pass it along. after you secure yours of course. my schedule doesn't allow for a lot of opportunity to get across town for it, especially liquor stores closing at 9 and all, so I'm somewhat limited on where I can get to. jv specs would be my first thought, hoping their beer guy sends one of his mass texts out for it. last coffee I had was '13, but it was my favorite by far out of what I've had (that, regular, barleywine) so long shot aside, I'd love to score some. never had regal but I'm hoping to find some of that too, and I certainly won't say no to the bw.

drinking black butte xxvii now, and I gotta agree with many on this thread. really impressive, especially for something pretty easy to come by. got another to age as well
DallasAggie2012
AG
The Rahr 11th anniversary is really good I thought. The coconut gives it a nice sweetness that goes really well with how smooth the stout already is. It's a pretty nice offering from them, and I think much better than a lot of the other stuff they have put out recently.

I'm not a Houstonite, but I have read that the Spec's on Smith Street will have a limit of 3 of each of the variants excluding the Regal Rye.
Kyle98
AG
I enjoyed the 11th anniversary as well. Liked it a lot more than the BBAWW.
jah003
S
quote:
Heb holleman had BCBS today but by the time I got there this evening it was gone.

If you want some just let me know. I can bring a few bottles down with me when I visit CS for the holidays.
soso33
quote:
quote:

If you want some just let me know. I can bring a few bottles down with me when I visit CS for the holidays.
Thanks for the offer. I will be in Austin and Houston for the holidays, so I'm hoping I might find some in either of those places.
DaveHimself
AG
DFW folks - I hear Total Wine is getting BCBS variants tomorrow so I assume most everybody else will too.
jetch17
AG
quote:
Kyler isn't gone yet.

So what are we drinking tonight!?
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
Kyler isn't gone yet.

So what are we drinking tonight!?

I'm celebrating with a bcbs. Eff that dwarf. Glad he's gone.
BSD
AG
Gawddamn right.

But can we have Allen back please?
La Fours
AG
I wish. But Sumlin screwed that up by pandering to the Murray's. I hope Kevin Murray knows he's now persona non grata as far as Aggies are concerned. And probably won't get much help from other Aggies for his business.
maca1028
I came in here to talk about beer...
La Fours
AG
This bcbs is awesome!!
ChipFTAC01
AG
Just cracked open a Pliny
La Fours
AG
I hope it wasn't from your trip a few months ago.
ChipFTAC01
AG
It is. Second to last one.
First Page Last Page
Page 808 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.