Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,573 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 41 min ago by Chipotlemonger
DaveHimself
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Lol. Somehow I got you and Dave Himself mixed up. I have a meno for it on my phone cause this thread is too hard to search.
Sup. Still holding on to the BA Legion. We'll get around to meeting up one of these days.
jetch17
AG
quote:
Just picked up bottles of Abyss and Apple Brandy Noir at the Jones Rd. Specs in Houston. Abyss was on the counter and they had 4 or 5 left. The Noir was in the back not sure how many were left.

I see exclusive foodmart on telge got these tonight, as well
jetch17
AG
quote:
I hope to grab a couple tomorrow as well. Never had uncle Jacobs before. Oh and they got more blood orange gose. Much excite.

Where's the best BCS spot to seek tasties? I'll be up for the day tomorrow
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
Anyone want me to get a contest going for Aggie baseball...?

Don't do that to the baseball team, Jah...Please for the love of everything holy!

Broke this one out tonight because was planning to pickup a couple bottles at Specs tomorrow, kind of disappointed, it's just not that good comparatively speaking.

How much are those running down there? Right around 12 bucks here iirc.
La Fours
AG
Specs and the Hebs. Specs will release uncle Jacobs tomorrow at 2pm. 2 per customer. They posted on their Facebook page. Specs College Station Beer Department.
La Fours
AG
I assume $12 as well.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Apple brandy noir is outstanding.
maca1028
Yes it is, I drank the only bottle I got last week and came across another one yesterday that I might age for a little bit, but then again I might drink it
sanitariex
AG
I managed to pick up 3 bottles of Apple Brandy Noir, drinking one next week and saving the others. Also managed to clean out Specs Walnut Hill of Bomb and Abyss. Good week overall.
SecoKid
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Freetail just released the Bourbon Barrel Coffee Stout today. Got 2 and going to go look for more this evening.
Have you tried it yet? I read they aged it for just a month, but I'm still curious because I had the non-BA version last weekend and loved it.
It was really good. I have this strange dislike for any type of liquor; I'm very much a beer and wine guy. So when I have these BBA beers I don't like them when they are too boozy. And since I agree with you about the original, I was hoping the BBA wouldn't overpower the coffee flavor and think they did a really good job balancing it. Just enough to still tastes the coffee but the bourbon flavor isn't too strong. Kinda mild, actually... but very smooth.

I had it at the taproom yesterday, and I prefer the regular over the BA version. I think its just that I don't like thinner, lower alcohol BA stouts though. I also didn't care for Black Crack or Velvet Merlin. At $15/bottle, I decided to pass. Still had fun taking the brewery tour, and they had more coffee stout aging in barrels, so if you like it the releases might be semi regularly.
SecoKid
AG
SecoKid
AG
Triple Post.
BSD
AG
quote:
Triple Post.

Strong!
BSD
AG
Does Steve00 still post on this thread? And are we 110% sure he isn't Phischy?
jh0400
AG
quote:

IIRC, Steve00 drinks Stone, and Phischy would never lower himself to that level.
jh0400
AG
dp
jh0400
AG
I don't remember seeing this posted, but it makes me want to quit chasing beers.

http://firstwefeast.com/drink/craft-beer-mules-exposed/
steve00
AG
quote:
quote:

IIRC, Steve00 drinks Stone, and Phischy would never lower himself to that level.

I also am in favor of paying a premium to get out of state stores to ship me beers that I can't get here. I've been killing Bells Two Hearted inventories in Michigan lately.

I wish I could find a store willing to ship Yellow Rose.
BSD
AG
Ah there he is. Steve, hit me up on my email in my profile.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I also am in favor of paying a premium to get out of state stores to ship me beers that I can't get here. I've been killing Bells Two Hearted inventories in Michigan lately.

I wish I could find a store willing to ship Yellow Rose.

We could work out an ongoing Yellow Rose for Pliny swap.
steve00
AG
quote:

I may have some interest in this. I'm coming to Houston next weekend for a wedding and I was hoping I could buy 6-12 bottles and check it back home with me. Is it sold on limits, or only on certain days?

If I won't be able to find it in stores, and if anyone has a stash, I could bring Pliny, Blind Pig and maybe some sours with me to trade. Or whatever other west coast beers you may be interested in.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

I may have some interest in this. I'm coming to Houston next weekend for a wedding and I was hoping I could buy 6-12 bottles and check it back home with me. Is it sold on limits, or only on certain days?

If I won't be able to find it in stores, and if anyone has a stash, I could bring Pliny, Blind Pig and maybe some sours with me to trade. Or whatever other west coast beers you may be interested in.

Check your pm.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
I don't remember seeing this posted, but it makes me want to quit chasing beers.

The whole thing is about Matt Chow. Has to be, right?
jh0400
AG
I don't think Chow could mule 81 bottles of Atrial.
maca1028
I wouldn't doubt if he has close to that much in his cellar.
maca1028
Any Houston folks heading up to CS anytime soon? I have a couple of bottles I need to send up to la fours
Hugo Stiglitzz
quote:

Interesting read. Thanks for posting.
Scriffer
AG
Just found out our new SVP of IT has a family cabin 15 minutes from Bend, OR.
dave99ag
AG
Maca, what part of town are you in? I'm fairly certain I'll be in the Woodlands tomorrow to run some errands.
dave99ag
AG
dp
dave99ag
AG
rare tp
localag242
I missed Apple Brandy Noir in College Station any word on if there will be more available?
maca1028
I'm out in the sticks near Baytown. Are you planning on heading to college station?
dave99ag
AG
I live in CS, but we frequent the Woodlands and will be in town tomorrow.
Jock 07
AG
What was the name of that beer bar in the Dillion frisco area?
First Page Last Page
Page 645 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.