Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,813 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by maca1028
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Went to Hair of the Dog for lunch. Did not order the Dave.

P!ssy
DallasAggie2012
AG
I figured so! Let me clarify; I would like to see a picture of everything that was in the boxes.haha Part of me was hoping that you packed some epic single box of 64 bottles though.
CollinAB
AG
I liked the Funky Gold Amarillo a lot more than the Funky Gold Mosaic they did a few months back. I've been enjoying the Lagunitas Sucks 32 oz. at a time as much as possible lately. I'm sure the last page (and probably this one) will pretty easily put that to shame, though.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Do you guys order those boxes or are they trades? I need to get some of that stuff.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
In San Diego again for work. Just ordered a Supplication at the bar of some random place. Cali is the ****.
Jegan14
AG
I went to HEB expecting to get Firestone Walker 18th Anniversary but ended up leaving with the 17th. Apparently they got the 18th but with the wrong UPC or something so they couldn't sell it. Then the next day the distributor gave them 17th. I'm not complaining!
Bmac04
AG

This was very solid. Tons of apple brandy flavor but just a little thin for me.
turfman80
AG
Everyone else landing West Ashleys....

turfman80
AG
the dreaded DP
Kyle98
AG
quote:
I liked the Funky Gold Amarillo a lot more than the Funky Gold Mosaic they did a few months back. I've been enjoying the Lagunitas Sucks 32 oz. at a time as much as possible lately. I'm sure the last page (and probably this one) will pretty easily put that to shame, though.
I was the opposite. While I enjoyed both, I liked the Mosaic a lot more than the Amarillo.
maca1028
Yea, I like this one
Sooner Born
New Glarus is a great brewery. I wish they would distribute outside of Wisconsin.
turfman80
AG
Evidently a World Of Beer franchise will be opening at Northpointe Crossing at University and Texas in CS. Anyone familiar with this outlet and if it will offer something other than what is available via Obannon's, Harvey's, Carney's, etc?
Jock 07
AG
Boulevard BBQ for me tonight
army01
AG
quote:
Everytime I do one of the smokestack limited beers, I end up with a headache and the beer ****s the next day. Doesn't stop me from drinking them, just reminds me the next day why I should share them next time.
62strat
AG
quote:
Evidently a World Of Beer franchise will be opening at Northpointe Crossing at University and Texas in CS. Anyone familiar with this outlet and if it will offer something other than what is available via Obannon's, Harvey's, Carney's, etc?
download the app. If I recall, it has the tap list at every location. You can browse a few to get an idea of what they might have. Of course it will vary by location as they could be local heavy.
dave99ag
AG
I looked at the tap list for WoB in Katy. It's pretty good and will be a decent alternative to other locations in town. I was impressed they had a Wicked Weed double IPA on tap and that's definitely never made it to CS. Competition is good for B/CS and WoB should make all the establishment up their beer game. Now if only there'd be something on the south side of town.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
Everytime I do one of the smokestack limited beers, I end up with a headache and the beer ****s the next day. Doesn't stop me from drinking them, just reminds me the next day why I should share them next time.
Interesting, I'm fine this morning. Although last time I drank one it was with some other stuff and I was struggling the next day.
jah003
S
quote:
I went to HEB expecting to get Firestone Walker 18th Anniversary but ended up leaving with the 17th. Apparently they got the 18th but with the wrong UPC or something so they couldn't sell it. Then the next day the distributor gave them 17th. I'm not complaining!
Schwat...? So... thats means 17th is just hanging out in a warehouse somewhere...? Texas is weird.
La Fours
AG
The biggest problem is the local distributors. Not the bars and stores. Boulevard being a big one. Brazos county only gets double wide, unfiltered wheat and tank 7. Nothing else. Or bcbs. We only got a couple of kegs for the county. No package.

Hilliard, Ben E Keith, Kristen, et al, do a craptastic job. I've had thoughts of opening a bottle shop, growler fill, home brew shop here in town. But because of stupid distributors and the laws of the state, can't do anything about it.

But I hope WoB does well and helps to bring change and improvement to the local beer scene.
E King Trill
AG
Runoff Red IPA by Odell is the first Super Bowl beer for me
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Alpine Nelson before the game.
BSD
AG
Nice, Ninja. Have you made it to Societe yet? If not, please do so and bring me back a growler of IPA. TIA.
SecoKid
AG
Opening a Darkness for the game tonight!
krazyninja
AG
I didn't see any Firestone Walker anniversarys at HEB in college station but I picked up an Outer Darkness to drink before the game and I recommend it to all you RIS fans.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Starting off with a Grapefruit Sculpin. This is phenomenal. I should have gone ahead and gotten a sixer instead of a couple singles. Ah well. Guess I know for next time.
jetch17
AG
My old lady got me a growler fill of fresh yellow rose for the super bowl while out today ... I like how she'll just carry the BMF around for me on errands

CollinAB
AG
Having my bottle of World's Worst Twin tonight. Then probably gonna hop over to some Sculpin.
La Fours
AG
I'm a big fan of outer darkness.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Funky Gold Amarillo to start and Adelberts Tripel Treat to follow!

The Funky Gold Amarillo is pretty solid. Nothing spectacular, but just a very good beer.
Out in Left Field
AG
Budweiser taking shots at craft brew drinkers.
Jock 07
AG
Anyone else see the populist Budweiser spot that just ran? Quite funny considering they're buying up microbreweries like goose island.
BSD
AG
quote:
Budweiser taking shots at craft brew drinkers.

Didn't see it but I'd imagine that would be like me saying, compared to me, Brad Pitt can't get a piece of ***** to save his life.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That commercial was special.
maca1028
14 abyss for tonight...f*** Budweiser!
First Page Last Page
Page 614 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.