Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,997 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by maca1028
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Missed out on parabola in the bottle, but found it on draft. Holy hell that's a good RIS.

It was consumed with a burger with havarti, bacon, jalapeƱos and peanut butter. Amazing.

Also had a soured jewbelation and a crooked stave bretta spring.

Man I love love Fort Collins. There's just damn good beer everywhere.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 4/14/2014 9:44p).]
NColoradoAG
The bottle of Parabola I had last night was a mess. I hope time brings it together.
defroach
I did a little beer buying/trading over the last two weeks. I felt it was time to empty out some Prairie and JKs from my cellar on trades.

I do not care if the picture is large.

cpscAG06
AG
quote:
What'd you think? Drinking one right now and I think I'd put it on the same level as Bomb! for me. Tons of chocolate, nice spice on the back end.. Big fan.

Agreed, big beer. Lots of chocolate, choc/coffee nose and the spice heat brings it in. Very similar to Bomb. I highly recommend this
La Fours
AG
Nice haul defroach.
Bmac04
AG
Very nice haul
BSD
AG
****ing A. Nice haul. When I was up in Chicago for DLD, my goal was to find a bar with multiple Pipeworks offerings. But after BigAg95 and I ended up finding the BCBS variants on tap and I almost passed out at Kumas for my late night snack, I was too hungover the next day to drink at lunch and then it was off to some other beer tastings. Long story short, I never got that Pipeworks day drinking in so I'm jealous of your haul.
NColoradoAG
I hope the peruvian mornings were extras, but then again it's kind of a dick-move extra. I've had exactly one good bottle out of about 6 over the past 3 years. That beer is delicious when not riddled with brett and acetobacter.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 4/15/2014 10:34a).]
cc10106
ENCENDIA!

Looking forward to a Memorial Day weekend visit to JK.
La Fours
AG
cc - I came over here to post just that. JK sent out the email blast about Encendia. Sounds interesting and I hope to try a bottle.
AggieOO
That or actually looks interesting but I likely want be around that weekend.
The Beer and I
That place is gonna be a mad house that weekend. I might make it Saturday, but I'll make sure to be there at noon to beat the rush.
maca1028
Sure would love it if someone could pickmeoneupbro
cc10106
Atleast there should be plenty to go around.

La Fours, are you still ISO RU55 and BR? I plan on stopping by D&Q today or tomorrow.
maca1028
I'd go by DQ today cc, they still had Bible Belt at lunch
cc10106
Good to know, maca. I assumed they were sold out already.
maca1028
If they are, check whole foods Kirby, they didn't have any at the time, but were expecting it this afternoon
La Fours
AG
cc - I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to have to hold of on beer purchases for a little bit. I just shipped a box to CA, and I'm about to ship another box to NJ.
NColoradoAG
quote:
cc - I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to have to hold of on beer purchases for a little bit. I just shipped a box to CA, and I'm about to ship another box to NJ.

Adds up fast, doesn't it? Trading isn't a cheap hobby. Just sent a box to CA, MI, and got one headed to Turfman tomorrow.
AggieOO
and for those of us in texas, the window for trading is closing b/c its about to get too hot.

UPS lost a box of JK i sent to cali, so that's been fun.

on the bright side, i have a metric ****load of New Glarus on its way.

[This message has been edited by AggieOO (edited 4/15/2014 3:21p).]
La Fours
AG
Yeah, I'm trying to squeeze in one more trade here soon. When I posted my one and only ISO:FT, someone keyed in on my BB6. So I'm hoping to flip it and some pumpkinator for something. Not sure what though.
La Fours
AG
Oh, and ouch Aggie00. That sucks. What is the protocol here? Does UPS show it delivered and the recipient didn't actually get it? Or does it show still undelivered?
AggieOO
it shows that a label was created but it was never scanned. UPS and the shipping facility are both currently "agruing" over who has it and who's fault it is.
maca1028
How does huna age? I traded for a 2013 and I'm being told I got ripped off
Ranger222
AG
quote:

I've always been under the impression that CCB stouts are meant to be enjoyed fresh and not aged. I'd imagine that the spice fades over time. But who knows, everyone has their preferences
jah003
S
And... my CA trade partner comes through yet again (I got tired of waiting for Parabola):

Thanks Adam for taking one in the name of science the other night. All Parabola's will be headed for the cellar. Bible Belt and Curmudgeon weren't a part of the trade, just picked them up at HEB today.
NColoradoAG
Sanctification is so good. I hope it comes around here soon.
CollinAB
AG
Picked up some Bible Belt from the Spec's here in College Station. They had five bottles on the shelf, limit one per customer. Looking forward to breaking into that sometime this weekend.
La Fours
AG
Crap, I forgot to go by there. I hope the HEB's get some this week, or I am SOL.
Green Fairy
AG
Didn't see Bible Belt at D&Q around 7:30 tonight, but I also forgot to ask. He normally has all his stuff set out so I'm guessing it's gone. Did score a boxers revenge and Ru-55 so that was a plus.
Hub05
AG
Maca, I don't know what you traded for the Huna, but its not a like getting an old IPA. CCB staff says you should drink their beer fresh, but a lot of guys in the South Atlantic forum say Huna is best after ~9 months so that some of the Vanilla and Cinnamon fade. Personally I thought the '14 had too much vanilla this year.

We did a vertical not to long ago and the it was clear that the vintages in order were '11> '13> '12> '10
La Fours
AG

Grabbed a 4 pack of this today. Pretty good.
cc10106
If any Houstonians are looking for Bodacious, the new Kroger Marketplace in Spring has a bunch. They also had a couple bottles of Clown Lounge left, or atleast they did after i grabbed a couple.

[This message has been edited by cc10106 (edited 4/16/2014 12:40a).]
NColoradoAG
quote:

Were you at the Mississippi State bottle share? We opened a 2013 huna there that would have had 9 months on it. It was pretty tasty. I bet it's still damn good.
maca1028
No, I missed that one. Either way I'll find out this weekend.
First Page Last Page
Page 430 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.