Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,358 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by steve00
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had the Karbach Pontificator on Thursday. 'twas good
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Weiss versa. Very good. My wife's favorite. Had the lager, the pontificator, the dipa and the weiss. All very good.

Drinking the WTF by Laginitas at the Petrol Station now.

[This message has been edited by Mbole11 (edited 2/25/2012 4:01p).]
jetch17
AG
Petrol has the RRBC/Avery collaboration not litigation (salvation blend) on tap today
BSD
AG
Saw that as well. No babysitter.
bonfirewillburn
AG
Enjoying some craft swedish beer tonight, had a winter celebratory spiced dark ale, absolutely fascinating. Will post pic later this week. Luckily I have a Swed to translate!!

S
Having a youngs double chocolate stout tonight. My HEB's got them for 2 buck or so... Needless to say, I am stocked up.
aggiespartan
AG
got some strongbow for tonight....I was feeling a little cidery
Marooned_n_Aggieland
It's BEER TIME!

Grilled a Lake Victoria (Africa dewsh, not Texas) perch for dinner and it was wonderfully moist, tender and tasty. Now I'm putting my Bigfoot down, well down after pouring it into the Winter Warmer glass.

So far so good. The nose is much like an IPA which concerned me greatly. The tongue says otherwise. So far so good on this one. I picked up a single at HEB deciding that a taster is better than a $13 sixer FAIL.

The head really sticks to my tall glass and the taste is less hoppy than I was fearing. There's something on the tongue at the end but I'm not getting it yet. Not harshly bitter but very lingering.

Deep copper color and you see that voluminous head. I did a very vigorous pour and the beer responded. Not a session beer but you would expect that from a barleywine. It's a nice alternative to the Brooklyn stuff I showed previously.
BSD
AG
I had this Sierra Nevada a few months ago and really enjoyed it so I was pumped to see it at D&Q not long ago. Having this and a Pliny tonight and then crashing early.. Unless Jetch kicks everyone out of his house and heads up to Petrol with me.

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 2/25/2012 8:19p).]
wasabi1787
AG

OH MY GOD AMAZING.
BSD
AG
As promised:

bonfirewillburn
AG
I hate you.......

Do want

AG
Had a Rogue Voodoo tonight....not a fan.
addickstrapper
AG
Rocky mountain coolaid aka coors light
DonaldFDraper
AG
I'm thinking we need to organize a TexAgs - Beer Thread - Beer Swap... Cigar Thread guys have done passes with great success.

Any one interested? 6 pack of various beers?
hbc07
AG
The outdoor board had one a few months back with varying amounts of success. i'm not opposed to another one.

on that note, i'm having some kona koko brown tonight. whoa coconut.
713nervy
AG
quote:
I'm thinking we need to organize a TexAgs - Beer Thread - Beer Swap... Cigar Thread guys have done passes with great success.

Any one interested? 6 pack of various beers?

The problem with this is that we are all in the same part of the country with only a few exceptions.
cpscAG06
AG
has anyone tried the brewdog/stone collaboration called Bashah? A belguin style double IPA. it is absolutely delicious.
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
has anyone tried the brewdog/stone collaboration called Bashah? A belguin style double IPA. it is absolutely delicious.

Almost grabbed one yesterday....guess I'll have to give it a whirl.
True Anomaly
AG
Had this last night with a chicken dish covered with a lemon cream sauce and side salad- was an absolutely perfect pairing for a dish like that. Partial wheat, partial barley brew, has the odor and flavor of apple and pear.

Nice to know Italy does beer OTHER than Peroni

"Ya gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin's a PAIN IN THE ASS!" -Frank Sinatra
NColoradoAG
Went down the front range yesterday for some golf and Younger. Started with golf, followed that up with a pint of Elder and then our pours of Younger at Oskar Blues Liquids and Solids.

Stayed and watched some basketball and had some flights

Started with:

La Citrueille Celeste de Citricado - Stone/Elysian/Bruery Colab
Milk Stout - Lefthand
Velvet Merkin (love this beer name, btw) - Firestone Walker
Palo Santo Marron - Dogfish Head
Serpents Stout - Lost Abbey

Really enjoyed the Serpents Stout. But the Velvet Merkin, oh my, absolutely wonderful. The Citricado is a pumpkin beer. It was pretty meh. I have always seen Palo Santo Marron on the shelves, but never pulled the trigger. It's a really big beer. I couldn't drink more than one bottle a night.

Followed that up with a flight of:

Harvest Dance Wheat Wine - Boulevard
Roselle Hibiscus Saison - Funkwerks
Aurora Belgium Golden Ale - Funkwerks
Imperial Farmhouse Saison - Strange
Doublejack DIPA- Firestone Walker

Had to throw the Doublejack on there to compare against drafts of Elder. Both are excellent. The others were decent to good. The imperial Saison was my favorite.

I went back for another flight of the four best plus a Deviant Dales IPA. The velvet merkin was the best of the night.

About 7pm rolled around and the Younger still had a few pours left. We were blessed and received another pour.

Had a long discussion with the Liquids and Solids manager, Nate, about the younger. We decided that while the beer is very good, it isn't any better than several other DIPAs. The thing that makes it so exciting is that its short lived. I think it makes for a great excuse to go out and drink a bunch of different beer. Already looking forward to it coming around again next year.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG54 (edited 2/26/2012 1:31p).]
BSD
AG
Glad you got some Younger. How was the Doublejack? I have 2 in my fridge. If I can source a few more DIPAs, I might host a DIPA tasting at my house. If only I could find Heady Topper and Dreadnaught...
Jock 07
AG
A little Steam for a Sunday afternoon; I like the stuff but just think it's a little overpriced for what it is.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
Petrol has the RRBC/Avery collaboration not litigation (salvation blend) on tap today

Yep! Great Belgian Dark.

Also tried the Clown Shoes Eagle Claw Fist. It was okay. What is up with Clown Shoes? Seems like they all the sudden popped up all over the place.
Jock 07
AG
Roomate brought this back from Minneapolis tonight for me; Lookin forward to getting into this. 30 bucks of beer right here but from what I've read about Hopslam it's worth it and I know for damn sure the abrasive is worth it.

NColoradoAG
LOL, jock. Just put in an order with a buddy up in MN. Both of those beers were on the order.
BSD
AG
I have 3 Hopslams left. Wish I had more!!! I would love to find some Abrasive. Does anyone know if you can find that in Chicago?
62strat
AG
quote:
What is up with Clown Shoes? Seems like they all the sudden popped up all over the place.
relatively new brewery.. good beers = good sales. Apparently texas is eating it up.

http://www.clownshoesbeer.com/blog/state-of-the-shoenion-seven/
BSD
AG
Houston peeps, Hay Merchant will have St Arnold Endeavour pints for $3 and $10 growler fills until 8pm tomorrow to celebrate the release.
jetch17
AG
Hopslammin' it tonight ... Freaking delicious

BSD
AG
For the 1500th post on this thread: Would you say that you'd stick your dick in it, sir?
jetch17
AG
1501!

*shakes off hog*

[This message has been edited by jetch17 (edited 2/28/2012 7:56p).]
jetch17
AG
following up with the Founders Double Trouble DIPA

Jock 07
AG
Broke into the Abrasive tonight; simply amazing. Smells and tastes like East Texas

NColoradoAG
Jetch and Jock throwing DIPA body blows tonight!

How did y'all come about those great lakes brews?
First Page Last Page
Page 43 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.