Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,506 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by steve00
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have definately heard the coffee is boneriffic to the vanilla
CollinAB
AG
You heard correctly.
gordo97
AG
I heard vanilla is tha killa out of the 2 noirs
txaggie05
AG
Today's acquisitions:

[This message has been edited by txaggie05 (edited 2/23/2014 6:10a).]
BSD
AG
Have you hit up the bottle barn in Santa Rosa? They sell styrofoam shippers too. I'd do that after RRBC though since you may load up there and not have enough room.
txaggie05
AG
Have not, but I just started thinking about needing to do that. Thanks
cc10106
Drinking some Coffee Noir now, and it's living up to the hype.
army01
AG
Coffee Noir is the tits. Vanilla noir is, too. However, Vanilla would be a set of saggers.
NColoradoAG
Hooray giant imgur photos!
txaggie05
txaggie05
AG
Ok, NColoradoAG and everyone else. I figure some of you already know this, but if you want to post smaller images using imgur, here's how:

Image thumbnails
There are 6 total thumbnails that an image can be resized to. Each one is accessable by appending a single character suffix to the end of the image id, and before the file extension. The thumbnails are:

Thumbnail Suffix Thumbnail Name Thumbnail Size Keeps Image Proportions
s Small Square 90x90 No
b Big Square 160x160 No
t Small Thumbnail 160x160 Yes
m Medium Thumbnail 320x320 Yes
l Large Thumbnail 640x640 Yes
h Huge Thumbnail 1024x1024 Yes

For example, the image located at i.imgur.com/12345.jpg has the Medium Thumbnail located at i.imgur.com/12345m.jpg

http://api.imgur.com/models/image

So...just slap a lowercase L at the end of the file name before the extension when you're linking in your post and there you go! Has to be lowercase, the API is case specific. Death to photobucket!

[This message has been edited by txaggie05 (edited 2/23/2014 7:13a).]
maca1028

[This message has been edited by maca1028 (edited 2/23/2014 8:00a).]
txaggie05
AG
maca, I updated my post. The thumbnail size has to be lowercase
maca1028
quote:
maca, I updated my post. The thumbnail size has to be lowercase

Ha, you saw what I was trying to do there.
maca1028
Got it
Jock 07
AG
That seems like entirely too much work
NColoradoAG
I have to type something? **** that. Way too much work. Photobucket gives me a link with the image tags already included. I'm that kind of lazy.

Photobucket - 1, Imgur - 0

Next!
txaggie05
AG
Imgur gives you the link with tags in it as well. You insert a single character.

This whole debate makes it obvious who usually accesses this thread from a mobile device and who doesn't
maca1028
BCBCS at midtown specs tomorrow, 1 four pack per
NColoradoAG
quote:
Imgur gives you the link with tags in it as well. You insert a single character.

This whole debate makes it obvious who usually accesses this thread from a mobile device and who doesn't

I see your point here. I don't check this thread on mobile very often. I just upload photos using my phone.

I can see how it is annoying to load any thumbnail using photobucket since it takes you to their website. That being said, I'm still not going to switch.
txaggie05
AG
It's all good. Just thought I'd figure that out since you brought it up.

Oh, and I'm having a nice little Sunday

jetch17
BSD
AG
I need a tissue.
NColoradoAG
Bmac04
txaggie05
AG
Welp, I'm holed up in downtown SF the rest of the week, but I had a great 24 hrs up north. Picked up a few bottles of Pliny and Consecration at RRBC. Looking forward to having a chance to celebrate something and bust out the Consecration...that **** was good.

Thanks to BSD for all of the pointers and tips that you gave me and have offered to all of us along the way. Feel like I did today your way...started off w/ a hike at Armstrong Redwoods SNR then went to RRBC and then the Bottle Barn. Looking forward to making this trip again.
The Beer and I
Every time I see that sampler from RRBC, I start checking flight rates. That **** looks awesome!

Finished up my last Pliny tonight, thanks again BSD. Now on to Coffee Noir. There are lots of rumors and complaints I've seen online, but there aren't any quality control issues with my bottle. It's very good, subtle bourbon flavor, lots of coffee.
maca1028
Solid quad
BSD
AG
quote:
Welp, I'm holed up in downtown SF the rest of the week, but I had a great 24 hrs up north. Picked up a few bottles of Pliny and Consecration at RRBC. Looking forward to having a chance to celebrate something and bust out the Consecration...that **** was good.

Thanks to BSD for all of the pointers and tips that you gave me and have offered to all of us along the way. Feel like I did today your way...started off w/ a hike at Armstrong Redwoods SNR then went to RRBC and then the Bottle Barn. Looking forward to making this trip again.

Sounds like a damn good day!

You're in SF all week? Sounds like the fun is just starting. Be sure to hit up all the bars there. Most are a short cab ride from downtown (I think they were short, maybe I was just passes out)

Toronado
City Beer Store
Monks Kettle
Robert C. Christian
AG
Toronado. Bus from downtown drops you off right out front if I remember correctly. Such a great bar.
NColoradoAG
There's also a Mikkeller bar in SF.
BSD
AG
I never made it to Mikkeller, would have loved to have gone, though. There's also Beer Revolution across the bay in Oakland and Drakes Brewing in San Leandro. Also also there is an absinthe distillery in alameda but I can't think of the name. Plus you have several craft breweries in SF itself. Enjoy your time there!!!
txaggie05
AG
Excellent. I'm going to be in rough shape when I get home.
BSD
AG
That's a small price to pay for glory!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Testing....

[This message has been edited by Mbole11 (edited 2/24/2014 11:26a).]
First Page Last Page
Page 392 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.