Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,790 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Jock 07
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
Jock, it's another really good beer from JK.

That it is... probably #2 or #3 on my Jester King list depending on the day. My first JK beer ever, though, so I have a little bit of a soft spot for it.
Hub05
AG
Lol at you Texas folks. I think I will have a 2012 BCBCS to celebrate my haul of 2013 BCBCS and BW. My ultimate goal is to bring the art of "MattChowing" to the state of FL
BSD
AG
Tine folk, don't limit yourself to the downtown Specs on this hunt. I have it on good authority that other Specs will be getting it in as well for Friday's release. Think West U area...
BSD
AG
and someone needs to go kick Hub in the nuts.
La Fours
AG
Anyone in the Tine want to grab me a bottle of BCBCS and BCBS? Doesn't look like BCS is getting any.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Tine folk, don't limit yourself to the downtown Specs on this hunt. I have it on good authority that other Specs will be getting it in as well for Friday's release. Think West U area...

Weslayan and Bissonett is usually a day late on Monday releases. I have no idea if that will hold for Friday.
BSD
AG
I'll confirm it 100% and get back to you, but I am pretty sure they will have it Friday at the open.

Ags #1
AG
Thanks for the info BSD. You are a gentleman and a scholar
Hub05
AG
Unfortunately, our local bottle shop is limiting Coffee and BW purchases to 2 bottles a person. How bad will one week overdue pregnant wife and I be judged if she buys her limit?
maca1028
Missing out on bcbs due to work!!!
aggiejz
AG
I'll be in STL on Friday when BCBS hits. I knew I would be sacrificing that if I made this trip, but didn't really hesitate. If a certain other Specs gets it though that's close to my parents place so I may send them out to grab some. Appreciate the info, BSD!
jah003
S
Looks like I'll be in CS this Friday... If I was in Austin I might go out and brave the hoards of neck beards...

So... If anyone wants to pick me up some BCBS or any of that vintage Abyss that the Htown Specs tweeted out... I will gladly pay you (plus a handling charge) and you will officially become my best friend.
wessimo
AG
I'll be on the north shore in Louisiana. Anybody know where I might find some?
La Fours
AG
Here's what I'm drinking tonight.

A little sweet. But damn this is good.

This my last teaming bottle I acquired from BSD. Thank you sir for this awesome beer and the other awesomeness you bestowed upon me.

[This message has been edited by la fours (edited 11/26/2013 8:02p).]
MW03
AG
Total wine in dallas had a great selection of stuff today. Singles of dogfish 120. Bombers of bourbon barrel quad. A cache of Pumkings. Sam Adams Merry Maker gingerbread stout.
Scriffer
AG
I was just over that way and decided to skip it. May have to head that way in the morning.
BSD
AG
quote:
Here's what I'm drinking tonight.

A little sweet. But damn this is good.

Metal as f*ck.
Bmac04
maca1028
Had a BP sea monster, prairie standard, and abbaye de saint bon-chiene at a nice little place in clear lake area
CollinAB
AG
Enjoying some Breakfast Stouts tonight.
WorkBoots09
AG
Had a Founder's Porter & Wasatch Polygamy Porter last night. Founder's is just impressing the hell out of me at every opportunity. I also picked up a Rogness Holiday that I will open tomorrow for my thanksbrewing festivities.
jh0400
AG
Med Center Specs (Holcombe) has three cases of 007 left.
BSD
AG
Specs at Bissonnett didn't get the BCBS shipment in yesterday. I'll update when I find out more.
La Fours
AG
Austin folks, 512 released their 5th Anniversary Imperial Stout Yesterday. Only 2500~ bottles produced. Growler Room and Whip In got some. Just not sure if they still have any.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
Austin folks, 512 released their 5th Anniversary Imperial Stout Yesterday. Only 2500~ bottles produced. Growler Room and Whip In got some. Just not sure if they still have any.

Common Table had it on draft last night. Very good.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Specs at Bissonnett didn't get the BCBS shipment in yesterday. I'll update when I find out more.

Thanks for the update. This is my go-to since I live nearby. Yesterday they had a lot of 007 and a few bottles of Black Butte XXV. Was really hoping they'd get BCBS.
gordo97
AG
I've seen 007 in a few different krogers on the west side of h-town.... looks like there is plenty available this time around
maca1028
Just got home from med center area, and **** that, unless bcbs shows up on my side if town, y'all are just gonna have to tell me how it is.
army01
AG
I think you'll be able to get some next week...just me though.
Hub05
AG
Any chance College Station has 007 left? I might have my sister go pick me up a couple bottles for the holidays
MW03
AG
Good old fashioned Guinness. Still hard to beat.
The Beer and I
Splitting a bottle of Brooklyn Sorachi Ace with the wife while doing some prep for tomorrow. Pretty good stuff if you're into saisons.
turfman80
AG
Dug into the cellar to find a brew to enjoy while prepping food for tomorrow.

Collin, I've got another '10 with your name on it if you want. Let me know how to get in touch with you.

[This message has been edited by turfman80 (edited 11/27/2013 7:29p).]
TxKng82
AG
quote:
Splitting a bottle of Brooklyn Sorachi Ace with the wife while doing some prep for tomorrow. Pretty good stuff if you're into saisons.

Not a big Saison fan but I've never picked this one up because I always see sorachi and think sriracha(sp?) hot sauce.
CollinAB
AG
Turfman, you can email me at cabohne14 at gmail dot com.
First Page Last Page
Page 325 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.