Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,630,809 Views | 62598 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by txag2008
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy guy! We're doing a beer swap on the outdoors board and it was suggested that I invite y'all over. Pretty much the idea is to match Texas guys up with people from other parts of the country to trade beers. If any of y'all are interested, here's the thread:

http://mobile.texags.com/Forums/34/Topics/2400552
MW03
AG
quote:
Where'd you get that? I've had then New World, 13th Hour, and Stoney Brook Red and liked all of those. Still need to find the Tetravis and American Kriek from that series.

Lonestar Beverages in North Dallas/Carrolton
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
I've heard great things about the new No Label beer - its a BBA Scotch Ale called Perpetual Peace.

Had it the other day. One of the best beers released from Houston this year. I liked it better than BB5.
NColoradoAG
I have about 40 cups left from the Auburn share. I think I've put out 150 for each share so we'll probably need some more.

I can probably get some when we visit specs, or someone else can grab em. Just make sure they're the small clear plastic ones.
aggiejz
AG
quote:
Had it the other day. One of the best beers released from Houston this year. I liked it better than BB5.

Obviously behind Yellow Rose (assuming Magnolia = Houston)...

But seriously, yeah, I've heard people say exactly that, too. Since someone is bringing BB5 to the share I'm thinking I'll go with the growler of the Perpetual Peace.
defroach
Is anyone here going to the Brewvolution beer festival in Dallas this weekend? Thinking about driving up from Austin to try some DFW beer....
BSD
AG
P-wonk,

Will y'all have some fire out there if I bring meat that needs to be warmed up?
NColoradoAG
Anyone got a breakfast stout spot? Looking for 2 four packs. Struck out at the specs on texas.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 11/8/2013 2:49p).]
pathag1
AG
The HEB tower point had some last Wednesday. I would imagine the HEB near Spec's would also have some.
NColoradoAG
Cups are taken care of. Also found FBS at the HEB out off finch (At least I think thats where I am)
jah003
S
Anyone at the bottle share want/need some ABW Heavy Machinery? I'm bringing the Belgian IPA and Wet Hop to the bottle share, but could probably snag another 4 pack of the Belgian if anyone is interested.
p-wonk01
AG
Bmac and I are looking forward to seeing all you guys out there at the bottle share 8:30ish until...? We will be set up next to our normal tailgate. The map to where we are is a few pages back to those newcomers.

I don't mean to be rude or an ungracious host to any of you guys, but the tailgate is put on by my parents and some of their friends. This is their big season end gumbo tailgate which was purchased before the bottle share idea. As such, I can't ask them to share to those not planned for. Now if they end up having extra then it's on, but doubtful. Next time we host I'll add you all to the head count and we will be good. Sorry. You are welcome to bring anything you want though. I think there should be snacks.

BSD...I think my father will be grilling shrimp out there so there may be some space after, but I don't know his timing. Sorry- I've been out of state all week for business and not in on all the planning as usual

NColorado...I see you got some cups so I'll mark it off the list, thanks! Do we need nametags?

I'll bring some water for everyone.

I believe John from New Republic will be joining us and bringing some Astrolabe and the sweet potato porter (good!). We will have a few kegs as well of his other stuff.

[This message has been edited by p-wonk01 (edited 11/8/2013 4:33p).]
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Odell hitting Texas in March.
NColoradoAG
Got name tags too.

Pwonk, I don't think anyone will be offended. I apologize for the late notice on not being able to host. I waffled back and forth about coming due to a Crooked Stave event, but decided I didn't want to miss, more than likely, JFFs last game. Then I decided to bring my daughter too so I didn't want to have to play host to you loveable hooligans.

Thanks a ton for hosting. See you all in the morning.
aggiejz
AG
Pwonk, no worries at all! Really appreciate you hosting. See y'all in the morning! Looking forward to it.
EaglePassAg08
AG
Look what just arrived!

I'm excited!

Jock 07
AG
At the airport now with a couple cans of jai alai. Lookin forward to it in the morning.
Eagle, I'm pretty sure abrasive is either out or fixin to be released if you have easy access to Surly.
NColoradoAG
Darkness is coming!

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 11/8/2013 5:12p).]
turfman80
AG
I'll be bringing some chips and dip, and hope to make a bunch of breakfast burritos in the morning before heading out. If there's a spot on the grill we can set an aluminum foil pan to reheat them when the munchies hit late morning, that would be great.
BSD
AG
Pwonk, I'm bringing enough food for about 8 people so we'll be good. I'll grab plates and plastic ware at the store tonight, too. All I need is some fire to warm a few things up. Thanks for allowing us to hang out!
BSD
AG
Speaking of Darkness, look at what I got today.

Jock 07
AG
When did RRBC start bottling in bombers?
BSD
AG
That is a batch 3. I'm not sure if they did them for 4 or 5.
CollinAB
AG
Sounds good everybody. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow morning and hanging out. Thanks for hosting, too, p-wonk.
NColoradoAG
Beat 4 & 5 are in 375's. BSD I pray to the beer gods that beat 3 is coming tomorrow. Ill hold your Crooked Stave ransom. Kidding. Maybe...
p-wonk01
AG
How the heck did you guys get Darkness? My old brewing buddy is now up in MN and has been looking for us everywhere. No luck so far.

On my trip to DC/VA this week I picked up a Dark Hollow from Blue Mountain Barrel House that I plan to bring tomorrow morning. I could bring a Hop Karma from Terrapin also if interested. I love that beer.

aggiejz
AG
Welp, so much for the new No Label one. The growler place just blew their keg when I got there. So.. I'm working on a replacement cuz I wasn't a fan of anything else they had here.
The Beer and I
Finally got a chance to have some Merica from Prairie Ales, really good stuff.
aggiejz
AG
Looks like I'll be bringing some Lone Pint along with my other 2 bottles. Have growlers of Yellow Rose and their new SMaSH called Brewmaster Degen. Happy to share as much as y'all want of 'em.
BSD
AG
quote:
Beat 4 & 5 are in 375's. BSD I pray to the beer gods that beat 3 is coming tomorrow. Ill hold your Crooked Stave ransom. Kidding. Maybe...

Unfortunately I won't be bringing it. It's been reserved for another day when I can enjoy a whole glass. But you're welcome to come down on that day!
NColoradoAG
Pwonk, Darkness is a brewery only release. Youve got to attend darkness day to get bottles. Its a damn good imperial stout, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Eagles is a '13 and BSDs is an '11. Ive got '11-13 in the cellar. Its a fun one to age. Its also 10x better than Dark Lord, IMO

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 11/8/2013 7:58p).]
NColoradoAG
quote:
Unfortunately I won't be bringing it. It's been reserved for another day when I can enjoy a whole glass. But you're welcome to come down on that day!

I'll allow that. And I may take you up on that offer because if you'll be drinking full pours that'll be an epic tasting
p-wonk01
AG
I was able to get a Dark Lord/ Darkness collaboration last year at the FFF brewery when in Chicago for work. Sorry...it's gone
turfman80
AG
Sampling a growler of Yellow Rose would make my day!
BSD
AG
quote:
I was able to get a Dark Lord/ Darkness collaboration last year at the FFF brewery when in Chicago for work. Sorry...it's gone

Baller stout?
First Page Last Page
Page 316 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.