Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,645,908 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i've been wasting my time with traditional brewing...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/09/17/223345977/auto-brewery-syndrome-apparently-you-can-make-beer-in-your-gut
army01
AG
quote:
I was really wanting a sour beer so cracked open my last RU-55.

Strong choice
La Fours
AG
quote:
i've been wasting my time with traditional brewing...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/09/17/223345977/auto-brewery-syndrome-apparently-you-can-make-beer-in-your-gut

I just saw that.
maca1028
Finally!!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^Ugh. Missed out, but I got the last bottle of Abacus. But word. FINALLY.
AggieOO
if anyone has a special trick in turning beer bottles into glasses, i'd like to know. i've tried many times, and failed. it doesn't break evenly and i sometimes get vertical breaks.
The Beer and I
Went to the Specs beer class today and it was hosted by Firestone Walker. Here was the menu:
DBA
Pale 31
Union Jack
Double Jack
Wookey Jack
Sucaba
Double DBA
Parabola
16th Anniversary

It was hosted by Jeffers Richardson (their head brewer), talk about a badass experience!
AggieOO
drinking some Oktoberfest, practicing for next week in Germany!
maca1028
quote:
Went to the Specs beer class today and it was hosted by Firestone Walker. Here was the menu:
DBA
Pale 31
Union Jack
Double Jack
Wookey Jack
Sucaba
Double DBA
Parabola
16th Anniversary

It was hosted by Jeffers Richardson (their head brewer), talk about a badass experience!

I went to the one at central market, it was pretty awesome
maca1028
Last night of vacation, having a daisy cutter pale ale
CollinAB
AG
There's more Black Butte XXV at Spec's in College Station as well as a few other Deschutes bombers I hadn't seen before. I picked up their Fresh Squeezed IPA and Sierra Nevada's Flipside.
Plack_Attack
AG

Tried this for the first time last night... Exquisite color and smooth body rounded out by a crisp, hoppy finish.

Ah who am I kidding, it was good beer.
La Fours
AG
Looks like I'll be going by Specs to get a Fresh Squeezed.
La Fours
AG
Plack, Uinta makes good beer.
jah003
S
Man... trying to track down Double DBA in Austin right now is like trying to find a Leprechaun riding a Unicorn. If anyone can get a hold of this and is going to any other home games this year, I'll make it worth your while. (Same goes for Velvet Merkin when it's released)
La Fours
AG
Did you try round rock specs? I know they had some yesterday based on what my friend told me.
jah003
S
quote:
Did you try round rock specs? I know they had some yesterday based on what my friend told me.

Yea, I called today and they were out. Didn't even cross my mind when I was searching yesterday. I'm leaving for CS tomorrow, so I'm hoping some more drops next week sometime and not tomorrow/Saturday.
La Fours
AG
New Republic is having a release party of their sour ale Astrolabe tonight at Harvey Washbangers. Bombers will be released tomorrow. I know Whiskey Charlie's will have them. Not sure where else.

I tasted the immature version at the brewery a couple of months ago and really liked it. Then Pwonk brought two bottles of the finished product to the bottle share. And I thought it was great. I look forward to getting a couple of bottles.
maca1028
I might be a little late here jah, but try calling central market on N. Lamar. Firestone tweeted earlier that they would have some there.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
jah003
posted 6:13p, 09/19/13

Man... trying to track down Double DBA in Austin right now is like trying to find a Leprechaun riding a Unicorn. If anyone can get a hold of this and is going to any other home games this year, I'll make it worth your while. (Same goes for Velvet Merkin when it's released)

It appears that I'll be in Bama for work from end of Oct to just before Christmas. As long as I'm able to get a flight out of Birmingham for the Mississippi state game I'll be there. I'm pretty sure I can find another bottle here for you. Also I may be driving down to Bama if the squadron doesn't pay for a rental car and would be able to stop off on the way over there and drop off a bottle. I'll let you know.

Speaking of which, anything I should check out in or around Montgomery AL? I think they're one of the states with backwards ass liqour laws capping beers at a certain alcohol %
Jock 07
AG
Brought this back with me from Texas. Was thinking it would have settled down by now but still pretty boozy. Again, compliments to Jetch for the glassware.

jah003
S
Thanks for all the help/advice guys. Still on the hunt.

To add a little to the thread (rather than complain about finding beer), JK is at it again... http://jesterkingbrewery.com/blog/
TxKng82
AG
^^^
Love the DR 10...to me it's just gotten better and better. Wish I still has some.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Which one was DR10? The barleywine?
AggieOO
picked up Omegang's game of thrones beer...some stout. no clue if it'll be good...and i don't even watch game of thrones, but figured, what the hell!
Jock 07
AG
Yup the barleywine. More of an American style
Ags #1
AG
Heading to NO this weekend, any beers I should try and pick up that I can't get in Houston?
aggiejz
AG
I don't know a lot about LA beers but I would suggest trying to find some stuff from NOLA Brewing. Hopitoulas and Mechahopzilla are the 2 I know. I actually have some of the Mechahopzilla's in my brother's fridge in CS that I'm going to try when I go up tomorrow.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
New Republic is having a release party of their sour ale Astrolabe tonight at Harvey Washbangers. Bombers will be released tomorrow. I know Whiskey Charlie's will have them. Not sure where else.

I tasted the immature version at the brewery a couple of months ago and really liked it. Then Pwonk brought two bottles of the finished product to the bottle share. And I thought it was great. I look forward to getting a couple of bottles.

Had some at the bottle share as well. I thought it was very good.
Two Down
AG
I have a bunch of the old DR releases sitting in the beer fridge, certainly more than I will likely drink. Would gladly throw a couple someone's way.
TxKng82
AG
quote:
I have a bunch of the old DR releases sitting in the beer fridge, certainly more than I will likely drink. Would gladly throw a couple someone's way.

I'd definitely be interested. Especially if you have some 10 left.
Two Down
AG
Got 10, 11 and 12. 6-8 of ea. I believe.
cpscAG06
AG
two down - where are u located
Two Down
AG
the Tine.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Bunker Hill HEB just said they have Double DBA.
First Page Last Page
Page 290 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.