Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,711,288 Views | 62702 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by steve00
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just because...
jetch17
The Beer and I
World of Beer is pretty cool, blew through some St Bernardus Abt 12, Santa Fe Java Stout, Saison DuPont, Stone Levitation Ale, Real Ale Hans Pils, and finished off with Sixpoint 3Beans. Also blew through about $50, so not exactly cost friendly.
La Fours
AG
Damn you Jetch. I'm jealous of the cascades and the lost abbey. That 005 looks familiar though.
army01
AG
DFH Positive Contact. It's interesting, but not for me.

defroach
for those new on untappd, my username on there is aschwab. I will probably add a couple more users that just posted.
NColoradoAG
I'm FishPondManager on untappd. Feel free to add me.

Jetch, I'm sure your wife loved you last night after all that wild yeast went to work.
NColoradoAG
So, I don't know if y'all have heard, but we have a pretty big football game on September 14th.

I, for one, will be in lot H at about 7am that day. Who else wants to join me for a little AM tailgate bottleshare?
aggiejz
AG
I'd love to stop by. Have a tailgate in Spence I'm usually responsible for but I can probably delegate some of that.
jetch17
AG
quote:

Jetch, I'm sure your wife loved you last night after all that wild yeast went to work.

It was quite a rumbler
La Fours
AG
NColorado - I'm in for it.
jah003
S
quote:
So, I don't know if y'all have heard, but we have a pretty big football game on September 14th.

I, for one, will be in lot H at about 7am that day. Who else wants to join me for a little AM tailgate bottleshare?

What!? Sam Houston right...?

I'd love to swing by and bring some good stuff to share. I say we just continue the bottle share after the game as well... Ok, maybe only if the Ags win.
BSD
AG
quote:

If I can score some tickets, I'm down.
The Beer and I
My buddy has offered me his spare ticket. If his offer still stands in September, I'm down.
jetch17
AG
quote:
quote:

If I can score some tickets, I'm down.

This.
CollinAB
AG
I'm in for that. Not sure what I'll be able to bring, but I'll get something.
jetch17
AG
Ridin dirty tonight

MADDUD
Ellie's Brown Ale
MattJaxson
AG
Just had another RuinTen. Very good, but would still like to get my hands on some Enjoy By.
maca1028
quote:

I'll bring something
NColoradoAG
quote:
I'd love to swing by and bring some good stuff to share. I say we just continue the bottle share after the game as well... Ok, maybe only if the Ags win.

I'm definitely headed back to the house afterwards. I can already imagine how nice a cold beer will taste while floating in the pool after 12 hours of tailgating and football.

Hopefully we'll be celebrating a win.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 7/21/2013 8:49p).]
cr06gis
AG
Ok, this thread is ridiculous. Can any of the Portland folks or seasoned Portland beercationers suggest their favorite 1 day brewery/brewpub crawls?

Gonna be in town in a couple weeks and plan on devoting one day to beer. Staying just across the river from downtown (pretty close to Rose iirc). I prefer walking but dont mind jumping on the lightrail or streetcar.
Thanks!
BSD
AG
When I was in Portland, I only had one real day to hit the beer scene. I did get a chance to visit the Deschutes tasting room downtown one night but was pretty busy with work. on my last full day there, I skipped the morning meetings and went off to see some waterfalls and the Lurch Mountain Lookout. On the way back downtown, I hit Belmont Station to grab a few bottles (to go) and a couple of pints at the bar. Then I went down to Horse Brass for a few pints. That is a pretty legendary bar. After that I hit up Hair of the Dog brewery and then Cascade to taste thru their lineups. Both of those are highly recommended. Then it was off to Green Dragon for a few more pints. It was one of those crazy nights where I unexpectedly ran into an old friend from Dallas and then sucked the teet of a cow statue again. At this point we ditched the car and didn't find it til the next day. And then it was off to Voodoo Doughnuts. Good times...
streetfighter2012
AG
I'm up for a tailgate bottle share.
NColoradoAG
Looks like we've got some serious interest in a little bottle share for Bama. I could hardly get anyone to come by last year! Jock07 was the only one kind enough to grace Lot H.

I would be stoked if we could get a bunch of us there. Don't worry about bringing things that are super special. Just bring things that were hard to get in Texas, or things you may have gotten from out of town. I might have to get one of those fancy 12 bottle wine checks that BSD showed me if we get enough interest.

CAN'T. WAIT. UNTIL. FOOTBALL. SEASON.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 7/22/2013 11:32a).]
aggiejz
AG
Any of you Houston people going to Buffalo Bayou's Christmas in July event? It's this Thursday from 6-9, tickets are $25 through today and go up to $30 after. Apparently the ticket gets you as many beers as you want, and they're going to have their Gingerbread Stout on Nitro. Yum.

Details - http://buffbrewxmasinjuly13-eorg.eventbrite.com/
BSD
AG
quote:
I might have to get one of those fancy 12 bottle wine checks that BSD showed me if we get enough interest

Don't go out and buy one, I'll send one up.
DaveHimself
AG
Zbaldo on Untappd
I just sent invites to everybody that posted usernames on the last few pages
maca1028
Picked up some good ones from BSD today and made a stop by D&Q on my way
maca1028
My untappd user name is the same as my UN on here
jah003
S
Also picked up some stuff from BSD yesterday:

Pretty freakin' excited to try all this stuff.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
dafuq. BSD, how can I be down?
BSD
AG
Dude, you gotta keep up. I posted about the cellar cleaning two weeks ago!
AlaskanAg99
AG
I live in San Diego, the beer scene out here is getting too crazy. 70 active breweries with 12 to 15 opening up per year. Right now there are 30+ in various stages of planning or construction with the big established breweries adding massive (100,000sq ft) expansions.

I head back to Houston 2x a year and the beer scene there is getting much better, but is 10 years behind what we have out here.

Thankfully as the laws in TX change the state will explode as breweries can make more $ in house which will encourage people to enter that industry.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Feels bad man.
First Page Last Page
Page 250 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.