Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,623,284 Views | 62597 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anchor brewing, perhaps?
62strat
AG
anybody had this?

http://www.dogfish.com/community/news/press-releases/dogfish-head-sixty-one-blends-beer-wine-and-brotherhood.htm
The Beer and I
Strat, not yet. How is it?
Professor Frick
AG
You've got Anchor over in the Potrero Hill neighborhood south of downtown, but they are notoriously booked and keep odd hours for tours (I want to say they don't even do tours on the weekend IIRC).

Over in Berkeley there is a Pyramid Brewery that is a nice big sports bar/ brewery that you can take tours of and they have some decent beers (many more than your notsogreat apricot ale). There is also Trumer Brewery in Berkeley, but I've never been over there since I don't really like Trumer that much.

As your heading down to Carmel, I would highly recommend stopping at Half Moon Bay, where there are a couple of decent microbrews/restaurants overlooking the water, and you can get a growler of something tasty filled up to take with you.
Professor Frick
AG
Either way, just about every decent bar up here will have a Russian River brew on tap.
62strat
AG
I haven't had the dfh 61, it was mentioned in an email for a liquor store near me though. I may stop by to pick one up.
BSD
AG
I'm not too familiar with the Carmel/Monterey beer scene since my son is always with me there, but if you have time in the city, Toronado is a great bar for beer lovers. Across the bay, I like Drake's Brewing in San Leandro and Beer Revolution in the land of Bub Rub and Lil Sis.
WorkBoots09
AG
Offer was accepted on the house we want, so here comes 2 months of stress! We celebrated with a run to specs and picked up some Buried Hatchet, Four Squared, Lakewood Temptress, Ballast Point Sea Monster, and a 400 Pound Monkey.

Blew through all but 1 Buried Hatchet, had a temptress, but left the rest for the rib since it's one of her favorites. Someone stuck a rye wheat in with the temptress 4-pack, so I guess I'm going to try that one soon. Saving the Sea Monster for Closing Day, although my BA Old Rasputin will be 7 months old and my DR13 will be 5. Unfortunately that's all I have aging right now. Which should I choose?
The Beer and I
All of them. But if you choose just one, I would recommend the Old Rasputin, unless you are saving it for something more important than closing on your house.
Vernada
AG
It's MAY! IS FOUNDERS IN SPECS YET!?
aggiechris06
AG
Need more Dirty *******!
La Fours
AG
My care package from Oregon arrives today!!!! Cascade Brewing and Ninkasi!!!! Probably the last beer trade I'll do until fall.
jetch17
AG
Looking forward to drinking my way through some new assorted tasties I received today
La Fours
AG
Booyah

wasabi1787
AG
quote:
My care package from Oregon arrives today!!!!

I need some friends on the left coast
jetch17
AG
A Mother Earth brewing out of NC Pinup Pale Ale

The Beer and I
quote:
quote:
My care package from Oregon arrives today!!!!

I need some friends on the left coast

I need some friends.
62strat
AG
quote:
Mother Earth Brewing Pinup Pale Ale

That's a mouthful! I'd like to try and ask for one of those by full name after, oh I don't know about 5 pints.
jah003
S
quote:
It's MAY! IS FOUNDERS IN SPECS YET!?

KBS is hitting Austin the 5th... Rest of it should hit the end of May.
jetch17
AG
Time to try some Nugget Nectar ... Hoppy up front, smooth finish

tfishtex
AG
quote:
anybody had this?

http://www.dogfish.com/community/news/press-releases/dogfish-head-sixty-one-blends-beer-wine-and-brotherhood.htm

Had one last week, tasted pretty good to me, it's interesting drinking a red wine colored beer
62strat
AG
I had a blue moon impulse vintage bomber.. A beer made with cab. sauv. grapes. It looked exactly like a red wine. It was pretty damn good too.
army01
AG

I fall in love with Lagunitas more and more with each beer. Such a solid brewery.
streetfighter2012
AG
I had an undercover tonight as well, another great brew from those guys.
Jock 07
AG
From my first colorado liquor store trip. I really love this stuff. How much are you people payin for this right now cost me 18 bucks last night and don't remember it being that high last time I bought it a couple years ago.

Also saw that musk beer last night as well. Think I might have to give it a shot.
gordo97
AG
I think I paid $15.99 last time I got it down here in h-town
La Fours
AG

Very good. Light but tart and tasty.

Oh and as for Burton Baton it is anywhere from $16-$18 a 4 pack here in CS.
BSD
AG
I hit up Freetail Brewpub last night with some friends. Pretty solid beers all the way around and I thought the Rye Wit was a winner. The food was good too. The waiter was telling me that Ananke goes on sale next Saturday (May 11) at the open. I'll be on a plane at that time so I'm having my SA buddy go grab me some.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Any one had any thing from Prairie Artisan Ales in OK?

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2013/05/awesome-new-brewery-prairie-artisan-ales-oklahoma.html?ref=title
gordo97
AG
I ran across this one at specs on 290 and bought it...... I hope it's not a total disaster like the voodoo doughnut was

BSD
AG
Kill it! Kill it with fire!!!!!
txaggie05
AG
Had an Undercover tonight...spicier version of Sucks.

Just had a Founder's All Day IPA. WOW.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
Just had a Founder's All Day IPA. WOW.

jah003
S
Picked up a Stone (collaboration) Dayman today... It's a coffee IPA. Pretty excited/intrigued to bust it open this Saturday.
NColoradoAG
Dayman is great. Blew me away how well everything worked together
First Page Last Page
Page 207 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.