Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,795 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by maca1028
Green Fairy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Throwing down the gauntlet at The Hay Merchant this afternoon:

Stone Vertical Epic 10.10.10
Deep Ellum Festivus
Karbach wine barrel aged krunkin punkin
jetch17
AG
Nice, I heard thier anny last night was badass
Green Fairy
AG
I can only imagine it was awesome. They still have tons leftover from last night it looks like based on all the great stuff on tap. We've got dinner plans at Uchi. Otherwise I'd stay here and drink till I passed out.
tfishtex
AG
quote:
Be sure to buy the new DFH IPA glass. Enjoy the trip.

Bought 2, saw it online about a week ago
La Fours
AG
Das Uberkind

Damn tasty sour saison.
Green Fairy
AG
Mental note: Beers at Hay Merchant, followed by dinner at Uchi with sake and a bomber of Kirin Ichiban is apparently my wife's way of hood-winking me into spending a ga-gillion dollars at Pottery Barn later in the evening. Damn she's a crafty one. Well played...<slow clap> ...well played.

[This message has been edited by Green Fairy (edited 2/16/2013 10:19p).]
hbc07
AG
meant to have one of my beers i had been sitting on tonight... but i wasn't expecting to have my table moved inside and ready to go today.

10'x4' table i built over the last two months, i'll have something good with it tomorrow.
jkn09
AG
Nicely done on the table hbc07!

How's that Rogue? I'm kinda on a rye kick right now.
BQ08
AG
Just got a bottle of Old Rasputin XV... Anyone have it yet? How does it compare to Bishop's Barrel 1?
62strat
AG
To those that had shipped beers, what kind of packaging/wrapping/filler did you use?
txag2008
AG
quote:
10'x4' table i built over the last two months, i'll have something good with it tomorrow.

Looks great, well done. Have any more details about it? Plans used?
BSD
AG
quote:
To those that had shipped beers, what kind of packaging/wrapping/filler did you use?

I ship in boxed up styrofoam wine shippers. It's bulky but it gets the job done. I've received beer bubble wrapped and packed in peanuts and that has worked well.
BSD
AG
Nice work, HBC!
hbc07
AG
quote:
How's that Rogue? I'm kinda on a rye kick right now.
i liked it. It was a little peppery. right now i can't remember more than that.

quote:
Looks great, well done. Have any more details about it? Plans used?
plans are in my head. all red oak, mahogany oil stain. top is 5/4 random widths; bought a solid 1910's stanley plane to smooth it out. apron is 3/4x2.5. bottom support braces are 1.5x2.5. legs are 3x3x29.

the base is around 3.5'x7.5'. i'll post better pics on the home imporvement board and link to that eventually. planning on making a bench for seating for at least one side. this was my first big project, so even though it's not perfect, i'm happy with it. normal seating it can fit 10, squeezed in with benches and a cozy environment i htink 14 is doable.

Tonights fancy table (you can see the table in the background) beer: Ninkasi Critical Hit Barleywine 2010. Bot\tle 2972/5000 Boozy deliciousness.

[This message has been edited by hbc07 (edited 2/17/2013 11:48p).]
La Fours
AG
Awesome table HBC.

Effing delicious. Holy crap.
K Bo
AG
quote:

Mental note: Beers at Hay Merchant, followed by dinner at Uchi with sake and a bomber of Kirin Ichiban is apparently my wife's way of hood-winking me into spending a ga-gillion dollars at Pottery Barn later in the evening. Damn she's a crafty one. Well played...<slow clap> ...well played.

I likely would have spent my time at Pottery Barn on the floor after a HM/Uchi combo.
62strat
AG
quote:
i'm happy with it. normal seating it can fit 10, squeezed in with benches and a cozy environment i htink 14 is doable.

Damn 14? I saw a big table the other day, 120", and it was just 5 per side, 2 on the ends.
How long is that table?
NColoradoAG
Strat, you shipping out some Odell's? I'm about to pack up a box. I'll take some pics I can post if you haven't already packed it up. I've probably sent 50+packages of beer. Bottle shippers are best, but they aren't all that easy to find. Although, I did see a guy on beeradvocate from Castle Rock that was giving some away.
jetch17
AG
BRC tapping these ho's tomorrow

BQ08
AG
St A's Bishops Barrel #2 out today... Will try on Wednesday.
jkn09
AG
Headed to NOLA for a couple days this week for work. Won't have much free time, but are there any beers to look out for there? I can get Abita anywhere in DFW, so I'm really asking if there's anything besides Abita that's worth seeking out.

Gracias

edited for grammar issues

[This message has been edited by jkn09 (edited 2/18/2013 9:08p).]
BSD
AG
quote:

I drive by BRC every morning so this hurts my soul.
jetch17
AG
Stop in for a morning growler & biscuits, yo
jah003
S
quote:

HOLY CARP!

[This message has been edited by jah003 (edited 2/18/2013 9:50p).]
Reel Aggies
AG

My wife bought me these for V-day. Which should I drink first, and which should I save for a special occasion? What do these pair with? I have had the Chimay blue and enjoy, but never tried the others....
cpscAG06
AG
the MOA - Imperial Stout aged on pinot noir barrels is pretty solid.
62strat
AG
NCOag, yeh I'm going to ship some for a poster here who wants some. Haven't done it yet, so yeh some pics would be great. We were thinking of doing the big box flat rate USPS. it's $15. It can hold 7 bombers, or 3 bombers and eight 12oz (2 four packs).

i guess just post pics here if you'd like. im' sure others can benefit as well.

62strat
AG
dp

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 2/19/2013 10:55a).]
aggiederelict
Ninkasi has amazing beer. Wish we could get it down here in Austin.
NColoradoAG
Strat, pics coming. I would not use USPS. It is a big no no to ship alcohol via USPS without the proper licensing.

I use FedEx. Creating an account online to print labels at home is super easy. Prices are usually lower too.
62strat
AG
yeh funny I was preaching that in either this thread or another about shipping, the fact that breaking USPS law is a federal crime, where as breaking fed rules is just breaking the rules.

Is it in the neighborhood of $15 for a 12x12x6 box?

Will fedex/UPS ship a usps box if it has a fedex/UPS label on it? I ask, because usps boxes are free.
BSD
AG
If yall need TX beers, I can send you all the shippers you can handle (wine addiction).
62strat
AG
When I buy at the store, I typically try something new.
Considering Tipsy's has, oh a wild guess, but I'd say 750 unique beers, just in the bomber room, I'm far from having to repeat a purchase!

I do love me some pine belt pale ale though. I'm not finding myself craving anything else. Would like to do some side by side sour and saison comparisons with with jester king and crooked stave
TxKng82
AG
Was reading the Houston Chronicle beer blog earlier and it mentioned St Arnolds has a batch of DR4(Strong Scotch Ale) aging in Old Forrester barrels for the BB#4. Not very excited about the new BB#2 but this one I'd be excited about.
62strat
AG
wtf i totally missed the first PtY tapping at falling rock. The damn page I was checking wasn't the one that being updated.
http://fallingrocktaphouse.com/pty/
I totally didn't see the link 'most recent info can be found at'
why the hell did they put the recent info on an entirely different page?

anyway, they are tapping it again this saturday and sunday, and cheeky monk on mon then again on thurs. Hopefully I'll get to one of those.

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2013/02/pliny_the_younger_returns_to_colorado.php#more

I see Parry's pizza is doing a Russian River tap takeover.. hmmm, I wonder if they secretly have a PtY keg
http://www.ratebeer.com/event/20115/tap-takeover-russian-river/
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.