Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,238 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by steve00
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's even at the HEB Tower Point in CS. Not a lot left but I'm impressed it made it here.
La Fours
AG
Wow. That's surprising. Gonna have to go to the store here soon.
dave99ag
AG

La Fours
AG
Samesies

La Fours
AG
turfman80
AG
Oh Doctah!!!

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
jetch17
AG
Had to join the TX fun and picked up some Psuedo & King at Bunker HEB - ill join the TG party tonight
Bulldog73
AG
Picked up the same in Waco today. Excited to give it a go.
txaggie05
AG
Sorry, no outlets.

Not sorry about this deliciousness.

jetch17
AG
Sue'n it up

ChipFTAC01
AG
They have much?
K Bo
AG
Also joined in last night. This sheet is good.
jetch17
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

They have much?

Yeah a pallets worth each of pseudo, king & Pompeii
CDub06
AG
Copperhead is selling their facility and equipment: https://unite-craft.com/Used-Brewery-Equipment/Complete-Brewery/Complete-Turn-key-Brewery-For-Sale/item/612702
MW13
AG
Got in on the TG fun. First time to have Pompeii and it was great. I'm always a big fan of mosaic and this didn't let me down. Cool to have them in the neighborhood now.
Bulldog73
AG
5/25 brew date on TG at my HEB too.
CDub06
AG
Business trip to Coeur d'Alene this week. Unfortunately, business interfered heavily with my free time. Still knocked out a few places:

Spokane/Spokane Valley:
Humble Abode - A really good stop at this fairly new place. Chopped it up with the brewmaster a bit. It was all good, but they had one of the best Black IPAs I've ever had and their Hazy collab with YaYa was phenomenal.
Lumberbeard Brewing - Great stuff all around, but the IPAs were probably my favorite. They used a nice variety of hops REALLY liked the Italian Pilsner and Saison too.
YaYa Brewing - Some Excellent IPAs, really clean hop-forward stuff. Everything else was really good as well.

Sandpoint, ID:
Matchwood Brewing - Really cool setup. Pretty standard draft list, but they nailed everything I tried. Better than expected.

Coeur d'Alene:
Paragon Brewing - This was a pub and mainly went for the food. But I was impressed. Everything was above average. Their IPAs shined brightest and they had a really good Scotch Ale as well.
High Society Brewing - This place is newer and I wanted to like it more, I really did. It was just average and their beers weren't really true to style.

I'd intended to really dive into the breweries in CDA, but my time was monopolized. Hoping I get another trip out there soon because Daft Badger is on my list. Didn't expect to drive up to Sandpoint, but that town was RIDICULOUS, so I'm planning another work trip up there. A few joints to check out. Lumberbeard and Humble Abode joined For The Love of God as my top breweries in Spokane so far. Really bummed that construction has my favorite bottleshop ever closed, Community Pint. Maybe next time.
corndog04
AG
Late post of some of the Memorial day weekend damage. I moved to central New Mexico last year and there isn't a beer store worth a damn within 150 miles. Luckily, a friend from back home came to visit and brought some goods from a recent work trip to Iowa. I also dug a few things out of the "cellar" (i.e., moving boxes that still haven't been opened after 6 months). 2011 Abyss was a little underwhelming, either past it's prime or not stored correctly. 2015 Adam from the Stone was amazing. Breakside India Wild Ale was monkey ass, as should be expected for a wild fermented IPA that has to be 8 or 9 years old by this point.

CDub06
AG
You had some pretty vintage stuff in that session.

Where in NM are you? I used to be in the state all the time. I was pleased with the local craft beer in ABQ and Santa Fe. Elsewhere...not so much.

Finally getting back to the state in a couple of weeks after being shut out for the last 14 months.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Picked up 5 4-packs of TG earlier. Can't wait to Crack one
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yea NM can get pretty damn sparse. Did a drive through there a couple years back going West to East and there are some truly remote places.
jah003
S
I'm tempted everyday to buy some land and move out to middle of nowhere NM... too bad I like my job.

Santa Fe is actually becoming a pretty solid beer town. Couple of solid bottle shops as well.
corndog04
AG
CDub06 said:

Where in NM are you? I used to be in the state all the time. I was pleased with the local craft beer in ABQ and Santa Fe. Elsewhere...not so much.

Finally getting back to the state in a couple of weeks after being shut out for the last 14 months.

We are in Ruidoso. Several great breweries up in ABQ, but for whatever reason it's impossible to get anything outside of their standard lineup beers down here. We are probably going to do a weekend trip to Santa Fe in July, need to find a good bottle shop up there or in ABQ to load up from.
FriedTex
AG
She's a beaut
Wheatables02
AG
corndog04 said:

CDub06 said:

We are in Ruidoso. Several great breweries up in ABQ, but for whatever reason it's impossible to get anything outside of their standard lineup beers down here. We are probably going to do a weekend trip to Santa Fe in July, need to find a good bottle shop up there or in ABQ to load up from.
Can you get any Tombstone Brewing there from Arizona?
CDub06
AG
Yeah, Ruidoso is kind of a bummer for craft beer.

Outside of in state brews, NM doesn't really get anything that Texas doesn't - no Tombstone or anything that I've ever seen - awesome brewery btw. NM distribution is mainly the big
Guys like Firestone Walker, Dogfish, and Stone.

I've not found a good bottle shop for out of state stuff. And I usually get in state stuff directly from the breweries. Total Wine might be the best option as an aggregate for local stuff. Let me know if you find a good one.
big-ag
AG
King Sue and BBQ.
jetch17
AG
No BBQ, but grilled some sausages for the crew with Jefe Sue

Two Down
AG
New house means new backsplash.

Celebrating new digs - despite very bumpy road - with something I've been saving.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Bravo. One of the best beers out there.
jetch17
AG
Sh*t yeah
Objective Aggie
AG
Liked it. Didn't love it.
jetch17
AG
I do almost prefer Psuedo over King ... still happy to have any of the TG here in TX now
Objective Aggie
AG
jetch17 said:

I do almost prefer Psuedo over King ... still happy to have any of the TG here in TX now

What's that you say?
Ags #1
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 1617 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.