Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,423 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by steve00
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
they were out. i asked if they had anything tasty left from the weekend and they said they dried up.
La Fours
AG
I drank The Perfect Crime last night. It wasn't bad. Not nearly as good as Stone's collab Saison du Buff.
BSD
AG
I'm taking notes so I can plan a beer trip or two...

http://draftmag.com/features/america-100-best-beer-bars-2013/
NColoradoAG
Glad the Fort Collins places continue to fly under the radar.

Oh, and the Rare Beer Festival is at Wynkoop Brewing.
Jock 07
AG
Had this at the bar the other night. Pretty good and will probably try and grab a bottle next month when they release it in bottles.

Jock 07
AG
Also ate at the Firestone tap room in bulleton the other night and they were talmbout that they're fixin to get in the sour game
NColoradoAG
Sucaba is one of my favorites. One of the few I stock up on to drink all year. Looking forward to it dropping next month.

I love pretty much everything from Firestone Walker.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 1/14/2013 8:13p).]
helgs
AG
jetch17
AG
that looks REALLY clear for Pliny ... perhaps its just your baller photography. Nevertheless, its making me thirsty at only 8:15am
helgs
AG
It was pretty clear! It is everything that I imagined. It is truly the best beer I've ever had. Perfectly balanced. Perfect texture. Perfect taste.

I can't believe the best beer in the world only costs $5/pint bottled. Best $5 I've ever spent on a beer in my lifetime.
aTm08
Picked up 3 DFH 120's last night and 3 more just now... one pricey 6 pack. I plan to maybe sell 1 or 2 to a friend or two that really wants one and missed their chance.

will age another 1-3.
jetch17
AG
A little Rock Island Red from RCB in Wichita tonight. Headed to Anchor bar in a bit to see if they have anny good sh*t on tap this week

streetfighter2012
AG
Anyone know more about Abyyss hitting TX? More specifically the tine?
K Bo
AG
I wish I knew streetfighter2012, I wish I knew.
txaggie05
AG
Picked up the Real Ale Brewer's Cut #4 Imperial Red Ale tonight. It's really good. A little more hop-forward than I was expecting, but that's a good thing in my book.
jetch17
AG
Odell Myrcenary DIPA is mighty tasty

jetch17
AG
Avery duganA DIPA

BSD
AG
quote:
Odell Myrcenary DIPA is mighty tasty

I've always wanted to try one of those...
Jock 07
AG
I've it a couple of times, pretty good stuff
jetch17
AG
It's a BSD kinda brew
jah003
S
Word on the street is that Abyss has hit Austin... having a regular person job sucks. I'll be on the prowl after work tomorrow, hopefully there are still a few bottles around/have arrived in my area.
army01
AG
Enjoying a Harpoon for once.....

army01
AG
Decent enough...this one started meh after a rather tasty rye, but this one is growing on me....

62strat
AG
Question for the beer board:

How many unique beers do you think you've tasted?

This question was posed to me about two years ago from a fellow bar regular at Rockwell's. This guy had a ridiculous beer cellar, like hundreds and hundreds of beers in a bedroom that had nothing but beer.. he had every Saint Arnold DR still (this was around DR 11 time). Anyway he said his best guess was around 2000 beers.

At the time, I answered maybe 250. I think I may be higher than that.. 500? Not quite; somewhere in between if I had to make an educated guess.

How about you?

My dumb ass actually started a spreadsheet like 4 years ago that I would try to update every time I had a beer including a scale of 1-5 if I liked it. It got to like 50 beers in no time, but I didn't keep up with it.
spadilly
S
quote:
My dumb ass actually started a spreadsheet like 4 years ago that I would try to update every time I had a beer including a scale of 1-5 if I liked it. It got to like 50 beers in no time, but I didn't keep up with it.

I tried this as well and just couldn't keep up. I actually tried to put them in order from favorite to least favorite.
I had the list up to 120 or so and decided it just wasn't worth doing. I know the beers I like and the beers I don't.

Rough estimate? I've tried probably 300ish different beers.
txaggie05
AG
Good question. I've logged 87 distinct beers in Untappd in the last 7 months. There are several that I haven't logged, so that number is probably pushing over 100. Granted, I've tried a lot more new beers lately, but I've always been one to try lots of different things. So I imagine I've got to be pushing 300-400+ when all is said and done.

[This message has been edited by txaggie05 (edited 1/16/2013 1:23p).]
defroach
I've been on untappd for 6 months or so and am already pushing 350 on it. Granted, over 100 of those were in the last 3 weeks (been on business trip and hit up a lot of breweries and beer bars....a lot of them offered 5oz pours so that made it easy).

Over time....I would say my number is easily above 2500. I am basing this off of the sheer amount of beer I had in the last week and actually keeping track of it, and e years ago I had a beer bottle collection that was pushing 1500 different bottles (that I tried or had at least 95% of them).

You'd be surprised how easy it is to get to 500+ and not even realize it.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Who here have sampled bourbon barrel aged IPAs. I had one over the weekend and thought it was s nice twist. Don't see the style in TX. I could dig up my Untappd comments and pic if anyone if interested. Brewery was in Flagstaff.
jetch17
AG
Karbach is rolling out BBA rodeo clown (DIPA) tonight at hay merchant in Houston
gordo97
AG
Karbach is rolling out BBA rodeo clown (DIPA) tonight at hay merchant in Houston

wow........ please tell me they are gonna bottle some of that!!!!

jetch17
AG
heres the Karbach tap takeover at Hay Merchant

quote:
Weisse Versa
Sympathy
Hopadillo
Rodeo Clown
Weekend Warrior
Pontificator
Hellfighter
BBA Hellfighter
Cask BBA Hellfighter
Yule Shoot Your Eye Out
Fra-Gee-Lay
Bodacious
Wine Barrel Aged Krunkin Pumpkin
Bourbon Barrel Aged Rodeo Clown

They were also filling wine barrels last week with the Barnburner to be bottled as part of the F.U.N. series
BSD
AG
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
turfman80
AG
Don't know if this has been mentioned here before, but Firestone Walker will begin distibution in Austin markets Feb 19 and the DFW area in March!

http://beerpulse.com/2013/01/firestone-walker-to-launch-austin-market-in-feb-with-brown-dfw-in-march-with-andrews/

Plus, Ballast Point has made its way down to Austin/ Houston, also!
Two Down
AG
I wouldn't mind getting growler fills of a couple of these, but I doubt by the time I get off work and over there that much will be left. And I think I remember reading that they would be restricting growler fills on some of the offerings anyway.
62strat
AG
There are tap takovers once a month or so at a place by my house, usually 16 taps worth, and several of the offerings always last about a week.

Course this is in the burbs, and in denver. Much more supply over demand compared to houston.

First Page Last Page
Page 160 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.