Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,470 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by steve00
stamper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
txag2008 said:

Looks great. Any idea on the color/name?

Looked back at the bid when we remodeled. Its actually quartz - viatera lento. Have had it for about 4 years. Zero scratches or stains.
txag2008
AG
Appreciate you looking that up

Ok, now back to the beer...
Jock 07
AG
Monkish/side project barrel aged pluot wild ale
Pretty good
Chipotlemonger
AG
Looks good. I am definitely a fan of pluot in beers.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Stout SZN. Hen House Oyster Stout great stuff, especially at 4.5%.

Chipotlemonger
AG
I was just thinking about grabbing some of that for the fridge here soon! Great beer.
AggieOO
Heading to Angel Fire later this week. I know there's a brewery there and in Red River, but what should I be on the lookout for when in the area up there?

reminder for those who don't know...i don't like IPAs or Sours.
jah003
S
AggieOO said:

Heading to Angel Fire later this week. I know there's a brewery there and in Red River, but what should I be on the lookout for when in the area up there?

I don't know what their distro is like, but Rowley pumps out some awesome Saison's. Marble and La Cumbre would be more likely to be available in that area. Malpais Stout by La Cumbre is world class IMO.
CDub06
AG
jah003 said:

AggieOO said:

I don't know what their distro is like, but Rowley pumps out some awesome Saison's. Marble and La Cumbre would be more likely to be available in that area. Malpais Stout by La Cumbre is world class IMO.
I echo this. Enchanted Circle was actually a pleasant surprise.

You can sometimes find Rowley in the odd bottle shop. Everything La Cumbre does is great. Marble is a nice contingency that's usually available.

Odell is really heavy up there. Santa Fe Brewing is usually a last resort for me. Ex Novo has started distributing heavier in that area, but it's their IPAs that I've liked.

If you make it to Taos, The Cellar is a nice little bottle shop just north of town. They have a good selection including Rowley, La Cumbre, and Bow & Arrow.
AggieOO
appreciate the responses. The general NM "larger distro" stuff isn't new to me, but just never been all the way up to Angel Fire and the surrounding area. We've done Santa Fe and several trips down to the Cloudcroft/Ruidoso area.
Kyle98
AG
Did the Army 10-Miler this morning, and beat my goal by almost 10 minutes, so having a celebratory beer.
jah003
S
AggieOO said:

appreciate the responses. The general NM "larger distro" stuff isn't new to me, but just never been all the way up to Angel Fire and the surrounding area. We've done Santa Fe and several trips down to the Cloudcroft/Ruidoso area.

The Taos Mesa taproom in town is worth a visit if you make it to Taos. Avoid the mega hippy one outside of town though.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
2020 and 2017 side by side. Had a 2019 last night. Definitely a different flavor from the fresh Pumpkinator and obviously a lot more head.

jetch17
AG
Picked up 2 regular and 3 bourbon barrel pumpkinators today. They were out of the chocolate BBA.

Also picked up a new Belgium Clutch for old times sake

Jock 07
AG
New Belgium is making clutch again?
maca1028

jetch17
AG
Jock 07 said:

New Belgium is making clutch again?

Probably an old shelfer

Edit: oh, I see

CDub06
AG
AggieOO said:

Then you know what to expect. Outside of ABQ, New Mexico doesn't really have the same type of regional distribution you see in Texas. If you're outside the city, you'll mainly see those same big brews statewide.

If you make it down to Taos, The Cellar is your best bet for different stuff. The Burger Stand usually has a good selection (you might see Second Street, Bosque, or Steel Bender on the menu) . Taos Ale House (brewery) is decent with variety and some guests. Their mothership location is cool.
AggieOO
jah003 said:

AggieOO said:

The Taos Mesa taproom in town is worth a visit if you make it to Taos. Avoid the mega hippy one outside of town though.
what's wrong with the mega hippie one? weird people don't bother me, unless there's something logistical that makes it a nightmare.

edit - doesn't matter, looks like it was damaged in a fire and its not open anyway.
AggieOO
CDub06 said:

AggieOO said:

Then you know what to expect. Outside of ABQ, New Mexico doesn't really have the same type of regional distribution you see in Texas. If you're outside the city, you'll mainly see those same big brews statewide.

If you make it down to Taos, The Cellar is your best bet for different stuff. The Burger Stand usually has a good selection (you might see Second Street, Bosque, or Steel Bender on the menu) . Taos Ale House (brewery) is decent with variety and some guests. Their mothership location is cool.
i'm mostly just looking for some stuff to enjoy while there. Don't need to bring a bunch of stuff back.
Ags #1
AG

CDub06
AG
jah003 said:

AggieOO said:

COME ON! The mega hippie one is the cool one! I didn't realize it had burned though... bummer.
jah003
S
AggieOO said:

jah003 said:

AggieOO said:

what's wrong with the mega hippie one? weird people don't bother me, unless there's something logistical that makes it a nightmare.

edit - doesn't matter, looks like it was damaged in a fire and its not open anyway.

Oh... I'm cool with weird people. I mean. I live in Austin.

I've only been once, but my bartender must have been having a real bad day or something. She seemed annoyed that I was asking about beers and finally told me just to "pick one already". I was about to ask for a taster too... but I think she would have thrown that in my face.
AggieOO
you pissed her off so much she burned the place down!
jah003
S
AggieOO said:

you pissed her off so much she burned the place down!

Lola68
Dang! All of my lone pint glasses are broken.
BSD
AG
That's some Page 1 **** right there.
jetch17
AG
BSD said:

That's some Page 1 **** right there.

I was nostalgic fo sho - plus the guy at D&Q pointed out my Clutch hat to match
Kyle98
AG
Really liking getting to try more Modern Times.
Chipotlemonger
AG
How do you like that one? Don't think I've had it since the recipe and slight name change recently. Loved it when it was a hopped up malty amber ale though!
Kyle98
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

How do you like that one? Don't think I've had it since the recipe and slight name change recently. Loved it when it was a hopped up malty amber ale though!

Its really good, but now I'm sad that it's not the hopped up malty amber.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I honestly have no clue how much the recipe was changed or how perceivable the differences are! For reference though here's a pic of mine of it from a few years ago.

big-ag
AG
This is nice. Tastes exactly like it says.
AgEng06
AG
maca1028

First Page Last Page
Page 1562 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.