Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,521 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by steve00
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
AggieOO said:

I miss NG. Our Wisconsin trips have been canceled due to covid. Hoping we can get up there for the holidays, but not sure. Wifes mom is high risk, and also can't chance her dad getting anything bc he needs to be healthy to care for my mother in law.

They would happily ship us stuff, but its been eleventy billion degrees, so haven't bothered.

What brewery is that BiB? I picked up another variant today from Hedgehog. It was brewed with maltesers.
I've got plenty of NG fruits turding up the fridge. I could throw together a mixed 4 pack or something for you.
AggieOO
appreciate the offer, but I'm actually not a big fan of their fruited stuff. I actually have a serendipity thats probably way past its prime. They tend to be too fruit forward for me. The weather should get a lot more friendly in a month or so I'll get some stuff shipped down.
Jock 07
AG

big-ag
AG
Good beer from False Idol. Better name.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
https://m.sacurrent.com/Flavor/archives/2020/08/26/austin-based-brewery-prints-gov-abbotts-office-phone-number-on-cans-call-him-up

This amuses me.
jah003
S
Pinthouse is going to bankrupt me...
FriedTex
AG
Just left Luplin Brewery and they have a barrel aged stout called Barrel God (abv 15.4) every time I drink it I can feel it enter my veins like I'm getting IV medicine at the hospital - and that's not a bad thing
aggiemike02
AG
I'd like to give these away if any interest. 77018 in Houston.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0QtWmNqAYFI5W5WWqiUWyFAqQ

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0p791JCiYRiqv16jLxfT_Qpvg

(Not sure if links work or if I should be sharing iCloud links but see above for beers)
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'll take em Mike.
aggiemike02
AG
Nice AB. All yours!

Do you still have my gmail or cell? If not it's m cook 2002 at g mail (minus spacing)
wessimo
AG
Dang, too slow! Some very nice beers being given away there!

If Chip fails to collect I call next!
ChipFTAC01
AG
wessimo said:

Dang, too slow! Some very nice beers being given away there!

If Chip fails to collect I call next!

I bet I can share. Let me go back and see what's there and I'll shoot you a message.
ChipFTAC01
AG
And me failing to pick up beer is a halfway decent bet. I never picked up that beetus bottle or two I paid for and got shipped to someone in Houston.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Haven't posted much recently! Hotel beer. Made decision to skip town last week to get out of the smoke and potential middle of the night evacuations due to fire! This is a blonde ale from FiftyFifty. Weirdly enough the leaving town butted up right next to a planned week off anyways. Cheers y'all!
aggiemike02
AG
Let's do a split, happy to share. Send me an email and we can split the lot amongst you both.
aggiemike02
AG
I didn't either!
wessimo
AG
Nice, email sent!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Heard you guys like golf course beers

Chipotlemonger
AG
Awesome
La Fours
AG
How common is it for courses to have beers with their name on them?

I had never seen/heard of it until the Kiawah posts by K Bo. And now Bandon.
FriedTex
AG
Last Spindletap beer
jah003
S
The final Chonk...
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Beach beer
FriedTex
AG
Last Ghost in the Machine

K Bo
AG
I hadn't seen branded course beers, either, til Kiawah then Harbour Town. Kiawah has the Ocean Course Ale from Low Tide Brewing Co and Harbour Town Golf Links had Lighthouse Lager from Southern Barrel Brewing Co. I imagine they're very popular/well sold during tournament times.
Ags #1
AG
where you located? We gotta get you some fresher batch of that Ghost
La Fours
AG
I believe he's in SD or WY.
FriedTex
AG
South Dakota
jah003
S

Damn.
dave99ag
AG
That sucks as it's a pretty cool place. I can only imagine how any of these breweries are operating beer halls when everything is so limited. That's a huge space to repurpose too. Hopefully one day they can re-open the space for guests.
jah003
S
dave99ag said:

That sucks as it's a pretty cool place. I can only imagine how any of these breweries are operating beer halls when everything is so limited. That's a huge space to repurpose too. Hopefully one day they can re-open the space for guests.

Wife's uncle is an appraiser for the city. They spent an astronomical amount on that space... so I can't even imagine how much money they are losing right now.
AggieOO
my favorite place to hang out for the night before finishing the drive to Northern Wisconsin.

Edit: finish the drive the following day.
La Fours
AG
That was a really cool place. BSD, Turfman, and myself went there on our trip to TG for the Assassin release. That sucks.
turfman80
AG
La Fours said:

That was a really cool place. BSD, Turfman, and myself went there on our trip to TG for the Assassin release. That sucks.
Abrasive and poutine....

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
JamesBREI06
AG
https://12thman.com/news/2020/9/3/karbach-brewing-co-texas-am-university-collaborate-on-12th-man-lager.aspx

2020 sucks so bad.
First Page Last Page
Page 1551 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.