Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,977 Views | 62652 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
jwag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Funkytown to Austin and back today. Chitty covid drivers but traffic/queue wasn't bad.
cgary11
AG
Does anybody have a atrial in the Houston (Pearland) area for $$? I missed out this year
DaveHimself
AG
This may be my favorite TP. Can't go wrong with Citra & Mosaic.

jah003
S
Last day on the lake...
K Bo
AG
Good not great. Picking up a lot of dry bitterness (like unsweetened grapefruit) on the back, I'm guessing from the citrus zest
jah003
S
Can't leave MN without a Furious...
jetch17
AG
Poolin'

ChipFTAC01
AG
Driveway beers.

DaveHimself
AG
Replenishing my electrolytes after mowing.

Hudson2508
AG
Ventured to the store for the first time in 4 months..........for a very legitimate reason.

Now it's time for a late lunch while I watch the boys pretend they are driving my truck.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Found this randomly on the shelf at HEB a year and a half after it was released. That seems to be happening a bit lately. I got some more BBT at Specs in Webster because they appeared to have gotten another case last week.

K Bo
AG
Finally. Wow.
K Bo
AG
How was that?
DaveHimself
AG
Not my favorite. I think the funky aroma is what is throwing it off for me. Had to try it though, I'm a sucker for unique efforts like this.
K Bo
AG
Yeah, I'd probably do the same.
K Bo
AG
Sunday afternoon kitchen re-org, got a little aggressive with the Kolsch pour
Jock 07
AG
Interesting didn't know shiner had a barrel program
CDub06
AG
Two Old Nation hazies tonight. They weren't on my radar before but I'm really impressed. So smooth with plenty of hop character.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Jock 07 said:

Interesting didn't know shiner had a barrel program

They acted like there was going to be more than just this one but they've never done another 750 that I'm aware of. It may have morphed into the Brewer's Pride deal. The last few of those have been barrel aged. The Balcones Bock they released in February was the s***.
Chipotlemonger
AG
So good, outside beers are the best.
Objective Aggie
AG
Liked this one better the second time around. It's not Lunch but it's enjoyable.
Chipotlemonger
AG
It's awesome y'all are getting Maine Beer in Texas now. I've only been able to try a few of their beers but they are all great and worth it!
La Fours
AG
Tavour delivered my box a little after 12pm today. My M-I-L signed for it at the house. So I'll
open it up when I get home from work.
CDub06
AG
You know what you're getting, but it's still like Christmas. Unfortunately one of my Anchorages didn't make it this time and I got a refund instead. May your box be full.
La Fours
AG
Yeah, it does feel like Christmas. And just in time for my birthday on Wednesday. I almost asked my M-I-L to open it up and put the beer in the fridge, but I want to do it myself. Most days, I would probably run home and do it, and come back to the office. But I don't have time today with me taking off W-F this week.

Sucks that you had a casualty in transit. The little I could see from my Ring camera, the box looked in good shape.
wessimo
AG
Does Tavour's shipping service (Hackbarth) call before delivery or ? It looks like the Hackbarth warehouse is just a couple miles from me so I'd prefer to just go get it myself.
CDub06
AG
Thankfully I didn't have to discover the mess. There was a note inside informing me one got pulled because it was damaged in transit. I dont know how they handle that and if they reboxed it or what. Box was in good condition and everything was clean.

I picked up one of these bottle chillers years ago at a garage sale for like $10. It works pretty dang well if I don't have time to fully chill a can before I want to pop it open.
CDub06
AG
I've only ordered twice. The first time they emailed me and said they'd received it and would be going out for delivery that week unless I tell them otherwise. The second time, no notification until the dude called from the parking lot of my wife's office looking for the addressee.
jetch17
AG
wessimo said:

Does Tavour's shipping service (Hackbarth) call before delivery or ? It looks like the Hackbarth warehouse is just a couple miles from me so I'd prefer to just go get it myself.

I got an email from hackbarth secretary saying it was at warehouse but slated for delivery after the weekend - they offered the option to come pick it up (which I did) between 9-5
La Fours
AG
I got an email from Hackbarth saying they had my box and it would be out for delivery by July 1. After it was delivered, I checked the Tavour website and it showed that it was out for delivery. The app says that the last mile delivery company will call or email you before going out for delivery.
turfman80
AG
After 39 years, today is my retirement day! Starting off with one of my favorites before opening the champagne.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Congrats!
jetch17
AG
cheers and congrats!
wessimo
AG
Congratulations!
dave99ag
AG
Congratulations!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 1527 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.