Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,844 Views | 62661 Replies | Last: 41 min ago by dave99ag
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow, what year is that? I can't tell. Looks like all the carb is long gone!
Jock 07
AG
2014 and yea carb was nearly all gone
Quincey P. Morris
AG
This'll probably be my summer beer for the year. Nice and light and good flavor.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Very peachy?

Odell just does everything really solid. I think I just recently had my first Odell that I was disappointed with.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Yes, lots of peach. It was several years before I had one I wasn't a fan of. Lately I've been a little disappointed with some of their newer IPAs but none of them were really bad.
Texaggie7nine
Solid choice. This would be my summer go to if they sold it here. Only have 1 6 pack left
7nine
CDub06
AG
I'm missing my New Mexico trips. And trips in general...

I saw your haul, but did you make it out to many other ABQ breweries? They have a surprising number. I think I'm at ~31.

I was going to hit the new Ex Novo taproom & Differential last time, but decided to go for a run and just swing by La Cumbre instead because I'd be back in a couple of weeks anyway. Nope.
Texaggie7nine
Brought back around $250 worth of beer from Marble and La Cumbre.

While there during the lockdown, our weekends consisted of looking for filming locations of Breaking Bad and hitting up breweries for curbside pickup. In addition to those 2, I also got several selections from Red Door, Santa Fe, and Bosque. Didn't really find anything at those other 3 that blew me away so decided to load up on Marble and Cumbre for taking back to Texas.
7nine
CDub06
AG
I've never seen the show, but I've been by the house he throws the pizza on and the owners are notorious for sitting on the driveway with a scowl to make sure no one stops

Just checked to see if my favorite ABQ breweries are making it through this and they're all still chugging along with the exception of Black Snout, which isn't surprising.

Bombs Away on the east side is still my favorite. Best IPAs and good hazies, which is a rarity in NM.
La Cumbre is second. They do everything so well. They're a known commodity.

Downtown, north to I-40, you've got Bow & Arrow with their creative sours and farmhouse stuff, then Thirsty Eye, Marble, and Dialogue. Those last 3 have some really good stuff and some average stuff. That quadrant is a great little brewery tour.

And Quarter Celtic to round things out.
Texaggie7nine
Appreciate the info as I plan to go back some time in the future.

Also, what the hell is wrong with you? How have you not seen the greatest show that ever graced television?
7nine
jetch17
AG
Lunch beers - Brash EZ7

Jock 07
AG
This image hosting feature is clutch pretty sure imgur is seeing a significant decline in usage now
CDub06
AG
I've got a long run on tap for tomorrow morning. I'll be cracking one of these bad boys open along the way...
big-ag
K Bo
AG
Sounded so much better than it is
maca1028

I need this in my life!
wessimo
AG
maca1028 said:

I need this in my life!

Pliny has my vote.
CDub06
AG
ISO
Chipotlemonger
AG
This is refreshing AF. Warmer weather means more light sours like this for me. Wish I could still get Einhorn! Cheers fellas.

Edit to add, that Pliny can presale sold out fast.
G-Town Cracker
AG
Putting the G in G-town this evening
Texaggie7nine
11 below big mistake 2020
7nine
Objective Aggie
AG
Picked this up when I tried their Lunch.

JamesBREI06
AG
wessimo said:

EH has been cranking out 3-4 new beers every week during the pandemic and it has been nice to try some new stuff.

Didn't know so hot right now was back. Good beer. And I live less than a mile from the brewery
Whoop!
jetch17
AG
Morning juice run - good to see the taproom open again

dave99ag
AG
Wife and I chilling in West Texas.
jah003
S
All the Pinthouse...
DallasAggie2012
AG
Great start to Memorial Day weekend!
Gator_2
AG
Has anyone been to Lone Pint brewery? I'll be in that area next week, and was just wondering how their set up is and if it's worth a visit. I love Yellow Rose, but haven't had anything else by them.
Easy come, easy go
DaveHimself
AG
Objective Aggie said:

Never a bad Spindletap IPA. This one is great.

I may be from Dallas but Spindletap has the best IPA game in Texas.

MartinHouse has the best sours and varieties.
While I agree Spindletap has yet to disappoint; Do you even Turning Point brah?
Texaggie7nine
They have a nice yard with tables and chairs next to their taproom. Usually live music on weekends before all this. Also have a BBQ truck usually running next to it.
7nine
Jock 07
AG

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Gator2_15 said:

Has anyone been to Lone Pint brewery? I'll be in that area next week, and was just wondering how their set up is and if it's worth a visit. I love Yellow Rose, but haven't had anything else by them.

I haven't been but I feel strongly that The Jabberwocky is significantly better than Yellow Rose so give that a shot if you go.
CDub06
AG
Gator2_15 said:

Lone Pint's setup is fine. Nothing special. But they've got Reveille BBQ on site now and they're Grade A Texas barbecue
Wheatables02
AG
Community Beer has entered the DFW chat with a NEIPA that rivals Turning Point, Celestial, and Manhattan Project.
Gator_2
AG
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be sure to give that a try.
Easy come, easy go
First Page Last Page
Page 1510 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.