Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,645,006 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
Jason_Ag98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any suggestions for places in San Antonio to have a beer and watch some college football this afternoon?
turfman80
AG
A great one from Trillium.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
steve00
AG
Just got back from vacation in Italy. Drank a lot of great wines and ate amazing food, but took a break from the wine one night to hit a cool beer bar in Rome - MA CHE SIETE VENUTI A FA'

Solid draft selection and a nice bottle list. Got this for only 18 euros.
CDub06
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

This is cool, thanks for sharing.

Rowley has made a big name for themselves it seems.

They're not a really huge name within the state (La Cumbre is still the beer snob brand). The farmhouse style just isn't widely popular there. Some of the more specialty bottle shops will have their stuff, but it's more of a niche following for those that know. They are really well respected by their peers. I appreciate them because they are unique in the state and they aren't afraid to do some wacky stuff. And they execute it well.

My first visit was actually within the first couple of weeks that they were open. I think they had 2 of their own on draft and then a nicely curated selection of guests. After tasting those first couple, I knew they were going to be good. They obviously have more of their stuff online since then, but even their handpicked guest stuff beats the tap list almost anywhere in NM.
DallasAggie2012
AG
That place was awesome! Our Airbnb was right around the corner from there when we visited so we frequented often. Really fun little bar with an awesome beer selection. We had Iris and Grand Cru there. Trastevere was an awesome neighborhood to hang out in.
BSD
AG
Any of you neckbeards tailgating in Athens next weekend?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
NColoradoAG
BSD said:

Ill be out there. Haven't made any tailgating plans yet other than seeing a buddy who's a UGA fan.
BSD
AG
I'll hit you up. We may have an RV out there. My cousin went to school there so he's working on something for us.
maca1028
Found a 15 BCBS in the back of my garage fridge. Drinking pretty good.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Thank you, Jah! This is an awesome shipment back. Great to get some tastes of Texas here. I'm not gonna lie, ABW Black Thunder is my favorite beer of all time.

Wheatables02
AG
Yep!
streetfighter2012
AG
BSD said:

I'll be out there.
CDub06
AG
!!!!!
DallasAggie2012
AG
My group of 4 will be there. I'm sure we will hit up Creature Comforts over the weekend as well.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
https://www.oregonlive.com/business/2019/11/anheuser-busch-buys-total-control-of-portlands-craft-brew-alliance-for-220-million.html

Craft Beer Alliance was fully bought out by AB this week. They own Widmer, Kona, Red Hook and a few others I believe. They bought 33% back in 2016, but just got full control for $220 million.

Doesn't really affect me that much though since I haven't bought anything from any of those in a loooong time.
Jock 07
AG
Ha widmer, there's a brewery I haven't heard of in a long long time. Haven't even really seen them distributed in quite a while. I remember their hef used to be everywhere when I was in school.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Jock 07 said:

Ha widmer, there's a brewery I haven't heard of in a long long time. Haven't even really seen them distributed in quite a while. I remember their hef used to be everywhere when I was in school.

Yeah they are fairly big up here in the PNW. The hefe is on tap in a lot of place where blue moon would be.
Their Juicy Sunrise IPA is decent. I actually liked their Dreifecta... which was a German pils.
MathNewman06
AG
Celebrating stout season and the end of a real BM of a week with a BM of a beer (or something).
streetfighter2012
AG
So Buffalo Bayou opened up their huge new taproom and restaurant this past week.

I haven't had any of their beers in years. Are they making anything that's actually worth trying?
MathNewman06
AG
Went there last week. Nearly every time I try their beers, I'm disappointed. The space is great, and the food was really good, but the two beers I had were not special. I need to just stick to crush city from them and not get my expectations up on anything else.
maca1028
Parish Attacus Atlas tonight. Damn good!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Was just leaving a comment on Jah's beer check-in on Untapp'd and I didn't think it has been mentioned yet this year. Sierra Nevada Celebration IPA is out again. This year's batch is great as usual. One of the best bangs for your buck out there.
La Fours
AG
NCol and I decided to play some golf this morning. And as he's known to do, he showed up like a baller with this.

Weldwerks/Horus collab Midnight Eagle BA Stout with coffee. It was amazing.

Thanks man. It was great getting to hang out and lose some golf balls.
AggieOO
Haven't posted on this thread in a long while, but currently sitting at Renegade Brewing in Denver watching the game on laptop. Will be here (downtown) all week for work. I don't have a car. What should I check out?
Jock 07
AG
Uber to cerebral
AggieOO
Not tonight, but put it on the list while I'm here. Any other recommendations?
jetch17
AG
Falling Rock taphouse
Jock 07
AG
jetch17 said:

Falling Rock taphouse
Good call, but eat before or after.
BSD
AG
After a 5.5 month hiatus, I present...camp beers!

MathNewman06
AG
2015 coffee was infected, right?
BSD
AG
Some were. This tasted fine.
RK
AG
After not having a beer for six months, I'm sure a natty ice would have tasted just fine.
jetch17
AG
Starting to get some tingle in my dingle for our Santa Rosa/Napa/Yountville jaunt starting Thursday this week
DallasAggie2012
AG
Got the last March Madness box in from MattJaxson on Friday. Awesome box full of lots of Southern Grist goodies and a couple Trillium cans. Have loved everything from Southern Grist so looking forward to trying some more from them, and I have always heard great things about Trillium's PM Dawn.

Also, if multiple people are interested in a possible Friday meetup at Creature Comforts, we could share a few bottles there off the taproom list and hype ourselves up for a Saturday victory.
First Page Last Page
Page 1470 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.