Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,074 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by SoTxAg
MathNewman06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
La Fours
AG
8th Wonder has put Haterade in cans!!

Chipotlemonger
AG
Throwing up the Steve00 bat signal

jetch17
steve00
AG
I'll keep an eye out for it. I see Phantom Bride at Whole Foods sometimes, so they should get this one too.
Bmac04
AG
Have a buddy that works there if you arent able to find any.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Had this on Tuesday, it was awesome. Light drinker at 4.4%, but you know and could tell it was well made and the balance is great. Was saving it for when I got back to Texas. And you really can't beat the label. Washed out the bottle and will be keeping it.
AggieOO
Made it to Maui brewing. This place is top notch, with lots of brewery-only beers.
p-wonk01
AG
AggieOO said:

Made it to Maui brewing. This place is top notch, with lots of brewery-only beers.

Head to Star Noodles after. Great place.

Oh, and Momma's Fish House is a must if you haven't been (expensive but worth it...get reservations)
Inspector Spacetime
AG
AggieOO said:

If you have a chance to go to Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop, don't miss it. It's near Lahaina right on the side of the road. Great bfast/lunch place and one of the few bargains with exceptional food I remember us finding. Also, if you go to Mamma's Fish House and are drinking wine, make sure you get past their by the glass page of $18/gl minimum. There are actually very good bottle deals to be had, especially for Hawaii.
Hudson2508
AG
Little anniversary beer in Sundance, Utah. Had to bring my own because the Utah beer laws and selection are abysmal. This beer might be perfect.

BSD
AG
I had a really great afternoon there. One of the last places I got hammered.

FYI, most of Hawaii is BYO so be sure to plan ahead.
AggieStout
AG
Any of y'all Houston folks try any of that ingenious beer they posted today. Bba vanilla madness. Looked good.
txag2008
AG
Got in a box from Mr Dave. Nice selection of different types and from different places. Each of the beers is new to me so looking forward to trying them all. Thank you sir!

(Also, in my wife's eyes you've won by including the baby girl bows)

MathNewman06
AG
Treat yo'self weekend in galveston.

Plus one more can that didn't make it back for the group shot.
p
jah003
S
txag2008 said:

Got in a box from Mr Dave. Nice selection of different types and from different places. Each of the beers is new to me so looking forward to trying them all. Thank you sir!

(Also, in my wife's eyes you've won by including the baby girl bows)

I haven't checked the spreadsheet in a while... has everyone sent (except of course for my lazy ass)?
steve00
AG
I procrastinated until a couple days ago. Had to replace a few stale IPAs before shipping.
txag2008
AG
Think there's a few more, but they've all contacted me and I'm in no hurry.
Hudson2508
AG
Cracked this open to celebrate the fresh catch.

Yeah this is a top 5 beer for me. Hill Farmstead is too good at beer.

Chipotlemonger
AG
You've killed it this weekend with the top line beer.

When you get back to Austin I will trade for some of any of the Hill Farmstead you have.
reesei10
Do not see many Barley Wines posted on here. It's good to see a good one to look out for. Best one that I can remember is a Stone Old Guardian that was oak aged and in my fidge for a few years.
AggieChemist
AG
My white whale.

Ten years. Ten long years before I found it in the wild.

Life changing? No. Excellent beer? Yes. A life more fully lived having found it? Yes.
jh0400
AG
Unless finding it yourself was part of the challenge, there are people here who could've helped you on this one years ago.
AggieOO
Deep Ellum being bought by Oskar Blues' parent company?

https://www.brewbound.com/news/deep-ellum-sells-canarchy-fallout-storied-craft-breweries
AggieChemist
AG
jh0400 said:

Unless finding it yourself was part of the challenge, there are people here who could've helped you on this one years ago.

NOW you tell me!
Jock 07
AG
This was pretty decent

ChipFTAC01
AG
Somewhat funny beer story from this weekend.

For years my friends and I have been floating the Frio. The crowds on the Frio have gotten a lot larger which obviously ups the ******* and trash factor. There's a lot more trash (both empty beer cans and of the human variety) than when we first started heading out that way almost 20 years ago. We try to make a good effort to pick up empty cans and other trash as we see it. I'd bet in a given float we'll pull 30-40 cans out of the river.

Our standard day on the river ends with us dropping anchor right below our house where we will post up for a couple hours and proceed to drink any remaining beers and pretend that we're 19 again. Usually the evening winds down with some drunken shenanigans. On Saturday as we're winding down this big, burly redneck comes wading down past us pushing his tube and towing his female companion behind him. I saw him reach down into the water and scoop up an empty from the bottom and toss it over on the shore near us. I hollered at him, "What the **** do you think you're doing?". The guy had two relatively full trash bags tied to both his tube and his wife's so obviously he understood the concept of cleaning up the river.

He proudly (and drunkenly) turned towards us and shouted, "What?!? That's not mine. I don't drink that ***** It's a Coors Light and I only drink Keystone!"

We all were so shocked by his argument that we couldn't even really respond and he continued to Wade down past us.

Geriatric Punk
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Baseball beer. Gig em.
I've never cared for St. Arnold, but my wife and I cracked one of these last night and really enjoyed it. It was a pleasant change from all of the super hazy beers we've gotten swept up in the last few weeks.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
dave99ag
AG
Wife has been sending me pics of all the Southern Grist beers she's enjoying at ChurchKey in DC. I am definitely jealous!

Jock 07
AG
It's been a while.
62strat
AG
AggieChemist said:

jh0400 said:

NOW you tell me!
dang I can usually get that once a month on drop date. I have for a few people on here! It's starting to last a few days on the shelf here in Denver.
Jock 07
AG
Found this at a truck stop in Missouri ~ an hour south of Omaha this past weekend of all places. Not bad.
Chipotlemonger
AG
One of the best Jester King beers

Head Ninja In Charge
AG

10/10 pour.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Any beer centric or general recommendations for Amsterdam and Paris?
First Page Last Page
Page 1350 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.