Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,381 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 40 min ago by steve00
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finally getting round to some beveraging tonight
txag2008
AG
Memorial weekend IPA tasting.

The favorites were the Spindle Tap's & Turning Point. I'm guessing it has to do with the differences in freshness.

And a really interesting oak aged lambic from Spain.
steve00
AG
Pretty cool can and a good NE IPA
wessimo
AG
Is craft beer dying? I'm at bunker hill HEB for the first time in a while and the growler station is gone. Plus there are three cases of KBS just sitting out.
jah003
S
wessimo said:

Is craft beer dying? At bunker hill HEB for the first time in a while and the growler station is gone. Plus there's three cases of KBS just sitting out.
Seems supply has finally caught up with (and surpassed) demand in Texas. Unless of course it's hazy IPA's or pastry stouts.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Growlers have kind of lost popularity to crowlers in some places I believe. I still like both, but it's been a good while since I've had a growler of beer filled. Think I will soon though.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Novelty has worn off a lot of those beers. You don't really have to be there the second the vast majority of things come out to get a bottle that hits distro. As mentioned before, supply has caught up too.
steve00
AG
Had some good luck at the bottle shop
wessimo
AG

2013 BCBS (pre-AB) drinking nicely.
La Fours
AG
Niiiice
Scriffer
AG
Courtesy of txag2008

txag2008
AG
Got 2 more boxes hand delivered over the past few days. Well done fellas.

nbarrow - Turning Point goodies. And....I've never been the owner of a magnum before, kinda exciting.

scriffer - Really good mix of bottles and definitely looking forward to the Black Tuesday & vintage Sucaba once it's not 95F.
AggieStout
AG
A nice weekend.

maca1028
Tine AF!!!

Let's go Rockets!!!
Jock 07
AG
Interesting beer
LCE
AG
Went to Horseshoe Bay this weekend. Swung by Save the World Brewery. Their Biere de Garde is very good. Hard style to come by in Texas
AggieOO
heading to Galveston for the next couple days for work. Are either of the breweries there worth a visit?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Galveston Island Brewing has some decent stuff. Not much to the brewery itself though. Not sure what other one your talking about as there are only two others on the island. Don't know much about Beerfoot but I have heard some good things about Devil and the Deep. Haven't tried them yet though.
MathNewman06
AG
AggieOO said:

heading to Galveston for the next couple days for work. Are either of the breweries there worth a visit?

I enjoyed galveston island brewing.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Make sure you stop at Nobi in Webster on the way down to Galveston. I have a work conf in Galveston in every summer and the stop there and at the Petrol Station are always my favorite parts of the trip.
AggieOO
Lucky #007 said:

Galveston Island Brewing has some decent stuff. Not much to the brewery itself though. Not sure what other one your talking about as there are only two others on the island. Don't know much about Beerfoot but I have heard some good things about Devil and the Deep. Haven't tried them yet though.
was referring to Galveston Island Brewing and Beerfoot. Quick google only showed those two.

I haven't been to galveston in years.
TXAG 05
AG
jah003 said:

wessimo said:

Is craft beer dying? At bunker hill HEB for the first time in a while and the growler station is gone. Plus there's three cases of KBS just sitting out.
Seems supply has finally caught up with (and surpassed) demand in Texas. Unless of course it's hazy IPA's or pastry stouts.

This. The market is so flooded now, there are new breweries opening up all the time. "When everybody is special, nobody is special."
wessimo
AG

Continuing to drink down my meager cellar, 2014 Barleywine.

One week from today we (me, wife, 3 kids) are departing on a year long family sabbatical. First stop is Germany, where I first fell in love with beer. The Reinheitsgebot kind of limits the experimentation there but the Germans still brew some damn fine beers.
La Fours
AG
That's very cool that you get to take a year off and travel the world with your family.
reesei10
Can't wait for this place to open!
AggieOO
Where in RR will it be? I never saw where.
jah003
S
AggieOO said:

Right behind hopdoddy... where every new restaurant in RR seems to go...
Chipotlemonger
AG
Lots of great beer and things on this page of the thread, figured I might add to it. First beer back in Austin at our new residence, we thought it fitting to have this great saison from the state we just left. Feels good to be back in Texas though!

Even though we're just renting, this is both me and my fiance's first true house. This afternoon I had my first own backyard beer, ever. It was a pretty great feeling.
Jock 07
AG
First time trying golden nugget tonight, of the TG regulars, I think I prefer Pompeii
AggieOO
jah003 said:

AggieOO said:

Right behind hopdoddy... where every new restaurant in RR seems to go...
damn. i'll just stick to the original location then for the most part. No direct way to get to that area, so it'll probably take longer even though its probably closer to me.
AggieOO
oh, and I have to say Galveston Island Brewing is pretty solid. I have a new inside rep that seemed to screw everything up, so I've been working my way through the taps while doing his job. Good thing I don't have my own job to do...
Chipotlemonger
AG

Heck of a beer from Bisselll Brothers.

Anyone ever beer trip to Maine?
CDub06
AG
My wife and I did a New England trip a couple of years ago. What a gorgeous piece of the country. There were some breweries on the itinerary. Didn't really know about Bissell beforehand, but I really enjoyed our stop there and they have become a force. Oxbow & Rising Tide were our other stops in Portland - less memorable.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
We did Vermont last October and had a blast. Fully intended to get to Maine, but it didn't work out. Hill Farmstead and The Alchemist made up for it though.

Flights to Boston are cheap and you can get some pretty awesome Airbnbs up there for decent prices.
Bmac04
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Heck of a beer from Bisselll Brothers.

Anyone ever beer trip to Maine?
Maine is a great beer trip. Went a couple years ago. Tons of breweries, great bars and great food.
First Page Last Page
Page 1348 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.