Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,387 Views | 62645 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by FancyKetchup14
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Stout weather...
AggieStout
AG
jah003 said:

Stout weather...

Very nice. I've got a set just hanging out waiting for me to get thirsty
Scriffer
AG
Got the last 4 pack of Moon Shoes yesterday.

La Fours
AG
Nice. I hope you like it. I
Scriffer
AG
Wife and I are both impressed
Mustang1
AG
This could be interesting:

jh0400
AG
I'm going to try to track some of that down, but I need to avoid skipping out for hours during the middle of the day on my first week back at work since I broke my leg in December.
K Bo
AG
Central Market tweeted out a picture of not a collab in store
jh0400
AG
If Twitter is accurate, it's plentiful. Seeing it several places with no limit.
K Bo
AG
Yeah, seems to be the case. My local HEB (San Felipe/Fountainview) won't get it til tomorrow and Total Wine at San Felipe/S Post Oak said tomorrow or Thursday.
maca1028
We're spending the weekend in Galveston, I definitely need to get me some of that!
Chipotlemonger
AG

Awesome double IPA. Tropical aroma and tastes. Lives up to the hype for me.
p-wonk01
AG
In Portland until Thursday...they have any good beer places here? I kid.

Probably hit up Cascade, Great Notion, Hair of the Dog. Any other recs? I've been to a few dozen here over the years, but it's been a while
Jock 07
AG
Love me some SoS
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I may live in IPAtopia, but the home team needs a hometown beer...

If this beer were made in Denver, it'd be right up there with Station 26 Juicy Banger and Comrade Superpower for non-hazy IPAs
streetfighter2012
AG
Wife and I are headed up to Boston for Memorial Day and a few days after. Any suggestions for breweries, bars, restaurants, and other touristy stops? We aren't sure if we will rent a car, but already have tickets for a Red Sox game a trip to Trillium, and freedom trail planned.
AggieStout
AG
I think the green was better than the white and red.
p-wonk01
AG
http://imgur.com/gallery/BCzdNzr

Cascade Barrel House
txag2008
AG
Was just there 2 weeks ago with my wife.

• Realize that the Trillium location on Congress St isn't for onsite consumption. Cans/bottles/growlers to go. If you're in the area (right by Trillium) go to Fort Point Market & Craft Beer Cellar to buy other cans/bottles.
  • When you get to the end of Freedom Trail (Bunker Hill), keep walking a few more blocks and go to Brewers Fork. Up in this direction is also Mystic Brewing.
  • Lamplighter Brewing by MIT
cc10106
Digging what I've tried from Hudson Valley Brewing so far. Nice flavor combo here of blackberry, vanilla bean and lingering hops on the finish. Not too sweet or sour.

Robert C. Christian
AG
streetfighter2012 said:

Wife and I are headed up to Boston for Memorial Day and a few days after. Any suggestions for breweries, bars, restaurants, and other touristy stops? We aren't sure if we will rent a car, but already have tickets for a Red Sox game a trip to Trillium, and freedom trail planned.

Paging mattjaxson.
La Fours
AG
That looks awesome.
jetch17
AG
streetfighter2012 said:

same here in August
Scriffer
AG
This week or next, Trillium opens their Beer Garden for the summer at the corner of Atlantic and High Street downtown. I stumbled upon it opening day last year; long wait at 5:00, but it was worth it.
CDub06
AG
Boston is a fantastic city.

As was said previously, the Trillium location on congress is just a bottle shop. But next door is Row 34, which is an Excellent restaurant with a tremendous tap list. Worth the stop if you're over there picking up bottles.

Trillium has been opening a beer garden on the Greenway during the summer, that's the spot to go for on-site consumption in the city: http://www.trilliumbrewing.com/greenway-garden/

Night Shift is great. If you want to hunker down for a while, Ciao pizza is nearby and they deliver to the brewery. Mystic and Idle Hands aren't too far away, but Night Shift was my favorite of the group.

Neptune Oyster is an amazing spot for oysters or lobster rolls. It's right off the freedom trail.

You definitely don't need a car if you're staying in Boston (Unless you want to go out to Lexington/Concord). Plus who wants to pay for parking?
DonaldFDraper
AG
Not to hijack the Boston recommendations but the wife and I are headed to Seattle over Memorial Day. Any recommendations there? Beer, food, drinks, hiking, other are all welcome.
62strat
AG
DonaldFDraper said:

Not to hijack the Boston recommendations but the wife and I are headed to Seattle over Memorial Day. Any recommendations there? Beer, food, drinks, hiking, other are all welcome.
Yeh I'd recommend you do all that while in Seattle.
streetfighter2012
AG
Thanks for all of the suggestions!
K Bo
AG
Anyone try Not a Collab yesterday? I have a work HH at Kirby Ice house and looks like they've still got it on draft.
lne2011
AG
Nothing earth shattering, but definitely a solid IPA.
K Bo
AG
Good enough for me. I'll def be giving it a shot given the chance.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Collaboration beer between Yazoo out of Nashville and The Rare Barrel. Was finishing up some errands and it sounded like a nice stop on the way home. They named it reSOURces. Saison aged in red wine barrels a year. I've never had Rare Barrel...does this count?

Hudson2508
AG
When passions collide with real work.

Was a really cool project and look forward to seeing where this brewery goes. He was previously the head brewery at Blue Owl. Going to focus on farmhouse beers so right up my alley. They'll be open in Wimberley soon so check them out. Great guys.
AggieStout
AG
Beer mail and recent purchases
p-wonk01
AG
Great day in Portland!

Roscoe's (met franchisee)

Belmont Station (one of the best bottle shops I've been to)

Great Notion Brewery

Bemont Station

First Page Last Page
Page 1345 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.