Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,672,954 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

One of my all time favorite beers, if not favorite. Was saving it for a special occasion. I had yet to get a nice bottle out of my cellar to celebrate my engagement.

Glad you were able to trade this one to me, Harrison. Thanks.
JamesBREI06
AG
Anybody here going to the Sigma Christmas dinner?
Whoop!
Jock 07
AG
Very nice and very jealous. I've heard on multiple occasions of how amazing that beer is. I missed out on the first go round of it and am holding out hope it gets released again.
62strat
AG
jetch17 said:

Willowbrook is too thoed these days
isn't there a brewery right there now? I also see bar Louie has opened a location at willowbrook. The ones here in Denver are always packed.
Man I remember driving from louetta to willowbrook on the at grade surface two lane highway. Amazing how much changes in 25 years. Already went from podunk, to developed and thriving, to ghetto?
cc10106
inoffensive username said:

Anybody here going to the Sigma Christmas dinner?
I'm not attending the dinner, but I had Murry Fuggin Chrimmus last weekend, and it's fantastic.
62strat
AG
Jock 07 said:

Greatest cease and desist of all time
ISO Dilly Dilly DIPA

I think that was set up. Sure, maybe brewery didn't know, but the one filming did. The video starts before the guy even comes inside. On either side of the door is solid walls, so he wouldn't have seen him out in the parking lot.. Even if he does see a guy out there with the big goofy hat on; why would you just start recording? I call this a PR move to soften the hearts of craft beer drinkers/anti-InBev people.
62strat
AG
Any homebrewers in here want to upgrade or add on to your faucets?
I have 4 perlick 525ss for sale. Small flat rate box is only about $6.50, so not too bad.

$30 ea., or buy all 4 for $110 w/free shipping. I'll throw in several extra orings. No shank parts or handles.

Hudson2508
AG
Look what I found...

I know it's probably not as good as the original but I'm super excited to try it.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Picked my CBS up at lunch.
Topher17
AG
Any CS folks know when we should be seeing some CBS? I called Spec's yesterday and they seem to be clueless.
jah003
S
Who let you buy 2? My guy has a one bottle limit.
lne2011
AG
62strat said:

jetch17 said:

Willowbrook is too thoed these days
isn't there a brewery right there now? I also see bar Louie has opened a location at willowbrook. The ones here in Denver are always packed.
Man I remember driving from louetta to willowbrook on the at grade surface two lane highway. Amazing how much changes in 25 years. Already went from podunk, to developed and thriving, to ghetto?

11 Below is near there.
Hudson2508
AG
The Westlake HEB. Most of the HEBs had 2pp limits that I saw.

I'll probably throw one of these in my fantasy football box since I didn't make the playoffs.
turfman80
AG
Topher17 said:

Any CS folks know when we should be seeing some CBS? I called Spec's yesterday and they seem to be clueless.
Sorry, but LaFours and I have all the B/CS allotment locked up
Mort Rainey
Has anyone opened their CBS yet? I am aging one but am planning to open the other this weekend. I've heard mixed things, some people saying it is the best beer they've ever had. But I've also heard people saying the maple has lighter than they think and it is over-hyped. I'd love to hear a personal take from someone who has opened one from this batch!
maca1028
No CBS in Houston yet
La Fours
AG
turfman80 said:

Topher17 said:

Sorry, but LaFours and I have all the B/CS allotment locked up

I bet he was the guy who bought all the bcbs at tower point.

J/k. Talked to Specs friends today and they think maybe Thursday cbs arrives. Wtf knows.
NColoradoAG
Buddy Sorrell said:

Has anyone opened their CBS yet? I am aging one but am planning to open the other this weekend. I've heard mixed things, some people saying it is the best beer they've ever had. But I've also heard people saying the maple has lighter than they think and it is over-hyped. I'd love to hear a personal take from someone who has opened one from this batch!
I think it would be unwise to age a coffee maple stout for much more than a few months. Maybe 6 tops if you keep it in the fridge.
Jock 07
AG
Buddy Sorrell said:

Haven't opened mine yet either but I'm hearing the same things here. It'll be pretty disappointing if the maple is weak but unfortunately, with the direction that founders seems to have taken lately, not all that surprising.
aggiemike02
AG
its here buddy. picked up one today at WF woodlands over lunch.
Topher17
AG
I wish! I didn't catch any of the BCBS that actually hit here.
La Fours
AG
Topher17 said:

Rumor is one dude bought the whole case that tower point H-E-B got.
Mort Rainey
NColoradoAG said:

Buddy Sorrell said:

I think it would be unwise to age a coffee maple stout for much more than a few months. Maybe 6 tops if you keep it in the fridge.
Oh i didn't realize that. Why wouldn't it age well?
NColoradoAG
Buddy Sorrell said:

NColoradoAG said:

Buddy Sorrell said:

Oh i didn't realize that. Why wouldn't it age well?
Coffee beers rarely age gracefully. Coffee oxidizes easily and can turn to a green pepper kind of flavor. Maple flavor is also going to fall off fairly rapidly.

Some barrel aged coffee stouts tend to go through an arc though where the coffee flavor may pretty much disappear after 2 or 3 years. Bourbon County Coffee tends to go through that progression. But that begs the question of why would you buy a coffee stout to drink 3 years later with no coffee flavor.

Just my .02, but my suggestion would be to drink CBS fresh and enjoy it as the brewers intended.
AggieStout
AG
Topher17 said:

There is 5 cases sitting my specs down the road. Do you want some?
AggieStout
AG
Snagged 2 CBS's today. Anyone see any gigantic massive around Austin?
txag2008
AG
Nice. What do the bombers run?
jah003
S
txag2008 said:

Nice. What do the bombers run?
$24. Grabbed a couple as well.
Jock 07
AG
Oh I'm sure InBev game them a heads up, but that doesn't make it any less funny.
Topher17
AG
AggieStout said:

Topher17 said:

I would take some for sure if it isn't too much trouble.
krazyninja
AG
Any Ags on here live in the Northeast? Recently moved up here and I've hit a few local breweries in my area (Southern New Hampshire) and also made the trek to Alchemist, but looking for a new spot to try out this weekend.

I'm not opposed to driving a ways as long as they have cans to go and/or growler fills. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
hillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmsteadhillfarmstead

Little bit more of a drive, but depending on where you are might be the same as the trek to Stowe.
AggieStout
AG
Topher17 said:

AggieStout said:

Topher17 said:

I would take some for sure if it isn't too much trouble.
Nope, Ill stop by there tomorrow after work and pick some up, how many you want 3, 4, case? shoot me info bryandeschenes @ jee mail
ChipFTAC01
AG
Anyone seeing any CBS in Houston? The only place it's popped up on untappd is at the Sienna Plantation HEB. Probably not true.
jh0400
AG
A few of the Total Wines had it. Not sure how much.
First Page Last Page
Page 1284 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.