Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,049 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Celebrating old school Astros!!!

Ok, well, not really, but that would be a proper beer to celebrate with.
AgEng06
AG
Two Down said:

Woooooooooooo

Also good thing I don't have it tonight
Haha. If you're going to dome this thing, I insist on being present.
p-wonk01
AG
At Monkish Brewery in LA at the advice of BMAC. Highly recommend if you are ever out here. Da%$ great beer

Then Smog City across the street
dixie whiskey
AG
AggieStout said:

Did dixie whiskey lose his internet? Sent him a nice package should of showed up on Tuesday and haven't heard from him. Hopefully he got his BA pumpkinator alright

box arrived today (possibly yesterday, FedEx driver likes to leave **** in weird places and I could have missed it), my apologies for procrastinating on emails the last few days, been somewhat busy and my free time seemed to be 100% stressing the astros. but I was not expecting all that, thanks so much. can't wait to try these. and I'll have a box for you put together next week if that's ok with you, and it will definitely include big mistake as requested.

for the rest of yall wondering, contents were:
bourbon barrel pumpkinator (all I was expecting)
3x blood, sweat, and mostly tears, which might be down to 2 before tonight ends.
crowler of red horn the s.o.n. w coconut and cocoa nibs, which im extremely intrigued by. never had any red horn before but this sounds like a winner
dave99ag
AG
p-wonk01 said:

At Monkish Brewery in LA at the advice of BMAC. Highly recommend if you are ever out here. Da%$ great beer

Then Smog City across the street
Headed to LA next week. Need to see what's around the convention center as I don't think I'll rent a car.
NColoradoAG
Visited Austin Beerworks today. Great all around spot. All the beers were solid and that taproom is awesome.
K1372e
NColoradoAG said:

Visited Austin Beerworks today. Great all around spot. All the beers were solid and that taproom is awesome.
Best Brewery in Austin.
AggieOO
That son with coconut is one of my favorites. Have a crowler in the fridge.
AggieOO
NColoradoAG said:

As much as I agree, I miss the vibe of the old taproom.
Jock 07
AG
This showed up in town today
Dilly Dilly

reesei10
Thanks Bookman!

Fantastic!
Bmac04
AG
Anyone else signing up for the new Lost Abbey membership? Guaranteed 2 bottles of Cable Car and get to buy DDG when it's released.
steve00
AG
I just did after BSD reminded me about it. Looks like a pretty good deal.
Hudson2508
AG
I'm interested but don't see anything on it on their website. Got a link?
Bmac04
AG
Just sent you one
reesei10
I am really enjoying this beer, and the can looks cool too!

Hops and Grain - Pellets and Powder ( hard to read from the can). This is the second beer that I've had that I know of that is using Lupulin Power.
big-ag
AG
Jamaican Rum BA Legion is very very good.
La Fours
AG
Won a free 32oz growler and fill Thursday. Decided to get Brash Cortado. Decided to drink it while watching The Dark Tower. Dark beer for The Dark Tower. This is my first time having Cortado. It's pretty good.
DaveHimself
AG
big-ag said:

Good to hear, I picked one up yesterday not knowing what barrels they used this time. Can't wait to try it.
turfman80
AG
La Fours said:

Won a free 32oz growler and fill Thursday. Decided to get Brash Cortado. Decided to drink it while watching The Dark Tower. Dark beer for The Dark Tower. This is my first time having Cortado. It's pretty good.
Who in town has Cortado? I love that beer. Eskimo?
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
La Fours
AG
Gogh Gogh Coffee
steve00
AG
Seems my store just got some in.
AggieOO
DaveHimself said:

big-ag said:

Good to hear, I picked one up yesterday not knowing what barrels they used this time. Can't wait to try it.

Will have to grab some. Didn't like last year's, so was hesitant, even though it's rum this time around.
big-ag
AG
Yeah the MacAllan was harsh. This year's may be my favorite.
Jock 07
AG
Very nice
maca1028
I haven't traded in a while and I have a couple of JK fruited sours, what's fair asking value these days? Would BA stouts like bottle logic or cycle be within reason?
Represent830
AG
maca1028 said:

I haven't traded in a while and I have a couple of JK fruited sours, what's fair asking value these days? Would BA stouts like bottle logic or cycle be within reason?

Depends on which ones, but they aren't as valuable as they once were. Atrial is still pretty high and could easily land you a cycle stout. MvB always seems to trade well too. I'd say most outside Atrial go for anywhere from $40-$70 secondary. I've had to go multiples to land Bottle Logic.
maca1028
Oh well, guess I'll be drinking them.
maca1028
Proper glassware
Hugo Stiglitzz
Bmac, if you're listening, I hate you...and the Lions defense...and the Packers offense...and fantasy football...
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hugo Stiglitzz said:

Bmac, if you're listening, I hate you...and the Lions defense...and the Packers offense...and fantasy football...

That's just brutal
Bmac04
jetch17
AG
cooooold bloooded
zephyrtexan
AG
That whole league is just crazy right now. Seriously. First through seventh place are all tied at 5-4.

Never seen that happen before.
zephyrtexan
AG
On a beer-related note, if anyone loves a good Belgian Strong Golden Ale and is in the East Austin area, Lazarus on E 6th st. took their gold-medal (GABF) winning Belgian ale (Amandus) and aged it seven months in Chardonnay barrels.

They're $18 a bottle and maybe one of the best beers I've ever tasted in my life.
First Page Last Page
Page 1271 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.