Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,480 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by steve00
dixie whiskey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MathNewman06 said:

dixie whiskey said:

this sounds amazing. i hope im able to land one after missing on hammer smashed face.

Hammer Smashed Face will be released again at their anniversary party in October, before the firewalker comes out.

**** yeah. theres still hope. as much as i love brash, i need this beer if for no other reason its name. cannibal corpse was one of my favorite bands back in the day. still are i guess but i havent kept up with their newer stuff like i used to. my friends and i even used to cover hammer smashed face in our attempt at a band in high school.
Jock 07
AG
Hotel beers
Chipotlemonger
AG

Great collab beer. Not sure if this one is going to be made again, but I highly recommend seeking it out if it is. Well-balanced, flavorful, and perfectly carbed saison. Thanks again, Hudson.
AgEng06
AG
My wife sent me this stupid list because the Texas entry is Atrial, but I thought some of you might find the other states interesting...

The Best Beer From Every State
http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/beerandcider/the-best-beer-from-every-state/ss-BBzxzo5?li=BBnb7Kw&fullscreen=true#image=1

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
AgEng06 said:

My wife sent me this stupid list because the Texas entry is Atrial, but I thought some of you might find the other states interesting...

The Best Beer From Every State
http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/beerandcider/the-best-beer-from-every-state/ss-BBzxzo5?li=BBnb7Kw&fullscreen=true#image=1

Cool list...

And because I hate slideshows...

Deslided Link
AgEng06
AG
Oh nice. I didn't know how to deslide it, so thanks for that. I will definitely use that going forward.
Objective Aggie
AG
So I have been in an IPA phase.

Two that have been great from Texas are Mosaic and Deep Ellen. Not exactly rare finds I know. But I have had some bad IPAs - what do you guys suggest if I like those two??
Scriffer
AG
Lone Pint - Yellow Rose
Peticolas - Sit Down or I'll Sit You Down (only available on tap/growler in Dallas)
ChipFTAC01
AG
As far as easily available stuff in Texas both Two Hearted Ale and AM I Right or Amarillo by Bell's stand out.
dave99ag
AG
I've been a fan of Brazos Valley Brewing's Mama Tried (citra IPA).
maca1028
I'm stuck on this one...

because I bought a case.
AgEng06
AG
I've been working my way through a sixer of Meta Modern and really like it. I hope I can still find some on my next HEB trip.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Meta or Mega?

The distribution guy didn't even try to sell Mega to our HEB. Told them it was $16.99 a six pack and would have been a hard sale there. Yep. Those $300k houses around it are way too hard up for cash to spend that.
AgEng06
AG
Meta Modern by Oasis Brewing in Austin
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Meta should be pretty easy to come by. They just put out Mega Modern a DIPA in Houston.
maca1028
Lucky #007 said:

Meta should be pretty easy to come by. They just put out Mega Modern a DIPA in Houston.

It'll be cheaper at the Baytown HEB when it opens up, you'll have to dig through the Busch light to find it though.
reesei10
This is good! Way more sour than I expected and the most sour that is have had from JK that I can remember, but I have an RU55 in the fridge that I haven't had in a while. On a side note, does any one else get a little sneezy stuffy when they drink some of JK's offerings, or is it just st my crazy nose.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I think objectively speaking RU55 is more sour. Honestly a bomber of it is a lot of sour for one. I split my last RU55 with a buddy and enjoyed it better that way.

Both beers are of course excellent.

Ol Oi is a great beer, however I am biased towards the Oud Bruin style.
IronRed13
AG
turfman80 said:

This one is touching all the bases!

That's a great NEIPA! Picked up a few packs of that and Boxer on vacation in Traverse City last week. Think Boxer barely edges out M43 but both are awesome!
cc10106
Lucky #007 said:

Meta or Mega?

The distribution guy didn't even try to sell Mega to our HEB. Told them it was $16.99 a six pack and would have been a hard sale there. Yep. Those $300k houses around it are way too hard up for cash to spend that.
I bought some at HEB Montrose last week for $14.99. Houston didn't get a lot relative to the batch size. Same ol ***** I bet Smith St still has it.
lne2011
AG
DNEIPA!? This is the first I've heard of one.

jah003
S
Spending a few days cleaning/purging/organizing the house... Stumbled upon this today.

The good 'Ol days man...
AggieOO
Brother in law lives in Cali and found out about jester king. He wants me to bring a bottle to Wisconsin in a couple weeks when we all meet for 4th of July. I'm not standing in line with the neckbeards to get him a bottle of anything brewery released, so what would be a good bottle to grab from a bottle shop here in Austin that would be a good representation of these nasty ass sours you guys pretend to like?
jah003
S
AggieOO said:

Brother in law lives in Cali and found out about jester king. He wants me to bring a bottle to Wisconsin in a couple weeks when we all meet for 4th of July. I'm not standing in line with the neckbeards to get him a bottle of anything brewery released, so what would be a good bottle to grab from a bottle shop here in Austin that would be a good representation of these nasty ass sours you guys pretend to like?
Bet RU55, Ol Oi or even Foudre is still hanging around Austin somewhere. Any of those would be a solid pick up.
62strat
AG
Lucky #007 said:

Told them it was $16.99 a six pack and would have been a hard sale there. Yep. Those $300k houses around it are way too hard up for cash to spend that.
Funny how relative this statement is. Right now in Denver, $300k is a cheap ass house, and the person living there is probably renting and buys $18 24 packs!
jetch17
AG
AggieOO said:

Tell him to bring you a bunch of that nasty ass Pliny IPA from cali and I'll take it off your hands and pretend to like it
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Apparently it is in Austin too. Luckily in League City these are brand new 3000sf houses with nice build outs inside. My parents live in Meyerland in Houston and $300k gets you a rundown ranch house from the 50s. Half the time when they go up for sale the owners level the house to make the lot more attractive for a quick sale. That $300k has basically nothing to do with the house in their neighborhood.
La Fours
AG
My mom grew up in Meyerland/Westbury. My grandparents still lived there until about 6 years ago off Bellfort.
Hudson2508
AG

This one is awesome, not sure who sent this one to me but thanks. Anyone know when this was bottled and sold?
MathNewman06
AG
Date Brewed: May 23, 2013
Date Racked: June 21, 2013
Date Bottled: July 21, 2014
Beer style in bbl: Russian Imperial Stout
Type of Barrel: Woodford Reserve Bourbon Barrels
jh0400
AG
BSD
AG
Small beer haul from Cali.

jetch17
AG
Lordy.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That glass is awesome
AggieOO
jetch17 said:

AggieOO said:

Tell him to bring you a bunch of that nasty ass Pliny IPA from cali and I'll take it off your hands and pretend to like it

He lives in LA, so basically no chance for RR.
First Page Last Page
Page 1219 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.