Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,679,086 Views | 62663 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by Objective Aggie
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thinking about going tomorrow...
Represent830
AG
maca1028 said:

Thinking about going tomorrow...

Tomorrow ain't Saturday

62strat
AG
Scriffer said:

Well first a man and woman fall in love....

Yada yada yada...

You go on a vacation when she's pregnant.
I have to say.. you have some balls calling a solo hiking/beer drinking trip a month before your wife pops a child out a babymoon!

My wife got quite a crack out of it.. 'wait, he's going by himself??? Why is that called a babymoon?!?!'

Get a hold of me, I need to know some dates.
Scriffer
AG
That was a collective "you". She's definitely here. She has a work event in town, so I'm on my own tonight.

Started by grabbing 4-packs is Trillium at their retail shop. Now standing in line at the grand opening of their brand new beer garden downtown.
Scriffer
AG
DDH Sleeper Street

Scriffer
AG
Motueka Pale Ale. Probably should have had this first.

62strat
AG
Scriffer said:

That was a collective "you". She's definitely here. She has a work event in town, so I'm on my own tonight.

Started by grabbing 4-packs is Trillium at their retail shop. Now standing in line at the grand opening of their brand new beer garden downtown.
Oh crap I got you mixed up with Represent.. he's taking a solo baby moon to CO next week.

Rep get a hold of me!
Scriffer
AG
62strat said:

Scriffer said:

Oh crap I got you mixed up with Represent.. he's taking a solo baby moon to CO next week.

Rep get a hold of me!

Confusing me with Rep is quite possibly the most insulting thing that's ever happened on TexAgs.

I demand satisfaction.

turfman80
AG
Scriffer said:

DDH Sleeper Street

No Bat Soup For You
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Babymoon?

Every man that knocks his old lady up should be pushing this idea. Having a full time DD on vacation is way underrated.

Represent830
AG
Scriffer said:

62strat said:

Scriffer said:

Rep get a hold of me!

Confusing me with Rep is quite possibly the most insulting thing that's ever happened on TexAgs.

I demand satisfaction.

You're damn right I'm insulted. I ain't no IPA-drinking and manboob growing endurodork.

Also, if you are going together it's a babymoon. If you're going solo or with the guys, it's a dadchelor party.
maca1028
Dadchelor party...I had one of those...I remember more from my bachelor party.
AggieOO
Represent830 said:

Scriffer said:

62strat said:

Scriffer said:

Rep get a hold of me!

I demand satisfaction.

You're damn right I'm insulted. I ain't no IPA-drinking and manboob growing endurodork.

Also, if you are going together it's a babymoon. If you're going solo or with the guys, it's a dadchelor party.
scriffer is far from an endurodork these days. he's only marginally better than dave.
dave99ag
AG
I've ridden my trainer two days in a row so far and I did hike Emory Peak last weekend.

Speaking of that... it was a deathmarch on the way back. Wife's knee was causing her trouble and all those steps were killer for her. We, ok, I did enjoy a few good beers at Starlight in Terlingua that evening.
AggieOO
dave99ag said:

I've ridden my trainer two days in a row so far and I did hike Emory Peak last weekend.

Speaking of that... it was a deathmarch on the way back. Wife's knee was causing her trouble and all those steps were killer for her. We, ok, I did enjoy a few good beers at Starlight in Terlingua that evening.
it was a deathmarch back down for our friends. I felt like I hadn't done anything when we were done b/c we were moving so slow. Took 7 hours!

To make this beer related, we went straight to the lodge and I had a Big Bend Hefe and a couple Claras.
jetch17
AG
Happy bday BSD
Represent830
AG
"Marginally better than Dave"

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
Represent830
AG
Speaking of Big Bend, San Antonio folks Gabriels on 1604 and Blanco had their Hefe. I dare say it's up there Live Oak. I hesitate to say better for fearing of being murdered by somebody on this board.
AggieOO
Represent830 said:

Speaking of Big Bend, San Antonio folks Gabriels on 1604 and Blanco had their Hefe. I dare say it's up there Live Oak. I hesitate to say better for fearing of being murdered by somebody on this board.
I actually agree. I think live Oak is better, but not by much. Not surprising since Big Bend was started by the former head brewer at Live Oak.
Chipotlemonger
AG
jetch17 said:

Happy bday BSD

BSD's birthday? Happy birthday!
Hudson2508
AG
Just a heads up to the Austin folk, Oasis Mega Modern Double IPA is really really good and seeing limited distribution this week. If you see it I would grab some to try.
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

Just a heads up to the Austin folk, Oasis Mega Modern Double IPA is really really good and seeing limited distribution this week. If you see it I would grab some to try.
Still on tap at the brewery? Working a half day Monday and my drive home takes me right by the brewery.
Represent830
AG
AggieOO said:

Represent830 said:

I actually agree. I think live Oak is better, but not by much. Not surprising since Big Bend was started by the former head brewer at Live Oak.

Yep. Very, very close.
reesei10
I love it when Beer Camp comes out!

Hudson2508
AG
I would imagine they have plenty at the brewery.
maca1028
I've never bought one of those, guess I need to start.
Scriffer
AG
Probably worth the price of admission just fit the Ayinger.
Scriffer
AG
And screw you guys!
wessimo
AG
I can confirm. The Ayinger is probably the best one in the box.
La Fours
AG
Was in Houston today for my son's birthday over by Memorial City Mall area. Made a stop at Bunker Hill H-E-B on the way back to CS to grab some Yellow Rose. #properglassware

Scriffer
AG
Hotel beer

reesei10
Drank this tonight. It was very good. The cloudiness makes you think this beer was going to be thick, but it was dry. I was impressed. Also on a side note, Red Horn purges their crowelrrs with CO2 Before they fill.
62strat
AG
reesei10 said:

Also on a side note, Red Horn purges their crowelrrs with CO2 Before they fill.
that should be standard for anyone filling them.
dave99ag
AG
Scriffer said:

And screw you guys!
Don't lie. You need us. Who's going to listen to your thoughts on a hazy-AF NE IPA? Your better half?
dixie whiskey
AG
so far im 4 deep into the beer camp box i got earlier in the week. kiuchi was ok, but white ales arent my thing. ayinger was really good as expected, treehouse was solid, and i surprisingly loved the mikkeller. im sure the licorice flavor makes it pretty divisive, but it works for me. might try another one tonight, but ive got growlers of b52 breakfast and cortado to work on as well, and ive been wanting to give col toby a try.

how was the bruery raspberry sundae? im actually pretty excited to try it but i guess im in the minority from what ive gathered online. though most of the whining seemed to be from people who have yet to drink it.
First Page Last Page
Page 1212 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.