Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,166 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by maca1028
AggieStout
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hennyj15 said:

Just read the email all the way through.

You will also have the opportunity to purchase:
1 additional Assassin Teku ($15 each)
1 additional KBBS glass ($15 each)
1 Assassin T-shirts (as available in sizes Small-XXXL) ($20 each)
4 additional bottles of beer maximum (beer to be determined)

I wonder what the other 4 bottles will be...
Someone want to purchase the additional KBBS glass for me? Will pay you double.
Scriffer
AG
I think 6

Bookman
Turfman
LaFours
jh
BSD's wife
henny

Unreal
AgEng06
AG
Scriffer said:

I think 6

notScriffer
notScriffer
notScriffer
notScriffer
notScriffer
notScriffer

Unreal
FIFY
Represent830
AG
jh0400 said:

Dear Joshua,

On January 13th, 2017, Toppling Goliath will be holding a simultaneous release of two show-stopping barrel-aged beers, Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout (KBBS) and Assassin Imperial Stout. You are one of 1000 lucky ticket winners that are invited to the Toppling Goliath taproom in Decorah, Iowa, where, for $200 you can purchase this impressive boxed set of brews. Haha, nah JK you didn't win. Included will be:
2 bottles (22 oz. each) of Assassin, a rich Imperial Stout aged for over a year in Kentucky Bourbon barrels
1 piece of Assassin glassware
1 bottle (12 oz.) of Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout, an intensely aromatic beer with a blend of espresso and maple syrup, packaged in a limited-edition, branded wooden box
1 piece of KBBS glassware.
AgEng06
AG
AggieStout said:

The Avery vanilla bean stout is really good. I ordered my self another bottle that will arrive today
Where have you been ordering from? Is it pretty easy/painless?
BSD
AG
jh0400 said:

dave99ag said:

Please post wife / gf reactions to winning a beer lottery.

My wife wasn't amused.

How do you think mine feels? she technically won so she HAS to go with me or I don't get the beer. She has to go cold as **** MSP and Iowa for something I want. Iowa!!!. She hate me. But do you think I give a ****? Let me explain myself thru a picture...

AggieStout
AG
Unfortunately, it was at first because the good places dont ship to texas but my brother lives in Idaho so he is allowing me to ship to him and then he will ship to me. one of the good ones i have found was craft beer kings
BSD
AG
La Fours said:

Brad sounds hideous.

Funny...Mine says the same thing everyday. And she's 100% correct!
dave99ag
AG
AgEng06
AG
Thanks. I'd need one that ships to Texas, so that might limit my options.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
BSD said:

jh0400 said:

dave99ag said:

Please post wife / gf reactions to winning a beer lottery.

My wife wasn't amused.

How do you think mine feels? she technically won so she HAS to go with me or I don't get the beer. She has to go cold as **** MSP and Iowa for something I want. Iowa!!!. She hate me. But do you think I give a ****? Let me explain myself thru a picture...

My wife actually wants to go with me but it wouldn't let me purchase a separate ticket. I'm guessing she can come in at 4:30 when the tap room opens to the public.

She hates beer but loves going on dates to breweries so she wants to make a weekend out of it...
BSD
AG
I'm really hoping I can at least stand in line with her since I'm going. Or else she'll really be pissed! She's done Dark Lord Day a few times but she's always been drinking while there. This will be a little different with no taps open, unless people are sharing bottles.
NColoradoAG
BSD said:

I'm really hoping I can at least stand in line with her since I'm going. Or else she'll really be pissed! She's done Dark Lord Day a few times but she's always been drinking while there. This will be a little different with no taps open, unless people are sharing bottles.
If it's anything like Mornin Delight, there won't be much of a line. These pickup times make me think they are going to have a table where they check your ID and you pay, then move people through a queue, hand them bottles, let them buy additional IPA bottles, and then move them out.

Also, be prepared to park a long way from the brewery. When I was out there the first parking spot I found was about a mile down the road from the taproom. Spots may be opening faster though because I get the feeling this is a "get your bottles and leave" type deal. It sounds like Assassin is going to be on tap at a lot of places around town.
maca1028
How many people on here signed up?
jh0400
AG
I told my wife I didn't have time to go to Sonoma in January. She was nice enough to remind me of that a few minutes ago when she called. My TG trip is in serious jeopardy at the moment.
La Fours
AG
jh0400 said:

I told my wife I didn't have time to go to Sonoma in January. She was nice enough to remind me of that a few minutes ago when she called. My TG trip is in serious jeopardy at the moment.
Oh damn. Maybe make a slight detour on the way to Sonoma?
Hudson2508
AG
Hudson2508
AG
But seriously, congrats guys. How did 6 tickets out of a 1000 go to this thread!?! That is insanity.
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

But seriously, congrats guys. How did 6 tickets out of a 1000 go to this thread!?! That is insanity.

Cause A&M football... The universe owed us one.
NColoradoAG
jah003 said:

Hudson2508 said:

Cause A&M football... The universe owed us one.
Yes! Yes, this is what I choose to believe.

No Bat Soup For You
AG
Hudson2508 said:

Everyone on this thread should pitch in for a powerball drawing when it gets to $200 million.
Represent830
AG
hennyj15 said:

Hudson2508 said:

Everyone on this thread should pitch in for a powerball drawing when it gets to $200 million.
This is what I was thinking as well.
AggieStout
AG
I didn't ask my wife during sign up time. I told her about everyone that won on here and that some people signed their wives up. She just said "why didn't you sign me up, I would of gone".
Jock 07
AG
hennyj15 said:

Hudson2508 said:

I'm down and safe as I didn't enter this lotto.
Jock 07
AG
AggieStout said:

I didn't ask my wife during sign up time. I told her about everyone that won on here and that some people signed their wives up. She just said "why didn't you sign me up, I would of gone".

She says that now
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
The last few pages. Wow.
AgEng06
AG
How about an actual beer pic after all the excitement...

Also picked up a Pirate Bomb, Pirate Noir, Prairie Noir, Christmas Bomb, Figlet, and Vernal Dichotomous this evening. North Austin guys... Lakeline Total Wine has them sitting on the shelf.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Pirate bomb just sitting on the shelf?
reesei10
AgEng06 said:

How about an actual beer pic after all the excitement...

Also picked up a Pirate Bomb, Pirate Noir, Prairie Noir, Christmas Bomb, Figlet, and Vernal Dichotomous this evening. North Austin guys... Lakeline Total Wine has them sitting on the shelf.
I had that beer, but I liked Austin Beer Works Bloodwork Orange better.
AgEng06
AG
Yep. I was surprised to see it as well. I grabbed 2.
AgEng06
AG
They're pretty close to me. I actually think I rated them the same on untappd.
Hudson2508
AG
Prairie must have upped their production on Pirate Bomb bc it has been all over Austin with this last shipment. Sitting on the shelf all over the place.

Pretty pumped about Sputnik in cans Sunday. Also looking forward to opening some special bottles for my birthday.
Jock 07
AG
I know the question has been asked multiple times but I've never really paid attention since it wasn't relevant to me at the time. But my brother is up in NYC and willing to bring me back some stuff for Christmas. Any idea where I should send him and for what?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I picked up an Uinta Bourbon barrel aged stout because it was $7 for a bomber and you never see BBA for that price.

It's worth less than $7.
jah003
S
Drowning my sorrows and watching my actual Alma Mater play...
First Page Last Page
Page 1094 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.