Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,633,584 Views | 62598 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by txag2008
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Update on College Bowl LIF...

Currently at 19 entries. Still don't know who IronRed or Irrital Bowl Syndrome are. If I don't know who you are by the first game you get the boot. Still plenty of time to sign up, instructions on page 1086. Will likely be some Project Dank or other various La Cumbre in your box...
maca1028
jah003 said:

maca1028 said:

Is this the day we find out that nobody is going to Iowa?

FIFY

And yes...

That's more like it.
dave99ag
AG
jah003 said:

Will likely be some Project Dank or other various La Cumbre in your box...
Will it still be dank by the end of bowl season?
jah003
S
dave99ag said:

jah003 said:

Will likely be some Project Dank or other various La Cumbre in your box...
Will it still be dank by the end of bowl season?
Depends on when they release the next batch... Will be in Santa Fe the week after Christmas.
dave99ag
AG
Check out Duel Brewing if you haven't already.
corndog04
AG
Abyss release next Friday:

http://brewpublic.com/beer-and-food/the-abyss-release-celebration-brunch-at-deschutes-brewery-portland-public-house/
AggieStout
AG
jayelbee said:

Civil

I tried hitting a few spots on my way home to find a sixer of xocoveza, but came up empty. Did end up grabbing a BCBS, bcbw, and a lizard of koz
If your in Austin the HEB at parmer and McNeil had one left yesterday. I would have to check my inventory but i might have some left when I purchased a couple weeks ago. The wife and I didn't like it that much. Could send you the rest if i have some.
AggieStout
AG
corndog04 said:

Abyss release next Friday:

http://brewpublic.com/beer-and-food/the-abyss-release-celebration-brunch-at-deschutes-brewery-portland-public-house/
Interested in the Scotch and Brandy and how they turned out.
AggieStout
AG
At the Brass Tap release last weekend they had the Good Golly Miss Molly F.U.N. series 15 from Karbach which is the 3 legged lab aged in Jack Daniels barrels.

Sad thing was that the bartender did not recommend it at the time because their the beer wasnt ready yet and had no head to it. They said that they got the keg in early because there was supposed to be some private party there but the beer was not yet ready when it was pulled. Hopefully they get it all worked out and we see the release sometime soon.
Represent830
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

Thanks! I'm also concerned that you get 4 types 3x each. What if one of them sucks? Now you have a $35 9 pack. The convenience is nice. I think I'll stick to buying my crafts locally.

Exactly. I can't stand IPAs and sometimes I got two different ones. So a $35 6-pack. Luckily I didn't pay for it (Christmas gift) so I opened, tasted, then drained poured.

To be honest, it just sounds like a marketing deal for brewers who don't make good enough stuff to warrant hype. I had never heard of any of the breweries I was sent but it was before I got really into beer. Now that I think about it, I can't name a single one from the package now I'd remember or that maybe anyone here would.

I'd say if someone is getting it for you, sure. Try some
Local stuff from around the country. But it seems you are as into it as we are, so you're definitely better served buying locals on your shelves.
dave99ag
AG
My wife got me the Rare Beer Club last year and it was quite nice. I'd get 2 bombers of two different beers every month. Kept the subscription for about 6-8 months. You had the option to defer to another month or other beer if it was something you already had.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Holy *****

Quote:

Dear Matthew,

On January 13th, 2017, Toppling Goliath will be holding a simultaneous release of two show-stopping barrel-aged beers, Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout (KBBS) and Assassin Imperial Stout. You are one of 1000 lucky ticket winners that are invited to the Toppling Goliath taproom in Decorah, Iowa, where, for $200 you can purchase this impressive boxed set of brews. Included will be:
  • 2 bottles (22 oz. each) of Assassin, a rich Imperial Stout aged for over a year in Kentucky Bourbon barrels
  • 1 piece of Assassin glassware
  • 1 bottle (12 oz.) of Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout, an intensely aromatic beer with a blend of espresso and maple syrup, packaged in a limited-edition, branded wooden box
  • 1 piece of KBBS glassware.

Hugo Stiglitzz
jah003 said:

Update on College Bowl LIF...

Currently at 19 entries. Still don't know who IronRed or Irrital Bowl Syndrome are. If I don't know who you are by the first game you get the boot. Still plenty of time to sign up, instructions on page 1086. Will likely be some Project Dank or other various La Cumbre in your box...

Entries locked, Jah?
Scriffer
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Holy *****

Quote:

Dear Matthew,

On January 13th, 2017, Toppling Goliath will be holding a simultaneous release of two show-stopping barrel-aged beers, Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout (KBBS) and Assassin Imperial Stout. You are one of 1000 lucky ticket winners that are invited to the Toppling Goliath taproom in Decorah, Iowa, where, for $200 you can purchase this impressive boxed set of brews. Included will be:
  • 2 bottles (22 oz. each) of Assassin, a rich Imperial Stout aged for over a year in Kentucky Bourbon barrels
  • 1 bottle (12 oz.) of Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout, an intensely aromatic beer with a blend of espresso and maple syrup, packaged in a limited-edition, branded wooden box

Great googly moogly
Kyle98
AG
maca1028 said:

It's not worth it IMO, there's enough good stuff out there on the shelves that you can get for a better price than that.
Agreed. I did one that was 2 US microbrews and 2 international beer for about 6 months a few years ago. Got some good beers, but at ~$30 plus ~$15 shipping a month, not even close to worth it. And their carrier was Lone Star Overnight, who suck balls.
jah003
S
*Rest of the beer thread frantically checks their email...*
BSD
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Holy *****

Quote:

Dear Matthew,

DAYUMN!!!!!!!!!!!! Helluva week you're having!
La Fours
AG
Well hot damn...

Quote:

Dear Derek,

jah003
S
Wait... Are people just putting their name in the email and posting it or is this real life...?
La Fours
AG
jah003 said:

Wait... Are people just putting their name in the email and posting it or is this real life...?
NColoradoAG
La Fours said:

Well hot damn...

Quote:

Dear Derek,

Holy ***** Did two beer threaders actually win?
BSD
AG
JUICY LUCY!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Dear BSD's wife,

(I changed her name so you sickos wouldn't try to hump her)
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Mine is for real. Hell of a week indeed... A lot easier to convince the wife that we need to make an emergency beer run to Iowa in January with the news that I passed the PE last night.

Bad ass La Fours! i guess I'll see you there!
La Fours
AG
Yessir.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Soooo... what's the best way to get to Decorah, Iowa?
NColoradoAG
BSD said:

JUICY LUCY!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Dear BSD's wife,

(I changed her name so you sickos wouldn't try to hump her)

Wow. Three beer threaders. No luck with the Colorado dudes.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
So was Texags Beer thread the only ones that knew about this contest?

I came here thinking I was going to be special.

NColoradoAG
hennyj15 said:

So was Texags Beer thread the only ones that knew about this contest?

I came here thinking I was going to be special.

Ok. Godammit. There better be a bottle of Assassin at one of the tailgates.
La Fours
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Soooo... what's the best way to get to Decorah, Iowa?
The two closest major cities that I found are Minneapolis and Madison, WI. Both are about 2.5 hours from Decorah. I think being in DFW, flying AA or Southwest to Minneapolis would be cheaper/easier for you.
La Fours
AG
Wow, 4 of us? Hot Damn.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Wow. Okay, how is that possible?
Scriffer
AG
I vote two fly into Minn and two should fly into Madison, so there can be appropriate stockpiles of Surly and New Glarus
BSD
AG
I'm going into MSP. can't decide if I am going to one-stop in on SW or fly direct on United
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I guess since BSD won he's not paying for my trip.
NColoradoAG
I'll pay for someones trip
First Page Last Page
Page 1091 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.