Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,039 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Bmac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Where do the TexAgs bottle shares happen? Someone have a tailgate?

Talked to pwonk and we are happy to host it for the UCLA game. We are are setup in front of Reed on Kimbrough. Will provide more details closer to the game.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:

Talked to pwonk and we are happy to host it for the UCLA game. We are are setup in front of Reed on Kimbrough. Will provide more details closer to the game.

Good people
Hudson2508
AG
Sounds good. Not positive I'll make it to a game this season with the little one but if not I'll save it for the next time we run into each other at JK.
turfman80
AG
My biggest pet peeve? Distributors leaving old IPA's on the shelf. You can argue when an IPA loses it's edge, whether it's 60 days or 90 days or whatever. But when you have year old IPA's on the shelf and the store, distributor and brewer do nothing about it when notified, that pisses me off!

On a related subject, Bryan Kroger is really stepping up their game. I found the 7/27 batch of Hop Delusion there ( Karbach is killing it this year on HD!), whereas the other outlets still have some of April's sitting on the shelf. Yes.I'm talking about YOU, CS Specs. Along with your Feb. 2015 Union Jack.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Preach it!
docaggie
AG
My biggest problem is Texas' beer laws, especially the ones that prevent us from being able to order beer from retailers in other states for things that aren't available here.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jock 07
AG
Figured I probably ought to get into this before its starts losing all of its carbonation.

Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:

Please do. Let us know what we can do to help.

Who is all planning on going?
BSD
AG
My Rare Barrel haul from vacation this month:

The '15s I had on hold...

The '16s so far...

And because somebody on here was so damn pushy...
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

Please do. Let us know what we can do to help.

Who is all planning on going?

I usually make one per year. My bro is coming for the UCLA game, so I'll likely miss that one. We need to set one up for the Prairie View game or something... What are we, like 1-5 on bottle share games?
BSD
AG
I will be at the UCLA game but can't make the bottle share.
jetch17
Represent830
Represent830
AG
Hey I wasn't pushy!
dixie whiskey
AG
sipping on an archdruid by clown shoes. an imperial red aged in irish whiskey barrels. as I've said many a time on here, I'm a huge fan of the clown shoes barrel program,and imo they don't quite get the hype they deserve due to being so readily available. so naturally i was excited to try this one, but wasn't expecting anything ground breaking as red ales are nice but can have a bit of a meh factor at times and I can't think off the top of my head of any beers aged in irish whiskey barrels that really blew me away (though really can't think of many beers even aged in said barrels)

that being said, this one definitely exceeded expectations for me. a lot more depth of flavor than I expected.sweet toffee notes, tons of oak, earthy and rich initially. on the back end there's a bit of funk from the barrel and some subtle familiar fruitiness that I couldn't quite put my finger on but have since read it described as red wine, and I cant say I disagree with that notion.

I guess I should mention that after skiming over untappd, the few negative reviews mostly take issue with the barrel funk I mentioned. some wondering if there is a slight infection- though it didn't strike me that way in the least, and I've had a few infected beers in my time. there is a very slight tartness though, if that might be an issue to some of you. otherwise I recommend it. not sure of the price point as it wasn't priced at all at kroger so I got it for $2 (didn't get the sense that if I tried to go grab the rest of the bottles they'd be so generous, so i didn't push it)
maca1028
Nice!
BSD
AG
quote:
Hey I wasn't pushy!
You were SO pushy! You were all like, "please" and stuff...

don't make me take it elsewhere!!!
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
Hey I wasn't pushy!
You were SO pushy! You were all like, "please" and stuff...

don't make me take it elsewhere!!!
62strat
AG
Went to the first annual Parker brewfest this weekend in my neck of the woods.
Only $35 for unlimited 2oz pours from 22 breweries offering 2-3 beers each, no lines, and 75 degree weather! Free Lyft rides each way to boot

Will do again next year.

reesei10
Has anyone else noticed that Stone Pushed Arrogant ******* to its own brewing company?

http://www.arrogantbrewing.com/about-arrogant-brewing
jh0400
AG
I was looking up the Stone/Arrogant ******* thing and saw this. Have the neckbeards started lining up yet?

maca1028
I saw that yesterday, looks good.
Whoop04
What's the business case for arrogant brewing?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I can't tell... Everything, including their website is incredibly vague.
This article seems to mention contract brewing at other breweries?

http://goo.gl/bi4UiJ

quote:
Right before news of Greg Koch leaving the CEO position at Stone, news of the Arrogant ******* himself (the beer not Greg Koch) going on the road, to be brewed at Great Divide, Maui Brewing, Brew Dog, and Maine Beer Company. (Rumor has it, each one of those brew days are a new rendition of Arrogant *******.)

Could it just be a way to bring more interest in the beer?

Edit:forgot that texags doesn't like the word B@st@rd
gigemJTH12
AG
quote:
My cousin called a friend in Austin before he came out to the bachelor party and picked me up a 4 pack of Professor Black. I really enjoyed the one I had last night. I also picked up a bottle of Texian Black Jesus yesterday. It's a sour dark ale aged with cherries. Looking forward to trying it out.

I drank this a couple weeks ago and I could not stand it
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I can certainly see sour stouts not being for everybody but I really enjoyed that one.
gigemJTH12
AG
I forgot to take a pic but I drank quite a few Funkwerks Dry Hopped Provincial this weekend.

I really liked it.
La Fours
AG
It's definitely different.
Jock 07
AG
I think it was their saison that I had that was dry hopped as well and was damn good.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Really great beer. Thanks to my BIL, Reesei, for picking it up. Super funky.

maca1028
Coy94
AG
I am enjoying a Funkwerks Raspberry Provinicial. I really enjoy this beer. I should try a few more from Funkwerks.

Coy94

62strat
AG
quote:
I am enjoying a Funkwerks Raspberry Provinicial. I really enjoy this beer. I should try a few more from Funkwerks.

Get the provincial mix pack. Best bang for your buck for sours out there. It has the apricot, raspberry, Nelson dry hopped, another one I can't think of right now.
La Fours
AG
So I drank two more professor blacks tonight. They were even better than from Friday. My pallet was jacked from tequila, crown, no label el jefe and other stuff. It's s damn good beer.
NColoradoAG
Coconut Medianoche while pitting 1500 lbs of peaches. Not a bad Monday

https://instagr.am/p/BJb9stBDQeC
First Page Last Page
Page 1007 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.