What Ukraine Needs to Win the War

2,949 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by The Agly Duckling
Tanker123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The inter-war periods are important to prepare for future wars. Some nations get it right, some do not. Preparing for the future can be tricky. For example, does the US prepare for conventional, proxy wars, or counterinsurgency? The US military is planning how to fight China. There are also major plans should the US enter the war in Ukraine. Thousands of US military vehicles are prepositioned in Poland and the 3-star Task Force Commander will stand up Infantry and Armor Divisions to include Air Force capabilities should the US enter that war.

Back to the topic on hand. Germany conducted a massive governmental and military After Action Review in the 1930s-1940s to assess:

- What was planned in WWI.
- What really happened.
- How to shrink the delta.

The significant military problem in WWI was the ability to conduct offensive operations and maneuver effectively were curtailed by weapons systems with much greater ranges than the ability to maneuver. This problem existed in the Civil War as well.

Germany's preparation for future wars in the inter-war period was on the money. Born was Blitzkrieg from the analysis and conclusion of the AAR and became a Revolution in Military Affairs. This RMA definitely gave Germany the advantage. It was created to defeat linear formations WWI is well known for. Therefore, Germany was best prepared for WWII because they created a Combined Arms Doctrine and put theory into practice by training significantly more rigorously than other countries trying to prepare for future wars.

Ukraine needs the capability to execute Blitzkrieg tactics because of the linear posture of the Russian military in the defense. They have set up long and wide engagement areas the Ukrainians can't breach, thus it is relegated to WWI tactics. Ukraine is incapable of conducting Combined Arms Operations in large offensive operations because the Western countries have not bestowed upon it the requisite weapons systems to execute it. It needs aviation assets like bombers, fighters, CAS, and attack helicopters. It can't go through the Russians, but don't have the weapons systems to bypass or go over the Russian army. Some will think HIMARS and drones will suffice, but they are poor substitutes for the aforementioned aviation assets. Ukraine needs the capability to conduct effective movement to contact with weapons systems that can stay on station to unleash a heavy volume of fire.

Tanker123
Vapid and vitriolic. By your criteria I should not discuss the Ukraine War because I never fought in it. Now would you like to add value to the topic on hand? hahaha

Please, for my edification, why do you hate me. Have I said anything cross to you? Do you hate veterans that have not fought in the Vietnam War. Is that it? I will wait for your cogent reply.
OldArmyCT
AG
I don't hate anyone on this board. I am not the one who called others A-holes. I'm not the only one tired of your posts. You've "resigned" from more boards than most of us subscribe to, yet you're still here. You profess to be a PTSD savant, perhaps you ought to treat yourself.
Tanker123
Then why are you always caustic to me? Hypoctite. Perhaps you should thank me for helping many veterans with PTSD.
Tanker123
OldArmyCT
AG
I hope you're OK, you seem troubled.
I'm pretty sure the percentage of people you've helped thru PTSD vs. those you just think you've helped is nowhere near as favorable as you might think. My Vietnam company had 53 KIA's, 10 of whom are still over there, your unpublished PTSD book would have zero effect on those of us still standing.
Carry on.
Tanker123
OldArmyCT said:

I'm pretty sure the percentage of people you've helped thru PTSD vs. those you just think you've helped is nowhere near as favorable as you might think. My Vietnam company had 53 KIA's, 10 of whom are still over there, your unpublished PTSD book would have zero effect on those of us still standing.
Carry on.
Troubled? You are the one stalking me! You straight man? You also don't know crap about me. By the way I am sharing your posts on various veterans sites. You have quite the following. The only substance to you is your incessant b@tching! You are too stupid to answer my question. What have I done to you. hahaha

This is my last post for you. You waste my valuable time.
Tanker123
OldArmyCT
AG
Tanker123 said:

OldArmyCT said:

Carry on.
Troubled? You are the one stalking me! You straight man? You also don't know crap about me. By the way I am sharing your posts on various veterans sites. You have quite the following. The only substance to you is your incessant b@tching! You are too stupid to answer my question. What have I done to you. hahaha

Your last post? Not a chance.
Tanker123
OldArmyCT said:

Tanker123 said:

OldArmyCT said:

Carry on.

Your last post? Not a chance.

You are right. This is the last post. You act more like a petulant child than a true veteran. You need to get laid because you b@tch like an old woman. lol
AirborneAg04
Would you two just go ahead and **** already?
Tanker123
AirborneAg04 said:

Would you two just go ahead and **** already?
He is so infatuated with me which leads me to believe he is gay.
The Porkchop Express
For someone who claims they're out there helping people, you sure wield the word "gay" like it's some massive insult.
Tanker123
[Reflect and be respectful - Staff]
The Porkchop Express
You've gone from being clueless to extremely disrespectful. Flagged for personal attack.
Tanker123
Some of you act like the old farts at VFWs who want to pontificate inflated self-importance at the expense of others. Nothing good comes out of this. A true noble veteran would say how can I help you in the betterment of the veteran community, not the crap some of you spew. This spirit also escapes the psychologist in this online community.

To denigrate someone who is trying to heal people who have PTSD is immensely mind blowing. What is absolutely shameful is I can't share the free PTSD healing book with the community because of the acerbic nature of some of the posters. I know there are many who have PTSD, but actions have precluded them getting requisite help. Proud of yourselves?
I Am A Critic
Tanker123 said:

Some of you act like the old farts at VFWs who want to pontificate inflated self-importance at the expense of others. Nothing good comes out of this. A true noble veteran would say how can I help you in the betterment of the veteran community, not the crap some of you spew. This spirit also escapes the psychologist in this online community.

To denigrate someone who is trying to heal people who have PTSD is immensely mind blowing. What is absolutely shameful is I can't share the free PTSD healing book with the community because of the acerbic nature of some of the posters. I know there are many who have PTSD, but actions have precluded them getting requisite help. Proud of yourselves?
Your lack of self-awareness is amazing. No one likes you. You add no value here. Find a new sandbox.
Username checks out.
The Porkchop Express
Tanker123 said:

You can't share the free PTSD healing book because it doesn't exist. Do you really think nobody's looked you up?
Naveronski
AG
You pontificate about your supposed PTSD self help book like it's a shield to hide behind as you spew your nonsense and drama.

This site doesn't have the reach of Reddit or Twitter; your trolling might be more appreciated there.
FCBlitz
They are probably doing the best that they can.

They are stuck with being in reactive mode. If they concentrate their forces to penetrate along the Russian lines……Russia will decimate that force and neutralize it and then Ukraine will really be screwed.

Obj #1. Give up some area in return for killing more Russians and avoid dying at a 1v1 rate with them.

Obj #2. Find more men and women willing to fight and die on behalf of Ukraine.

Obj #3. Find a way to hit valuable targets deep in Russia.

Obj #4. Extend fighting as long as possible while beating down the hardware and the fighting force of Russia.
phillytex24
I don't want Ukraine to win this war, I want Putin to! Ukraine is hiding the Biden crimes!
The Agly Duckling
WW2 historians say that most battlefield casualties came from artillery.

If true, we need to give Ukraine all of the elements of combined arms, and all in a big way:

Attack and Fighter Aircraft
Literally millions of 155mm artillery shells and loads of extra barrels
EW for jamming and to keep from getting jammed
Scores of drones
Up-to-date, real-time intel out the wazoo
Etc., Etc.

Russia winning makes the world a far worse place. They are one of our four main adversarial nation states along with China, North Korea and Iran.

We could be analogous to Ukraine as France was to us during our revolution, and help ourselves be safer in the process.

God Speed to Ukraine. May you maintain your sovereignty.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.