Anybody been to EAA AirVentures (Oshkosh)

1,468 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Enviroag02
Enviroag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm taking my dad to next year's EAA Oshkosh 2021. Neither of us have ever been. Since this year's was cancelled I'm expecting this one to be EPIC, if it doesn't get cancelled. I'm planning to surprise my dad with a P-51 ride so I'm getting super excited to share this experience with him. He's 70 yrs old. Anyone have any recommendations for events, shows, dining, things to bring, etc during this event?
CanyonAg77
AG
Been there, no. Been wanting to, yes. Posted to put thread in my watch list.

I'd suggest you ask on the thread below, for more exposure.

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2869476

"flying is Outdoors" thread on Outdoors Board
JABQ04
AG
Had a buddy at work who is a huge aviation nut. Flew his Cessna up from Alvin to Osh Kosh. Loved it. Rode in FiFi too when it was up there.

I can ask him for specifics if you want. It has been a couple of years though since he went.
Gunny456
AG
We went every year for six years but have not been in the last three. Best I can tell you is to plan one day more than what you think. We enjoyed the vendor areas. The air show is a must see. It is truly airplane heaven.
Hope to go again when this Covid BS is over.
You will have fun with your dad no matter what.
Enviroag02
AG
Alright so the EAA AirVenture tickets have been purchased. The surprise P-51 flight has also been purchased; although that took a little bit of shuffling. The P-51 I originally wanted to get him a ride on was "Gunfighter", but they informed me they were not doing rides this year at Oshkosh. So I found P-51 "Red Nose" who is doing rides the Sunday before Oshkosh out of Janesville (about 1.25 hrs from Milwaukee airport). So I made our flight reservations to arrive about 3 hours ahead of the scheduled warbird flight. Well Southwest decides to change our flight schedule a week ago, so I had to call up the CAF and get the later flight on "Red Nose" with only about 2.5 hours to get baggage, rental car, and make the drive to Janesville. Should be interesting as I need to figure out a cover story for why we are driving west instead of north to Appleton.
JABQ04
AG
Take pictures or videos if you can and post them.
Enviroag02
AG
yep...I'm gonna bring my DSLR and my 4k Go Pro. I'm getting excited!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.