Hog Calling Question

2,001 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by aggiejim70
aggiejim70
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do they still "call Hogs" in Duncan prior to the Arky game. or did that go by the wayside? As I recall, it was a junior privilege.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
CanyonAg77
AG
You're not allowed to be that disruptive at chow.

You can, however, quietly text the hogs during chow.
Rabid Cougar
AG
Its like eating at Luby's on a Sunday afternoon complete with elevator music.
ABATTBQ87
AG
BQ juniors would stand in their chairs and call the hogs! Pig Soooiiieee!!!

I worked in a plywood/lumber mill when I graduated from A&M and one of the front line supervisors went by the name of "Arkansas".

We all had radios for communication purposes, and when I'd get to the plant for my shift I'd always say: Woooooo Pig Soooiiiieee! and Arkansas would respond "you've got that Arkansas man!"

One Monday I was in the plant and an employee came up and told me that he had won a hog calling contest at the Polk County fair, and I asked him if he had ever called a hog before, and he said no, but I've heard you call the hogs every day on the radio and I just repeated the call!

Mayor West
AG
Thought this was about last call on Northgate.
Aggie@state.gov
AG
We had nametags made sophomore year '83 that said "F*** the Pigs" (except all 4 letters were spelled out)

We wore them for March-In.

I would wear it tomorrow if I could find it.

BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
July 4th at Barton Springs -Austin - 40s always had a hog calling contest . Never any hogs around !
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Sir, where did you get the quotation from Gen Rudder?

Very cool.
aggiejim70
AG
I refer you to book "The Execution of Private Slovak"
by H. B. Huie. That book was given to me by a couple of soldiers that were applying for CO status. I was battery XO at the time.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
aggiejim70
AG
Thought I'd bump this to see if we have any new stories.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.