Causal Fridays? C&T's to class?

10,264 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BoozerRed78
CT'97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Before I jump off a cliff, I'd like to see if this can be confirmed and get the details of what/where/when.

That being said;
Did we not learn anything from the C&T's to the football game debacle?

CT'97
AG
After asking around it sounds like C's&T's with a unified maroon Corps of Cadet's PT shirt will be the uniform of the day for Friday's before home football games as part of a campus wide maroon out event. No civilian cloths, casual Friday's might be an over statement but still carries the same tone.

In my opinion, this is a mistake. That is be beginning of the most visible time of the year for the Corps. People coming into town, touring the Quad, and generally seeing campus will see cadets in a PT uniform looking sloppy all over campus.

The Friday before games is when you put on your best uniform. You polish your low quarters a little extra, polish the dorm signs, you clean your deck and around the dorm. You get ready to put your best foot forward for parents, family, and alumni coming into town.

Now, if this was to be worn at Midnight yell practice or some other specific event I could see the benefit, but as a general uniform of the day it seems a bad decision.
CanyonAg77
AG
Yep, the one time most people see cadets in the wild is Football Friday. Important to look sharp
chickencoupe16
AG
hope they plan on issuing extra Corps PT shirts. Most cadets only have one and the uniform for Corps runs before football games is usually Corps PT.
Outlaw0206
AG
Not that I have a dog in this fight, as I graduated many years ago, but I will play devils advocate.

I'm with everyone saying the Corps should look sharp on Friday's because of the amount of people who come into town to experience Aggie football. I THINK that the Corps is trying to do a better job nesting with the main student body. The past 5-10 years there has been a disconnect between student body & the corps. (I think they have done a much better job over the last 5 years, but that's for another topic)

What better way for A&M to paint the campus maroon before a game then Texas A&Ms largest organization doing their part? Saturday, Game day, is the day to look sharp. The corps marches past thousands of people and they take notice.

Perhaps when it gets colder in November you do away with the C&Ts because you don't have a long sleeve maroon top?

Anyways, just thought I would play devils advocate and try to add some comments about why they are probably doing it.
Tango_Mike
Unpopular opinion alert:

Cs & Ts is the absolute worst abomination of a "uniform" that the Corps has to offer. It's goofy, it's not remotely military, and everyone looks awful in it.
JABQ04
AG
Pretty much agree with you. Didn't mind during FOW (with Campaign Covers) and Grove/Arches yell. Not a fan of it outside of Corps only activities.
Tango_Mike
JABQ04 said:

Pretty much agree with you. Didn't mind during FOW (with Campaign Covers) and Grove/Arches yell. Not a fan of it outside of Corps only activities.
FOW was ok, since it's all behind closed doors and fish need to be able to identify their herd.
OldArmy71
AG
I disagree strongly with this casual approach. I personally know quite a few Aggies who joined the Corps simply because they had seen the Corps march in uniform down a main street in Texas. Tee shirts are for Corps area activities or PT.

Very disappointing decision.
bigtruckguy3500
This can't be real. Sounds like your typical pre-FOW gossip. No offense to anyone here, but I'll believe it when I see it. (Which I hope I don't)
Federale01
AG
Outlaw0206 said:

Not that I have a dog in this fight, as I graduated many years ago, but I will play devils advocate.

I'm with everyone saying the Corps should look sharp on Friday's because of the amount of people who come into town to experience Aggie football. I THINK that the Corps is trying to do a better job nesting with the main student body. The past 5-10 years there has been a disconnect between student body & the corps. (I think they have done a much better job over the last 5 years, but that's for another topic)

What better way for A&M to paint the campus maroon before a game then Texas A&Ms largest organization doing their part? Saturday, Game day, is the day to look sharp. The corps marches past thousands of people and they take notice.

Perhaps when it gets colder in November you do away with the C&Ts because you don't have a long sleeve maroon top?

Anyways, just thought I would play devils advocate and try to add some comments about why they are probably doing it.
Maroon Outs are the day of the game. I don't see how dressing in maroon the day prior to the game really helps show the Corps is supporting Maroon Out, but maybe this is a new tradition the day before a game so I won't offer comments there.

If they wanted to do something to integrate the Corps with the students, they should get rid of Corps block. Let the Corps pull tickets for different sections, just like everyone else. Become an integrated part of the 12th Man again.
Outlaw0206
AG
Federale01 said:

If they wanted to do something to integrate the Corps with the students, they should get rid of Corps block. Let the Corps pull tickets for different sections, just like everyone else. Become an integrated part of the 12th Man again.
I 100% concur with that statement.
WBBQ74
AG
Old guy question. Explain the C&T acronym for me.
bigtruckguy3500
Outlaw0206 said:

Federale01 said:

Me too. Cadets may take more interest in the game when they see non-regs around them yelling louder and actually paying attention. Then again they may just see as many non-regs playing on their phones.

WBBQ74 said:

Cammies and T-shirts is how I always understood it. Outfit (or Corps) PT shirt with utilities pants and boots.
CT'97
AG
WBBQ74 said:

Charlie uniform w/ Outfit T's.
ABATTBQ87
AG
WBBQ74 said:

remember the class C fatigues we wore with high shined black jump boots? Take the fatigue shirt off and wear your white or Band t-shirt and you have C's and T's

TnAg23
AG
We are wearing ACU bottoms and combat boots with our outfit cotton shirts on Fridays before gamedays, (Thursday this week) to class. They look better than y'all are expecting.
OldArmy71
AG

Quote:

They look better than y'all are expecting.

No, they don't.
CanyonAg77
AG
TnAg23 said:

We are wearing ACU bottoms and combat boots with our outfit cotton shirts on Fridays before gamedays, (Wednesday this week) to class. They look better than y'all are expecting.
Sorry, been there, done that. Wear your Bs. That represents Aggieland better than all the maroon T-shirts in the world.
INOX
Depending on the Fighter Wing the Air Force does this now---so long as the shirt is approved by the squadron. But it is an undershirt for when you're working. When you go back out onto the base the blouse goes back on.
chickencoupe16
AG
Disgusting
ABATTBQ87
AG
After looking at the pictures of today's fish review and all the corps were wearing C's and tees it's clear why Cadets will wear those on Fridays because there's only one item to be polished and that is a belt buckle.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Outlaw0206 said:

Federale01 said:

Copy/paste from an AO discussion on this a while back:

I've got a bit of a unique, if dated, perspective. Corps block started my sophomore year; we just pulled like everyone else fish year.

I think the "corps segregation" argument is way oversold. Fish year, we may have been way up on 3rd deck, but we were still with our buddies and their dates. Only difference was we'd give more high-fives to nonregs after a big play.

Likewise, the seat quality argument WAS oversold (no clue about how it is in New Kyle). Yeah, one could argue the fish and heads had better seats, but the upperclassmen don't. Our white belts were PISSED when it was announced. It was their turn for 2nd deck btw the 30s and now they were forced onto 1st from end zone to 30? Not happy.

As for block today, I'm ambivalent. It is good from a Corps marketing perspective, but that too is probably oversold. But one thing that is true is the guys writing the big checks like it. A lot.

That said, C&T to class is trash.
Quad Dog
AG
In my day it was pretty common for whitebelt slackers to wear BDUs to class because they "had a lab." So if the rest of the Corps is wearing class C uniform, is there anyone in the Corps pulling out wearing class Bs because they have respect for their University? What if you want to go in the MSC?
Jock 07
AG
TnAg23 said:

We are wearing ACU bottoms and combat boots with our outfit cotton shirts on Fridays before gamedays, (Wednesday this week) to class. They look better than y'all are expecting.
So, just curious here, was this a bottom up decision from cadets or directed by the Trigon?
ABATTBQ87
AG
Quad Dog
AG
Not a bad looking uniform for doing some sort of PT/activity around formation, but not a good one to wear to class while there are a lot of visitors on campus.

The picture has them in white shirts, but I thought above they said the point was to wear maroon for games or whatever?
Or does Corps Staff think they are special and unique from the rest of the Corps? Nevermind, I know the answer to that question.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

Or does Corps Staff think they are special and unique from the rest of the Corps? Nevermind, I know the answer to that question.
OH BURN
OldArmy71
AG
And no name tags!?! How the hell are you supposed to scope out their name tag if there isn't one?
Jock 07
AG
Quad Dog said:

The picture has them in white shirts, but I thought above they said the point was to wear maroon for games or whatever?
Or does Corps Staff think they are special and unique from the rest of the Corps?
The color guard shirts would indicate the answer to this question is, shockingly I know, a resounding yes.
Jock 07
AG
Also, can they not get subdued diamonds and moons for the ACUs?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Jock 07 said:

Also, can they not get subdued diamonds and moons for the ACUs?
Many moons ago, fish Jock was walking across campus, and crossed paths with a gent wearing BDUs (what we called them back them). I looked and looked and couldn't see any insignia. Finally, when he was about 3 feet from me, I saw a single "subdued" bar...a newly minted 2nd Lieu.

I snapped a salute, but that wasn't good enough for Mr Lieuey. He had me stand at attention and dressed me down for my lack of proper military etiquette. Was a great look for the Corps for all the nonregs walking by.
Quad Dog
AG
Ha, never thought of that before. Lets put some shiny metal on something designed to make you blend in with the background. I don't remember wearing rank on our camo covers.
Jock 07
AG
Haha, nice. The new OCP rank is causing issues as well, damn near impossible to tell an O-6 til they're right up on top of you.
traxter
Quad Dog said:

Not a bad looking uniform for doing some sort of PT/activity around formation, but not a good one to wear to class while there are a lot of visitors on campus.

I feel like you're completely lost in this conversation.

The picture is of FOW review, where every outfit wears their outfit shirt with their ACU pants. Colorguard in the background is wearing Corps PT gear, because they aren't Corps staff.

Also, again this is FOW review, the Saturday before classes. Not during class.

A few years ago they did a thing where the first 2 weeks of classes was ACUs so that fish didn't have to worry about uniforms, aligning and shining brass and shoes, while getting used to classes and stuff.

Interesting though, how the percentage of the student body that is in the Corps hasn't actually increased despite an abo****e number in corps enrollment.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.