99 FDT Hounds

4,377 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ol Jock 99
ValleyRatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My buddy and I both '99 are trying to name the hounds from our class here's what we have so far
Judd
Monk
Hoffman 1
Hoffman 2
Perez

We're missing one. Is the above correct?
bigtruckguy3500
Other advisors that year - Monk, Torres, Poskey, Chapa, Hanson, Boyd
ValleyRatAg
AG
Thanks. Poskey was the one we couldn't remember.
Stive
AG
Some of the funny stories from that group had to do with the Hoffman brothers looking so much alike that people thought they were twins or the same person; neither of which was true.
Stive
AG
Which one was removed as a hound due to financial hazing (had someone pay for his dry cleaning or something) prior to all of them being kicked out and FDT suspended later that year? It ended up "saving" him because when they cleaned out everyone several months later he wasn't included.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Big blonde dude. Poskey I think.
Stive
AG
I remember he was a big blonde guy.....I thought Poskey was a little guy? But I may be way off.
Fountain
Poskey is not a big guy.
aggiejim70
AG
What's a hound?
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Stive
AG
Hounds were the "trainers/advisors" for the Fish Drilll Team (FDT). They were known as that during the 90's (not sure when the title began). There were 7 of them, sophomores.

There were also two junior advisors that were elevated from the hound ranks each year. They were known as pigs I believe.

There was one senior advisor that had been one of the junior advisors from the year before and he was known as the Lone Star.

In the '96-97 school year the FDT was disbanded and all of the hounds were kicked out of the corps for extensive/excessive hazing. When it came out what all they had been doing Van Alstyne (sp) gave them a few hours to pack their things and get off the quad. It was several years before the FDT was reinstated again (sometime after I was out of the Corps in spring '99).

One of the hounds from that year had already lost his position due to "financial hazing" (he had sent one of the freshman to pick up and pay for his dry cleaning or something). So due to him having already been kicked out of his advisor position, when they brought the hammer down on the rest of the hounds later that year, he inadvertently avoided getting kicked out of the Corps like the others. Interesting little twist of fate.

And yeah....Posky was a smaller guy. The guy that got to stay in was big, blonde, and in the regiment....but I can't for the life of me remember his name. I remember Posky, the Hoffman brothers, seems like Kyle Judd, and that's about it.

adamsbq06
AG
I don't think Van ALstyne was the Commandant that year... I believe he started dismantling Old Army like the spring of 03... I was a fish his first year.
Federale01
AG
It was MG Hopgood during that time. Hopgood took a lot of steps people didn't like at the time, including myself. But we still had far more freedom than those that came after us from what I hear.
adamsbq06
AG
Didn't Hopgood also suspend PMC? I seem to real the Cav being inactive my fish year.
JABQ04
AG
Cav was definetly around 2000-2004. I remember freezing my ass off at Fall Review my fish Year. Quick cold snap hit CS and no one ordered rain gear to be worn, so we did a review in mid-50 degree weather in the rain in just Class Bs. At some point Cav rode their horses around and jumped over hay bales to "impress" the crowd. Sucked pretty bad just standing there in the band. Sprinted the whole way back to dorm 11 and took a shower in the stall for Butts. I didn't give a **** at that point.
Stive
AG
AdamsBQ06 said:

I don't think Van ALstyne was the Commandant that year... I believe he started dismantling Old Army like the spring of 03... I was a fish his first year.

You're right. It was Hopgood during his first year (Darling was there before him). I got my names mixed up.
FDT99
AG
If I may....

Jud
Monk
Poskey
Z. Hoffman
G. Hoffman
Torres
Tebbetts

Why do you ask? I could also debate the "extensive hazing" comment....
Stive
AG
FDT99 said:

Probably because he was just curious.

Go ahead and address it if you'd like. Your info, your call.
bigtruckguy3500
FDT99 said:

I am curious. But not sure if a public forum is the best place to address such issues. I mean it was a really long time ago, so might not be an issue, but still.
Stive
AG
21 years is a really long time. I'd guess any statute of limitations has passed as long as specific names tied to specific actions aren't used.

But like I said.....it's obviously FDT's choice.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Stabbing someone in the ear with a pencil (inflicting damage) and damn near breaking a guys hands for a drop qualify as "excessive hazing" in my book. Unless you'd rather just call it criminal assault.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
I'm pretty curious to hear.

FDT was still disbanded my Fish and Sophomore years. It was either reinstated my Junior or Senior year. Always heard stories second hand on why it was disbanded. All revolved around hazing.
Ordhound04
AG
http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp/994/827/1530671/

Link to the Lawsuit that was filed, public record.
Stive
AG
Ordhound04 said:

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp/994/827/1530671/

Link to the Lawsuit that was filed, public record.

Thanks for posting that.

I can't remember how that case finally turned out. Anyone remember/know whether any of them settled or had to pay up in a significant way?
Ol Jock 99
AG
And the lawsuit was one individual. There were many more, including the 2 I mentioned.

The 99 hounds (and 98 preceding them) are examples of the worst kind of group think. Many, if not most, were perfectly normal guys "out of character". But they did some pretty awful stuff together.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.