Best small towns near San Antonio

6,921 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Martin Cash
LCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OP didn't ask about pollocks. …sounds like an idiot as I'm sure he is.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Counterpoint…

San Antonio has easily the most diverse options for outlier towns of any city in Texas and throwing around random town names based almost solely on mileage isn't the slight bit helpful.

If there's one thing a person that doesn't know these towns can actually take form this thread it's that Pleasanton and Jourdanton are not listed.
LCE
AG
You not living here 20 years and still adding on. Comical.
Four Seasons Landscaping
What's your deal? What nerve did I hit?
southernboy1
AG
That isn't how you spell Polak. You just mentioned a last name in the area with some good sausage.
SF2004
AG
LCE said:

Bandera is the answer.
Bandera is a sheethole.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Jourdanton and Pleasanton. Tell me you don't have kids or don't give a sheet about their education without telling me that. Mr.Diesel worked down there for close to 13 years and we still didn't make the move with the family during that time. Now if your retired, that's another story completely. You also can't get into SA easily bc that bottleneck at heb/ big red sucks on the weekend. I cant imagine it every damn day commuting.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Wait now that I reread it I think we are on the same page with those towns. My bad
AG
Reload8098 said:

We visited Geneva School in Boerne today. Really impressed with their curriculum. I doubt there are any HOAs around Boerne that would allow me to build my house myself and I don't want to pay "full retail." Delimma
You might be able to find a few acres around Boerne where you can do that but land has gotten extremely high in that area. Most of the small towns around SA have quality public schools, sending them to private in most cases is a total waste of money.
Reload8098
AG
1939 said:

Reload8098 said:

We visited Geneva School in Boerne today. Really impressed with their curriculum. I doubt there are any HOAs around Boerne that would allow me to build my house myself and I don't want to pay "full retail." Delimma
You might be able to find a few acres around Boerne where you can do that but land has gotten extremely high in that area. Most of the small towns around SA have quality public schools, sending them to private in most cases is a total waste of money.
I think that's a personal decision. My first three all went private mainly because Memphis public schools aren't an option but and they classical teaching. Two of the three earned full rides to very good schools and the third kiddo just graduated with a 3.8 and took a job with Apple.
Geneva uses classic teaching that allows the student to develop strong critical thinking skills. This teaching method combined with Christian based values is important to my wife and I.
wildcat08
AG
Treman 92 said:

I prefer a little farther out than most which is why I like the thought of settling down in a town like Mason which is about 35 miles northeast of Fredericksburg…

I think going northwest will get you there quicker.
Ag CPA
AG
Knippa ISD has always had a reputation for good schools and it is so small that it doesn't field a football team. Tennis powerhouse though.
SAag1113
AG
Pleasanton is a great town. People bash it all the time, but I have 3 kids and it's nice. Decent country club, nice HEB.
Martin Cash
AG
Kosciusko
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.