New Braunfels Boot Repair

1,363 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Clob94
AgTDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've got a couple pairs of boots I need to have re-soled and am looking for any recommendations on where to take them.

TIA
AgPT06
AG
Smileys off business 35 is who I have been told by others, but have yet to actually go. But not if you need quick turnaround. It's a one man shop and he's in no rush.
fido00
AG
I have been to Smiley's and he is a nice guy and seems to do good work. (Ive only had some heels replaced on a pair of boots.) I will echo the sentiments above, he is not in a hurry and his shop hours are a mere suggestion. I was not in a hurry, and I want to support local businesses, so it wasn't a big deal.
AgTDub
AG
10-4, thanks guys. I'll give them a shot. Not in a big hurry, it's flip flop season mostly anyway.
wadd96
AG
Might want to check with Wimpy at the Red Wing store ,
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
F4GIB71
Smiley's
AgCWby90CS
AG
Smiley's is good. I've had several pair healed and soled over the years. Quickest I think was three weeks.

Saenz Boot Repair learned from him and opened his own shop in Seguin off the square. Saenz goes to our church in New Braunfels, good man.
CWby '90
AgCWby90CS
AG
wadd96 said:

Might want to check with Wimpy at the Red Wing store ,
as far as a reference?

Donny is a great hatter and class of '76. Took my felt back after Easter to be cleaned and blocked, originally bought there.
CWby '90
SanAntoneAg
AG
AgCWby90CS said:

Smiley's is good. I've had several pair healed and soled over the years. Quickest I think was three weeks.

Saenz Boot Repair learned from him and opened his own shop in Seguin off the square. Saenz goes to our church in New Braunfels, good man.
Saenz is not longer in Seguin. When he was in Seguin, I left a pair of boots with him that he assured me he could fix.

Went to pick them up a couple of weeks later and he told me that he could not fix them. Oh, and he somewhat apologized for a hole that he had put in the leather. He wanted $20 for his (worthless) work. Which I paid.

When I got home I threw the boots in the trash.
AgCWby90CS
AG
Interesting. Didn't know that.
CWby '90
Clob94
It's Smiley's and then everybody else.

I've used him for 20 years. In fact, just dropped off a pair of ostrich boots for him to re-sole.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.