All dark in north SA...

4,572 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Hendrix
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SWC Ag said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Apartments ablaze at parkway and west
Hope the fire dept has water

Where are you?

I'm at West and Wurzbach Pkwy. We were good with power until 11:45 Tuesday morning. Then it was out until about 7:15 Tuesday night. Lasted until about 9:45 Tuesday night then out again until about 4:15 this morning. Lasted until about 6:45 this morning.

So it looks like the pattern is 7 hours without, 2.5 with.

I am at Interpark and west
Saw the flames and the trucks yesterday
Just got internet for the first time in 24 hours on my phone
No power again
Commander Bob
AG
Borgfield and 281, had power for 6 hours today and last night, but now they have taken our water. Currently no power or water, but got the house up to 69 before the power got cut today.
A New Hope
Boil water order by saws. That sucks.
The Dog Lord
AG
Elm Creek update: Had power from around 11:00 to 6:20 today. Longest stretch yet. Came back on around 8:20 and still on.
Whens lunch
AG
Inwood here, lost power for about 10 mins twice on Monday. Haven't had any issues since. Maybe a little low water pressure, but I can't be certain that's not our own issue as opposed to some systemic thing.
Not when I'm done with it.
TomDoss91
AG
88planoAg said:

no interruption of power or water in my area of Fair Oaks, but many areas in our city have had outages. I've read that if you happen to share the grid with PD, hospital, or other infrastructure you are spared in rolling blackouts. We have speculated that Camp Stanley might be the reason?

I have a friend who is in Memorial Hospital Stone Oak with her husband who is a patient. They have had no water for 24 hours! They are rationing water to patients! Cannot change sheets, etc. I don't understand how they cannot get water to the facility somehow, or somehow transfer patients out of there.
My wife has been in Methodist Stone Oak since the 8th. I was at the hospital to pick her up on the 13th (Sat) and her heart rate suddenly went up to 150. Weren't sending her home under that condition. Still trying to figure out the cause. They transferred her to Methodist Medical Center last night due to lack of water, food & heat. Here in Deerfield, we got power back last night around 8:00 PM and still going. Longest stretch WITH power since Sunday....never lost water...just low pressure for a bit.
bam02
AG
Hope your wife is ok! That's a terrible situation at Stone Oak Methodist.
ClassicAg18
AG
I hope your wife is ok!
BT1395
AG
TomDoss91 said:

88planoAg said:

no interruption of power or water in my area of Fair Oaks, but many areas in our city have had outages. I've read that if you happen to share the grid with PD, hospital, or other infrastructure you are spared in rolling blackouts. We have speculated that Camp Stanley might be the reason?

I have a friend who is in Memorial Hospital Stone Oak with her husband who is a patient. They have had no water for 24 hours! They are rationing water to patients! Cannot change sheets, etc. I don't understand how they cannot get water to the facility somehow, or somehow transfer patients out of there.
My wife has been in Methodist Stone Oak since the 8th. I was at the hospital to pick her up on the 13th (Sat) and her heart rate suddenly went up to 150. Weren't sending her home under that condition. Still trying to figure out the cause. They transferred her to Methodist Medical Center last night due to lack of water, food & heat. Here in Deerfield, we got power back last night around 8:00 PM and still going. Longest stretch WITH power since Sunday....never lost water...just low pressure for a bit.

Sorry to hear about your wife, Tom - glad she's at least in a better facility now and hopefully home to you and a warm home soon! On Sunday I got my daughter out of the hospital after 154 days - just in time before the crap hit the fan here.

Dominion here and have power (lost it for about 12 hours early Wed morning). No water since Monday. Hanging in there though...
ClassicAg18
AG
Is anyone out near the Fredericksburg area? I haven't been able to get back to the area since last week and was just wondering how everything's going out there. I know for sure there is no power or water at my residence
Burdizzo
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

bam02 said:

We lost power in Deerfield around 2am Monday. It was off until about 3pm.

My mom is in Hunters Creek and still didn't have power as of bedtime last night. She's tougher than we are, though.
I'm across Blanco from you in Mission Ridge. Ours was the same timeframe, we booted up for good around 4:45 and still on. SIL by Churchill had power and then rolling blackouts, lots of them. Last night she lost power probably from all the surging going on and is still out, MIL is down the street from her with same issues.

Daughter is just across 281 from Hollywood park and they have been going on blackouts since early Monday morning. I figured just snow with little ice wouldn't have created all these issues. Blackouts I can see because of the grid but it must be some ****ty old equipment blowing up for the outages.

I'm gonna go ahead and blame Nuremburg and Wolff because they are on tv too much among other malfeasance.

Funny. Rivard taking Ron and Nelson to task...

https://sanantonioreport.org/communication-blackout-local-leaders-caught-unprepared-for-extreme-winter-weather/
TxTarpon
Blame Paula.
She had the CPS building all lit up while many others were in the dark.
She will not resign though.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
bam02
AG
TxTarpon said:

Blame Paula.
She had the CPS building all lit up while many others were in the dark.
She will not resign though.

I saw her on the news today. Utterly clueless and unable or unwilling to give straight answers.
dg77ag
AG
I miss the days when utility engineers ran utilities. All the old guys are probably rolling in their graves seeing what's happened to this state.
Bluff Rat
AG
NastyNate said:

I'm off Overlook Parkway in far north Stone Oak/Timberwood Park. We have had power non-stop (knock on wood). Friends that live off Wilderness Oak just a mile away have had almost no power all day. I'm thankful for it but can't understand the stark difference. Coincidentally, or maybe not, the line seems to be right at the SA city limits.
We are in the same exact area (Lakeside at Canyon Springs) and from what I heard it is because we are on the same grid as the ER clinic off 281/Overlook. I have also heard we might be in the same grid as the new fire station off of Canyon Golf. Not sure but either way we were lucky. Still waiting for the boil water notice to be lifted though.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
As of sunday afternoon, I thought it was over lifted in over 80% of the service area. Maybe yall are so high in elevation you might be one of the last ones?
TxTarpon
And those reporters asking hard questions will not have their contracts renewed.
Because, you know.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
NastyNate
Agreed. We are very lucky. I made the same assumption as you that we were on the same grid as the emergency hospital but was never able to confirm. I had forgotten about the new fire station but that makes sense. I also keep checking the SAWS website for updates. We appear to be one of the last areas that will have the boil water notice lifted.
Hendrix
AG
Mahncke park. I had power and water the entire time. Consider myself lucky.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.