All dark in north SA...

4,600 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Hendrix
Not Coach Jimbo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had about 6 mins of power in the last 3+ hours following the rolling blackouts earlier today.

Water has been off since about 4pm.

Co workers that live on the south of town didn't seem to have power problems today, and looking south the city seems to be pretty lit up.

Seems odd that certain areas are really struggling, but others aren't.

Curious what the reasoning is behind this difference.
Commander Bob
AG
I'm in far north San Antonio and have had about 3 minutes of power twice since 1:00 PM. Luckily, we still have water.
AggieRob93
AG
Sorry to hear for both above. Am at Bitters and 1604, have had power all day. Had three 15-20 minute gaps without power overnight last night, am hoping the run continues.
Sports-Ag
AG
Not sure what part of south side your co-workers are but my 80+ year grandma lives in the south side and she hasn't had power for hours. She's freezing.

One of the newscaster on KSAT12 subtly called out the city for still having the riverwalk Xmas lights still on.
NastyNate
I'm off Overlook Parkway in far north Stone Oak/Timberwood Park. We have had power non-stop (knock on wood). Friends that live off Wilderness Oak just a mile away have had almost no power all day. I'm thankful for it but can't understand the stark difference. Coincidentally, or maybe not, the line seems to be right at the SA city limits.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
AggieRob93 said:

Sorry to hear for both above. Am at Bitters and 1604, have had power all day. Had three 15-20 minute gaps without power overnight last night, am hoping the run continues.

Are you in one of the Inwoods?
DGAG92
AG
River Crossing hasn't had power in over 30+ hours......we had to move to a hotel.
bam02
AG
We lost power in Deerfield around 2am Monday. It was off until about 3pm.

My mom is in Hunters Creek and still didn't have power as of bedtime last night. She's tougher than we are, though.
Commander Bob
AG
Still no power @borgfeld and 281. Came back on for about 3 minutes at 10 pm and went dark again.
OldArmy71
AG
What hotel is open
AggieRob93
AG
SWC Ag said:

AggieRob93 said:

The poorest of them which uses the Inwood name....Village.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
AggieRob93 said:

SWC Ag said:

AggieRob93 said:

The poorest of them which uses the Inwood name....Village.
Roger. Just moved out of Forest. We were neighbors.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
bam02 said:

We lost power in Deerfield around 2am Monday. It was off until about 3pm.

My mom is in Hunters Creek and still didn't have power as of bedtime last night. She's tougher than we are, though.
I'm across Blanco from you in Mission Ridge. Ours was the same timeframe, we booted up for good around 4:45 and still on. SIL by Churchill had power and then rolling blackouts, lots of them. Last night she lost power probably from all the surging going on and is still out, MIL is down the street from her with same issues.

Daughter is just across 281 from Hollywood park and they have been going on blackouts since early Monday morning. I figured just snow with little ice wouldn't have created all these issues. Blackouts I can see because of the grid but it must be some ****ty old equipment blowing up for the outages.

I'm gonna go ahead and blame Nuremburg and Wolff because they are on tv too much among other malfeasance.
rwtxag83
AG
Helotes here. Not more than 4 minutes of power from yesterday afternoon on. Still have water.

We're in a huge line for Mickey Ds right now at I 10 and Wurzbach.
AgTDub
AG
Don't understand the "rotation". We're in New Braunfels(Oak Run)with NBU and have had 30 min of power with 1:30 outages since 2:30am Monday. People in the new Veramendi subdivision literally 50yds from my house, also with NBU have never lost power. Parents live in Gruene but have PEC and have never lost power.
AggieRob93
AG
Will be interesting to see how much the greenies continue to push shutting down the Spruce coal plant. Have no doubt efforts will be redoubled to shut it down posthaste even though "renewables" are NOT a viable option at this time or in the foreseeable future to match the efficiency or output of Spruce or any other coal fired plant.
Wrecking__Crew
AG
Any updates on when water will be back on?
tx1c
AG
In Helotes, south of Bandera road, power came back on about 10:00 am.
So far without further interruption. Fingers are crossed.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Just shut down the power at West and bitters

We shall see how long
Thanks for the warning
AggieRob93
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Just shut down the power at West and bitters

We shall see how long
Thanks for the warning
Yep, couple of folks who were in office near there let me know a little over an hour ago power was no more.
bam02
AG
Yeah when it went out around 11:00 I just assumed it was the rolling blackouts but I guess not.

Also just noticed decrease in water pressure.
BlackLab
AG
No water in NW side all day. No eta on getting it back.
LawHall88
AG
North Central Hunters Creek area - we had no power from 3:am Monday until about 30 minutes ago when it flipped on. We'll see how long it lasts, but house temp has already increased 10 degrees (to 61). A welcome development.

No water issues so far.
tx1c
AG
We haven't had any water issues; I'm in Helotes.

But my wife keeps hearing rumors about the fire department (San Antonio) shutting off water supply soon.
The info is all coming at least second hand and doesn't make any sense.

What are the chances of that happening? Why would the fire department cut off its main source of water?
The Dog Lord
AG
Just got power south of Shavano Park for the first time since 7 PM yesterday. Has been on for 45 minutes. We were getting 5 minutes of power and then either 15, 25, or 35 minutes without yesterday before it just quit at 7.

Had an exterior pipe bust yesterday around 4 and had to shut the water off to the house. Nervous that the pipes are going to freeze up now. Nothing I can really do but wait to see.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Apartments ablaze at parkway and west
Hope the fire dept has water
tx1c
AG
In Helotes, came on and went off a couple of times during the night.
Came on at about 6:40 and is still on. It was good to get a warm shower.
I hope the less 'severe' temperatures help with keeping things up and running, but the power plants still have to get back online (if that's an issue)
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Apartments ablaze at parkway and west
Hope the fire dept has water

Where are you?

I'm at West and Wurzbach Pkwy. We were good with power until 11:45 Tuesday morning. Then it was out until about 7:15 Tuesday night. Lasted until about 9:45 Tuesday night then out again until about 4:15 this morning. Lasted until about 6:45 this morning.

So it looks like the pattern is 7 hours without, 2.5 with.
Ulrich
Near Bulverde and 1604 I've had continuous power since about 10 on Monday night. Water was fine until yesterday evening, I still have water but the pressure has dropped significantly, still enough to shower. I came in to work today but shut my water off at the street before I came in because I strongly suspect I have a busted pipe in the garage.
A New Hope
Redland/1694 for me. No issues with power. Lost water briefly yesterday but now I've got water from all faucets though very low pressure
BlackLab
AG
Leon springs - no power and 24 hours of no water.
nohandle
AG
redland/1604 as well. We've had about 6 hours combined of power in the last 72 hours, every house on my street has lost power for multiple hours at a time (currently on hour 13 of no power) while neighbors a street over haven't gone down once.
88planoAg
AG
no interruption of power or water in my area of Fair Oaks, but many areas in our city have had outages. I've read that if you happen to share the grid with PD, hospital, or other infrastructure you are spared in rolling blackouts. We have speculated that Camp Stanley might be the reason?

I have a friend who is in Memorial Hospital Stone Oak with her husband who is a patient. They have had no water for 24 hours! They are rationing water to patients! Cannot change sheets, etc. I don't understand how they cannot get water to the facility somehow, or somehow transfer patients out of there.
Wrecking__Crew
AG
So from this morning to now, the weather Channel has updated the chance of precipitation to >40% from 12am to 4 pm.. what gives? And any persons here have any better sources to confirm?? I check austin and Dallas who are usually hit first and they don't show anything like that.
LawHall88
AG
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.