Fine restaurants you'd recommend near Hotel Emma?

2,465 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by f2foxes2001
cablinaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I and some friends will be in town this weekend, any recs within walking distance of the hotel for Friday night? Some place that takes reservations, I hate waiting.

Thanks in advance.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Food at The Pearl
Luke The Drifter
AG
Anywhere EXCEPT The Granary. I was so hyped about going there and I thought it was some of the worst BBQ I've ever had. Went again a few weeks later, hoping I had just caught them on a bad day. It was just as bad. My high hopes were dashed.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Good Bull Jones 17
AG
I've eaten at Southerleigh. Can definitely reccomend that. Great experience all around. Fine southern food.
Kramer
AG
I've been to several places in the Pearl and I haven't been impressed by any of them. Lots of hipster "organic" stuff. "Comfort food?" Look, if I want fried chicken I'll go to my mom's house. I'm not paying crazy prices for stuff my grandma and aunts made for years.

So I guess it depends what you're looking for.
LCE
AG
Cured.
wadd96
AG
Mixtili in Olmos Park is a couple of miles away and has been recognized as SA's best restaurant...
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
agforlife97
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Anywhere EXCEPT The Granary. I was so hyped about going there and I thought it was some of the worst BBQ I've ever had. Went again a few weeks later, hoping I had just caught them on a bad day. It was just as bad. My high hopes were dashed.

Yes, I kind of agree. I wouldn't complain about it if it were priced like a cheap BBQ place, but I didn't think it was all that different from Bill Miller in quality overall. I just am not sure BBQ is meant for the fine dining dress up.
cablinaggie
AG
Thanks for the suggestions!

We wanted steak so we ended up at Bohanan's and so far the experience has been superb.
fido00
AG
I am really bummed to hear that about Granary, I have really been looking forward to eating there. I guess I will be scratching it off the list though.
Redstone
AG
We've been to several places down there, for all 3 meals.
PFG
AG
If you did Granary for dinner, tisk tisk.

Granary is a much better lunch spot.

Lunch menu is casual, Texas style bbq. Dinner menu is some form of tapas style thing. No thanks
agforlife97
AG
I just don't think San Antonio really does fine dining all that well, especially in comparison to Houston or Dallas. I think Supper at Hotel Emma is decent, Feast in South Town is good, and J Prime is the best steakhouse I've been to. Bohanon's is good for the bar area and Jazz though. Love that place for late night drinking and music.
Luke The Drifter
AG
agforlife97 said:

I just don't think San Antonio really does fine dining all that well, especially in comparison to Houston or Dallas. I think Supper at Hotel Emma is decent, Feast in South Town is good, and J Prime is the best steakhouse I've been to. Bohanon's is good for the bar area and Jazz though. Love that place for late night drinking and music.

I would agree with this. SA has the same "chain" fine dining places as other cities (Perry's, Ruth's Chris, Palm), but other than Bohanon's, I can't really think of any "unique to San Antonio" fine dining places. I'm sure there are some out there, but the selection just isn't what you'll find in other cities in Texas.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Biga on the Banks
Rebelle
Paesanos

When I have to spend a night in SA, these are pretty good dinner options.
Napmaster08
AG
Add Signature to the list. Best fine dining restaurant in SA IMO. My wife and our friends agree.

Silo at the Dominion is solid as well.
agforlife97
AG
Napmaster08 said:

Add Signature to the list. Best fine dining restaurant in SA IMO. My wife and our friends agree.

Silo at the Dominion is solid as well.
Yeah, I think Signature is pretty decent, especially for Brunch.
f2foxes2001
AG
Clementine
Battalion
Noona
Feast
Bliss
Cured
Supper
Rebelle
Range
Mixtli
Bistro9
Periphery
Tre Trattoria

All solid and they stand with most any competitors out of town.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.