Wine Tours in Fredericksburg

982 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GinaLinetti
Shane Minks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honeymooning in Fredericksburg, and am looking to book some winery tours. Anyone have any advice or recommendations? Thanks in advance.
GinaLinetti
AG
I really enjoy woodrose and 4.0. There are so many new ones out there now. Yates has some wonderful wines as well. Don't forget to stop by luckenbach for lunch and a beer
wadd96
AG
Make sure to hit up Calais. Benjamin Calais brought his wine making skills over from Calais, FR. Excellent but very small tasting room.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Post in AO, look for Cecil. Pretty sure he has hit several up there.
armymom
I haven't done this but saw the ad: Wine tour bus
ConstructionAg01
AG
Willliam Chris in Hye is excellent wine and the Chris part of the duo is an Aggie. Calais had the best wine I've tasted east of Napa - truly impressive.

If you want fun places with decent wine like Big Ass Winery, can't help you there.
GinaLinetti
AG
wadd96 said:

Make sure to hit up Calais. Benjamin Calais brought his wine making skills over from Calais, FR. Excellent but very small tasting room.

You have to reserve a tasting. I'm looking forward to going soon
wadd96
AG
Yes, Cherry, you're right. But it's fairly easy to get a reservation. (Secret: I didn't see Benjamin turn anyone away who didn't have a reservation... he's a really nice guy.) Their Cab Franc is to die for!

Also, if you stop by Hye Rum, there are 5 pictures of Benjamin hidden in their shop. It's a fun game to find them.

My sister is friends with Benjamin's partner, Stephanie, who also owns Hye Rum.

:-)

Cheers.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
GinaLinetti
AG
Well son of a *****. I would have just showed up!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.