Sunday Brunch Near Riverwalk

1,391 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by chadclay
07&09Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wife and I will be staying on the riverwalk next weekend and she would like a good brunch place on Sunday so I am looking for somewhere with good Bloody Mary's and mimosas. Anyone have any recs for places within walking distance of the riverwalk,
aggie_fan13
AG
Geunther house
p_bubel
There's also Mad Hatters in King William. I'm sure there are a couple hotels down on the Riverwalk that have nice set ups as well.
07&09Ag
Will take a look at those. Also willing to expand the area a bit to something within a short uber if there is a not to miss place
End Of Message
AG
Candlelight Coffeehouse
Matsui
AG
Biga on banks?
End Of Message
AG
Ocho
F4GIB71
It's been a number of years since I've been, but the St. Anthony had a fantastic Sunday brunch. Classic, beautiful hotel a few blocks off the River Walk. A lot more character than the glass and concrete hotels. Would be worth seeing if they still have it.
aggie_fan13
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

Ocho
supposed to be really good, never been
p_bubel
azulAg said:

Pinche Abogado said:

Ocho
It's a cool space. Worth a visit on a nice day.

Halconblack
AG
The Bloody Mary makes it more difficult than you would expect. Are you looking for Buffet or entree style? Candlelight is very good (used to be great until SAT passed a law against bottomless alcoholic beverages). Las Canaries has the best buffet style. Rebelle is at the Saint Anthony and is ok. The best for food and drinks are probably Il Sogno(you need a reservation) at the Pearl. If you are closer to Southtown Feast is a good choice. If you don't mind the travel and are on a lighter budget La Fonda (great patio) and Paloma Blanca are both great options as well.
rwtxag83
AG
p_bubel said:

azulAg said:

Pinche Abogado said:

Ocho
It's a cool space. Worth a visit on a nice day.

Never been for brunch, but their appetizers are awesome. Been there several times before shows for drinks and apps. Never disappointed.
chadclay
AG
Feast in Southtown is nice as is the Boiler House at the Pearl. If you are willing to do Saturday Brunch, I would go to Cured at the Pearl and enjoy the farmers market afterwards.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.