What ever happened to Maggie's off of San Pedro?

27,276 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Josepi said:

SanAntoneAg said:

Malibu officially closes Sept. 7. I live near VJ and Callaghan, drive past those closed businesses each day. Surprisingly, the movie theater is still there and functional.

I hate to hear that. I had two birthday parties at Malibu when I was a kid.

And I haven't thought about Maggie's in a long time. My high school girlfriend and I used to regularly hook up in the bathroom on the second floor. Sorry, that probably TMI.

Rule 1
PLUM LOCO
AG
I loved Heyoka!
ol' army '65
AG
Ike and Tina Turner appeared at Municipal Auditorium in San Antonio around the Fall of 1979.
I saw Ike and Tina at a packed and overflowing Reeds Red Derby. It was a blast and very memorable.
dcAg
I went to Churchill. Hung out at Maggie's, Mama's, Hofbrau, Alamo Cafe. I remember when Chilis hit the area about 1981 in the same area. I worked at the Magic Time Machine during high school and during the couple of summers when my parents still lived there until they moved to the east coast. I remember we used to go to the original Taco Cabana after work sometimes and the line would be out the door down the sidewalk.

Good times.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
I would play Missile Command at Reed's Red Derby all night for a quarter. I used to bet suckers that I could roll the scoreboard over. Made a lot of drinkin' money.

It was great reading through this thread. A walk down Memory Lane for sure. Lotta places I've been on this list. Cooters, Hoffbrau (Eggs Hofbrau were the teats), Fitzwillys, Alamo Cafe.

I'd like to add Hipp's Bubble Room and Little Hipps to the list. Man I miss those shypoke eggs.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.