Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Thigbe?

6,280 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by kyle field 94
Dad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

howdyags12! said:

Agreed, just take your total bill amount divided by your total kWh and that equals your true cost of electricity.
I have been fine with Thigbe so far; now a little weary of some of the stories here. Last bill I was at 13 cents per kwh. My energy costs are lower this year that last year. I have never had to interact with customer service.
Just know you've been warned.

I got my final bill from Thigbe today and due to the 16.5 cents per kWh longterm contract they decided to sign me up for and $300 early termination fee it said my average cents per kWh on this bill was 42.3 cents.

My bill was almost $900 for 42 days.

My highest month of usage this year was 2400 kWh just to give an idea of how much this company ripped me off.

No apologies. No honesty. They just said some pre canned statement about how they are negotiating the best possible contracts for their customers.

If the best rates were 16.5 cents in June and they were looking out for me they would have either done a short term contract to look for something better in the fall or at least found one with a minimal early termination fee.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Thanks. I will definitely look into my current contract a little more.
texsn95
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

gabehcoud said:

Wow prices have gone down. Energy Ogre has me in 12.83 until Feb 2025 and low 11s are widely avaiable.
I found an EFL yesterday for 9.4 at 2,000kWh
All-in rate? Where?
FatZilla
AG
texsn95 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

gabehcoud said:

Wow prices have gone down. Energy Ogre has me in 12.83 until Feb 2025 and low 11s are widely avaiable.
I found an EFL yesterday for 9.4 at 2,000kWh
All-in rate? Where?

Interested in this too but it sounds like one of those with like 16c up till 2k and then they rebate after that to make it 9.4.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Looks like it's crept up to 10.5

https://truepowerefl.com/eflportal/efl/view/Centerpoint%2010%20*/464
FatZilla
AG
Bah, a 10 monther. That would put you right into summer for renewal. Was there a promo code to see that efl?
texsn95
AG
What I just got back from Thigbe

Quote:

Good morning, Clint. Thank you for reaching out. Emails are expected to go out tomorrow or Wednesday regarding the lower rates that have recently become available. You should receive one if it would make financial sense for you to choose to switch to a lower contract. Your current rate is 6.07 cents/kwh and your contract expires at the end of October, so I don't believe it would make sense for you to switch at this time. We can shop up to 30 days out for a new plan, so if you'd like to check back in early October we should be able to give you a more accurate rate estimate. I would expect your new rate to be lower than what you're paying now, unless there are some unexpected market changes. Thank you.
gabehcoud
kyle field 94
AG
I am in a higher priced contract and am looking at cancelling it for a lower priced contract

Does anyone know of a current available plan for 12 or more months for less than the 12.5 cents that I see on power to choose

This would still save me money over the long run, but I would like to get a little bit cheaper still and not have to cancel a second time in a month or so
one MEEN Ag
AG
There is a 3 month contract with $0 early cancellation fee at 10.3 cents all in.
9 month contract with a $175 cancellation fee for 10.6

At the very least go with the 3 month one to see if something drops between now and Christmas.

(Texaspowerguide.com)
kyle field 94
AG
The problem is that it only makes sense to pay the cancellation fee if I can lock in a longer and lower rate

The 3 month rate is great, but if I pay the cancellation fee, get a good rate for 3 months on shoulder months when my usage isn't high, and then if rates go back up to higher levels, then I am back in a bad situation and also paid a cancellation fee that didn't really save me money other than for 3 months
OutdoorAg
AG
I'm still happy with Thigbe. They have me on a plan paying .0643. Now if I could just get my kids and wife to turn off a light.
kyle field 94
AG
Congrat on the low rate

I ended up switching to ranchero power.

12.3 cents for 36 months. They have an option to pay an extra $10month to cancel with no fees at anytime
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.