DIY mesh pool fence?

1,149 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Apache
ForeverAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We need to add a simple pool fence to keep the pups from falling into the pool. Got a quote from a company that wanted $3500, yet I see I can order kits online for $260 for a 36' section.

Has anyone done this themselves or have a brand they like? I have a rotary hammer drill so I couldn't imagine this being an overly challenging install.
AnchorFoundation
I took down our mesh fence a few months back, and its sitting in the side yard.

Located in CS, happy to give it to you if you can put it to use
ForeverAg
AG
We're you not happy with it or what caused you to take it down? Any idea how long of a fence you have?
BrazosDog02
AG
Search TENAX On the Home Depot website.
agcivengineer
AG
Not sure about your pups, but I'd suggest teaching them how to swim and get out of the pool. My dog hates the water, but we push her in a few times a year just to remind her how to get out if she falls in.
ForeverAg
AG
agcivengineer said:

Not sure about your pups, but I'd suggest teaching them how to swim and get out of the pool. My dog hates the water, but we push her in a few times a year just to remind her how to get out if she falls in.

Ya that's right, just imagine we don't get too much pup time in the water during the winter months though. Having an engineered barrier to prevent an accidental slip in appears to be easy enough, just working through the cost aspect.
Quad Dog
AG
Never seen a dog accidentally fall in more than twice. Push them in, force them to find the step, save some money, keep your pool pretty, even if cold.
AnchorFoundation
Kids got older and just decided we didn't need it any more.

Probably 150 feet +/-

Let me know if interested and I'd be happy to load it in my truck and meet up to give it to you.
ForeverAg
AG
AnchorFoundation said:

Kids got older and just decided we didn't need it any more.

Probably 150 feet +/-

Let me know if interested and I'd be happy to load it in my truck and meet up to give it to you.

Shoot me a message at ForeverAg09@gmail.com with a picture or two. I'll run it past the wife.
Apache
AG
Build a little ramp so they can climb out if they fall in
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.