Electricity Plan Renewals

8,924 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by pantherag
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh interesting. Not familiar with that service. Will try it out this weekend or next week at work.
Texker
AG
FincAg said:

I'm am mistaken, 36 not 24. Value Power. Might be different terms if not in DFW.

Am on this plan but rate is a bit higher...like 11.2...renewed earlier this month...it initially was over 12 when I signed in Nov but they adjusted it down to the lower rate earlier this month when I asked.
planoaggie123
AG
Checked this AM and rates seem a tad lower...this is a pretty decent 24 month rate....appears to have a base charge which drives up the price per on the lower usage...my lowest usage last year for any month was 1,250, peaked at 4,880.

Keep going back and forth if i want to do 12 or 24....honestly would just be guessing...but locking in this would be much better than the nearly $0.18 i have been paying the past 10 months....
Texker
AG
I don't track rates in detail but based on my every so often check-in it seems like 36 months is/has been the longer term sweet spot for a few months.
aTm2004
AG
I signed up with Thigbe last year after not being able to find a decent plan that wasn't tiered, and they found me one. Got an email this afternoon telling me rates have dropped enough that it will justify the cancellation fee within about 4 months. I still have >2 years on the 36 month contract they put me in. Hmm…
planoaggie123
AG
Went with a Good Charlie 36 month.

Has a little higher base fee but lower rate but with the amount of electricity we use especially in summers it easily flips to our favor.
rme
AG
DFW rates dropped to 10.3 from 10.9 this week for 36 months.
planoaggie123
AG
I got 10.5 but the cancellation was a bit cheaper (vs the 10.3 plan I saw) and using my prior 12 months usage my rate is closer to 10.3. Mine has a flat fee but that impact is nominal with my usage. Happy. Time to stop looking for a few months lol.
rme
AG
agchino said:

A lot of the trickierbetter plans on power to choose can seembe a bit bettertricky with rebates and tiered rates based on usage. That being said you can pay the $10 for Texas power guide and enter your own usage info and do the same thing. I started to make my own spreadsheet to compare power to choose, then found out Texas power guide does the same thing and keeps it updated.

I agree!
mneisch
AG
Any new feedback? Due for renewal at the end of April, Hosuton area.
WaltonGroggins13
BosAG06
AG
mneisch said:

I've been going in and out of 3 month plans the last 6 months. Rates are down in the mid 7's. Just wish the 12+ month plans would come down. They are all still high. Seems like they are playing some game with only offering low rates on 3 month plans.
Texker
AG
mneisch said:

You can lock in a new plan now as you are within 60 days of renewal
mneisch
AG
Mid 7's would be great, I am only seeing that on month to month plans.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

I thought it was 14 days. Is that just the plan I have?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
mneisch said:

https://signup.bkvenergy.com/Files/BKVEnergy/Enrollments/CAD2303280310/EFL.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0TUgT1uM5gY9V9t2irp-ViaIae33ICOGDmWXRc90km4IXXaTUC7R3hh14
Texker
AG
schwack schwack said:

Quote:

I thought it was 14 days. Is that just the plan I have?
You lock in your new plan and specify the switch date. You can terminate your current plan within 14 days of the end date and avoid the termination fee.
schwack schwack
AG
Looking like 10.5 - ish is the best rate now for 24-36 months?
DaveHimself
AG
I'm seeing the same. I've had my Power to Choose tab open on my browser last 3 weeks and should probably pull the trigger soon.
Bulldog73
AG
Has anyone used TexasPowerGuide lately? I've liked the breakdown it provides in the past based on my real usage.

PowerToChoose are still around .11 that I'm seeing; however, Reliant is offering me a renewal rate of $.13 but "free" night and weekend usage. It's somewhat tempting as the price is really close to what I can get otherwise.
wgk
AG
Used it today. Was able to get 10.6 through Frontier for a 12 month plan.
BosAG06
AG
Just started another 3 month plan with Southern Federal @ 7.5 cents. No way I'm signing a 12 month deal in the 10-11 cent range. It's a pain to renew every 3 months but the savings are worth it.
mneisch
AG
Thinking about doing the same thing. Are you concerned that rates will be significantly higher when the 3 months ends in July? I've always heard rates peak in the summer but never actually tracked it.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
Seems pretty risky. I locked in 12 months at 10.6. I don't think we see under 10 cents again for anything 12 months (or longer). I didn't want to get caught in summer when rates peak so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 12 month rate.
wgk
AG
This is why I locked in the 10.6 as well. Was coming off a plan that was 15.2 and was the cheapest I could get in June of 2022. I was tempted by the 3 month plans but if rates jump in June/July when the renewal comes up, you are going to get stuck with a crazy rate during the months of the most usage.
Texker
AG
No surprise as the weather warms up but rates have edged up a bit. I'm glad to have 10.4 locked in for 36 months. Sure beats the 14.7 I was forced into last August cuz that's the lowest I could find at the time.
MrJonMan
AG
What amount is worth terminating and switching to y'all?

I'm at 12.5 if 2000kw or more. 12.8 if under. $250 cancelation fee. I'll use 2000kw or more all summer. My 12 month average last year was 2100

Dropping roughly 2 cents to the 10's is tempting but that $250 fee would take 6 months or so to make up I would think.
Lone Star Pest Control Service, Inc. Call for special Pricing!
Texker
AG
I paid $175 cancelation fee in November to change providers from 14.7 to 12.2 with a projected payback of 3.5 months then worked the 12.2 with the new provider down to 10.4 a couple months later. Totally worth it as am on 36 month contract.
mosdefn14
AG
I just cancelled a 12.6 contract ($150 cancel fee) for a 36mo 10.5 ($99 cancel fee). At my usage, I'll recoup the $150 by September, and then im saving roughly $30/m for the remaining 31 months, or $900. Each penny is roughly $15/m, so the $99 fee on the new plan leaves room to switch again if we see low 8s or 9s again (2019 I had a 36mo 7.7 or so plan).
DaveHimself
AG
First time I've seen rates dip below 10.0 (for a 12 month minimum contract) in some time.

I signed up for a 3 year contract in July 2022 at 14.0 (2,000kw) and have been watching rates for a few months now. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the 12 month plan (my current cancellation fee is $99 so I'll make that up in one month during summer).

MrJonMan
AG
Just paid my bill. Only used 1644kw. It says my average cost this month was 11.4 per kw.
Lone Star Pest Control Service, Inc. Call for special Pricing!
Rule Number 32
AG
Currently at 13.6 and trying to get down in that 11c range but currently unable to find it. Was definitely hoping to get something lower locked in before summer gets here. I have a $275 cancellation fee on a 3 year right now ugh.
ftworthag02
AG
my parents just got a quote from thigbe for 7cents
cena05
AG
Thigbe's quotes never count distribution charges.
pantherag
AG
I've been a Thigbe customer since 2018 when they started as EZelectricity. Could pick up the phone or email the owner (Mike) directly at any time. I have had zero issue using them do not have a single complaint. I have referred a number of friends to EZ/Thigbe through the years and everyone I referred became very pleased with their service. If your shopping service I would give them a call and let them shop your service. They had a price today for a one year contract of 0.0601 p/kWh for any amount of usage plus Oncor's distribution charge.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.