1939 Craftsman Remodel and Addition

11,664 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggietaco
evan_aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking good! Keep them coming
sellthefarm
AG
You're right by Optimist Park, right? Did you see the draft plan for the park?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG

Appliances in, with cook top going in today. Move in set for Wednesday
Aggietaco
AG
Congrats, that's exciting. Assuming we all don't perish in the great Antifa battle of Austin this weekend.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Pool coming along nicely

Aggietaco
AG
Is Texas Tiny doing your install?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
They are, and so far they have been amazing. Every complaint I had with my GC on the main job it's exactly the opposite with TTP. They have been consistently ahead of schedule, on budget and I get a written status update 2-3 times a week.

Looking for an artificial turf and pergola installer now.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG

p_bubel
Dig this thread
Aggietaco
AG
Looking good. A friend of my BIL runs TTP and I continue to hear nothing but good things about them (except for the initial pricing shock).
musicforall
Love your hex tile, where is it from?

Now that you have a microwave drawer, are you happy with it? I have not bought one because I cannot figure out how I am supposed to clean it.
Gilligan
AG
Where did you live during the remodel? I want to gut our home, but my wife doesn't want to move out for the process.

How long has it taken to get done? We have rentals we could live in temporarily to include our previous home.

No luck...
Gilligan
AG
based on the dates of this thread were you out roughly a year?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
We were out roughly 11 months, lost a month to six weeks to Covid and 2 weeks to redraw our unplanned kitchen remodel. It was hell because we had our son was born shortly before we started, my wife got an new job and I was working my regular job plus actively managing the project.

We rented a place pretty close during the remodel. It's not a drawer microwave we actual got a kitchen aid microwave/convection convection oven combo and unit and I love it.

I can't say enough about TTP and while the sliding deck is expensive it preserves back yard and keeps my toddler out of it. The pool itself was competitive, it costs roughly the same to dig a big hole and small hole but the deck is about 20k. It's made of composite and steel, so I doubt they make much if anything on the deck. Amy is the brains behind the whole thing

Just got the appraisal back and we ended up significantly cash positive which I was very surprised about

Hex tile in bathroom is from Studio Cement Tile (drive to Laredo to pick it up to save 400 bucks) and the kitchen is from clay imports (great product but also expensive)
dubi
AG
What is your before and after home value? I assume the location makes your renovation worthwhile in case you needed to sell.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
2/1 to 3/2 is the biggest jump in price and our area
Of central Austin has seen 10% YOY for a while
The Fife
musicforall said:

Now that you have a microwave drawer, are you happy with it? I have not bought one because I cannot figure out how I am supposed to clean it.
Had one almost 7 years now and couldn't imagine going back to the other kind. Cleaning instructions: Open drawer, wipe insides with damp rag, job's done!
c-jags
sellthefarm said:

You're right by Optimist Park, right? Did you see the draft plan for the park?

just saw this. i haven't seen anything beyond what they've done over the last couple of years. i'd love for them to do something in the field. since they killed off the soccer league it's a bit of dead space.

i think i said hi to you on Sunday. Were you building a snowman in front of your house when an idiot ran by while it was snowing?
dubi
AG
Quote:

i think i said hi to you on Sunday. Were you building a snowman in front of your house when an idiot ran by while it was snowing?

Are you the idiot who runs during a snow storm? You must be from up north!
Aggietaco
AG
dubi said:

Quote:

Are you the idiot who runs during a snow storm? You must be from up north!
To be fair, it was a great time for a run. Streets were pretty empty.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.